Friday, July 11, 2014

We had so much fun in Emery County! Isaac is really close with his friends from there and we got to see Jesse and Gwen, Nato and Stephanie, and Buck and Shanny (and the whole Parrish crew) Such a good time! I added a few pics to the bottom of last weeks post of Cannon getting to ride in the kid parade and fireworks and such.
Jesse was in a horrible accident just a couple days after Colt was born (and a couple months before his daughter was born--awful--) it was good to see him and see him up and getting around! We played a little baseball in the backyard. Cannon was pretty good last year (since all we did all summer while I was pregnant was play baseball in the house) but we haven't played much this year and he just wasn't listening. I said to Isaac "I'm going to struggle if he's not coach-able." Isaac replied "There's a good chance he won't be, I'm not very coach-able." I got a good laugh out of that, at least he's honest! Oh well, we had fun and I think Jesse's' oldest daughter is going to be a pretty good little athlete :)
On the 4th its Parade time in Huntington. So fun! Cannon slowly got more brave about picking up the candy.
Later we were eating the candy and I asked him what he wanted, he told me I could pick so I gave him a laffy taffy but he didn't really know what it was. When he wanted another one (well actually a different colored one) he asked for a "rappy happy" I thought it was pretty cute and  shows his little mind working and trying, he knew it rhymed, I thought he did pretty good coming up with "happy" instead of "laffy."
After the parade we found some Nielson Construction equipment and boy was Cannon in heaven! He's tiny in the pictures but you can kind of see him running from machine to machine.

After equipment (the priority) we went back to the park for the festivities, then back to Jesse and Gwen's for naps and visited. That evening we headed to Ferron for the Buck's 4th of July BBQ.
We always have so much fun with the Parrish's and this time was no different.  I don't feel like we're visiting Isaac's friends anymore--they are my friends too! We just visited lots and finally got to meet Brady who is about 2 weeks older than Colt. We crashed on their floor and then brought Buck back up to SLC with us so he could catch his flight.
Cannon has been trying our patience a little (sometimes a lot) lately with his 3 year old antics (hoping its just an age thing) but he has a little charm too, Sunday at church he had his sweet little nursery leader wrapped around his finger, he was so cute and so polite (and rocking his "future missionary" tag and she has a missionary out so she loved that) she sent him home with a little train they were going to get rid of anyway, he told her he was "so excited" and "thank you" several times. It was good for me to see because sometimes it is hard but I'll take the hard if he will please behave for others! ...but he's with me most of the time so...I'll think about that one later.

 
 
Monday we headed south. On our way out of town I did this to the car. So clumsy, I was really attentive to the other car in the underground parking place at the grocery store, just not the pole. Such a bummer. But as evidence of how good of a guy I'm married to all he said was "Its okay, just be careful." Then after he saw the picture "Oh don't waste any time worrying about that I can fix it." He's so great!!! My driving, not so great.
And away we went. My mom is coming up today and bringing Klint's family so when Isaac found out he said "You still want to go down?" Answer "YES" We got to see Grampa and Grampa Great. I didn't take pictures but Cannon got some good Grampa time in up at the new corrals a couple of times and we checked on Poppa great each day we were there too-I really enjoy that so its good. And my friend Angie was in town. Yay! So I got to go to lunch with her and Lindsay-actually we all have little's so we grabbed lunch and went to Lindsay's house. It has been a year since we'd seen each other but its like it was yesterday, so fun. Love those girls! I took Colt and Cannon stayed with Kami (so nice of her) and bonus--he was great for her! Linds asked if I still blogged, I said "every week-religiously" and Ang asked if it was "Therapeutic" for me? Umm definitely! And I need therapy once a week! (maybe more since I usually construct posts along the week) I maintain that this is the family journal but yes, its therapeutic for me to keep the family journal... :)
Colton's getting to be just about the right size for these ride on toys, and Cannon got lots of good cousin time in while we were down there.
 
 
He told me Ann loves him the most-I disagree! Thursday we headed back up. Isaac put in way long days while we were gone but he said things are going good. He was so cute to ask about Ang and Linds and what they were up too and their husbands (who he's never met but someday he will) are up to. I was impressed.
He was happy to see us-and we were happy to see him. I was making dinner and heard Colt's happy squeal-inhale thing he does and walked out to see them having fun on the skateboard. Love these boys, all 3 of them!
I watched this little mormon message video this week and really liked it, I made a note that I wanted to post it so here ya go!
I think that's all... 
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment