Friday, June 3, 2016

Doggone Dog Drama

Seriously (and unfortunately) the title is perfect. UG! We'll get there! 
First just to be clear about who we cheer for around here! Haha, but it's June and they're in 1st place--this never happens--maybe next year might be now?!?!?! This would not be a good time to turn my back on the Cubbies ;)
What's with the hand to the chin? No clue, but it's cute. Shortly after Tanner was born Isaac took Colton and Cannon to see the new Jungle Book movie, well I think that is where it came from (not 100% sure) but Isaac comes in the other day picks Tanner up and says "Hello man child!" Well he better watch out unless he wants that nickname to stick. Colton's prayer that night was hilarious it super cute when he goes through the family and thanks Heavenly Father for each person but that day it was "and (and and and) tank you man child" OH Brother!
Saturday I took off with my friend Natalie and went to the Dutchman's store in Iowa. So much fun (and good deals to boot) I came back rejuvenated (and to a spotless living room!!!) Isaac not so much! Besides cleaning up the living room he took the boys to the river but super dad was looking a little far spent by time Tanner and I got back :) HAha

Sunday's drama was dog drama! So When Cannon plays with the dog he is always unsupervised-with rare exception when Isaac is with him. And I know he's always teasing it! I even got the tablet down the other day and asked if he wanted to watch then pulled it away to kind of tease him and show him what it's like. So Sunday our backyard neighbor knocks on the door introduces himself apologizes for getting involved then
tells me (Isaac is napping and I assure you he doesn't jump right up for such things!!) Anyway Cannon was choking the dog and he was afraid he was going to kill it. And then told me all the other mean stuff he's watched Cannon do to it. He was super apologetic and didn't want to get involved but it just got to the point he'd seen enough. Later I found out (cuz ultimately Isaac and Cannon did go talk to him) that the guys wife finally got him to stop but then he told her "My mom doesn't like dogs, so it's okay if I hurt her" or something like that. So he really was hurting her-including one day whacking her upside the head with a board but he really wasn't owning up to anything. So Isaac was like well you can't be hurting her and your not being honest so we have to get rid of her. So sad  for my little boy but ya gotta learn consequences right? And if you read this blog at all, you know that even though it was really sad for Cannon, I was like sweet back to life without a dog, I'm in. And I did feel bad because nobody ever taught him how to have, play with, whatever a dog just last week I was telling our friends how the dog came and that I'd never forgiven Isaac, and that was true but I now see how unfair that was to Cannon as the little boy with the dog, I mean plus when he was mean to Colton I'd send him out to play with the dog, poor dog. Anyway so I recognize the error or my ways, and I wonder what I would have done differently if I'd known how it ended I mean, we've really only had the dog 5 months, if I knew that going in...??? So Sunday I have really really quiet (and I think that means sad but I know) husband and a little boy that is essentially oblivious to the fact he's going to lose his dog and its on account of the way he's treated it. That night I say to Isaac "I'm sorry Honey" to which he replies "It it was it is." No emotion, no sadness, just quiet. Its just how he deals with things. So that night we do our routine where we say prayers together before bed, then say our personal prayers. Isaac, I'm not kidding you if time was any indicator he was totally pouring his heart out to the Lord, I don't know when I've seen him stay on his knees that long! Sooo....Monday when I saw that he was totally caving, I just have to shrug and thing well, at least I know he made it a matter of prayer. He did talk to the neighbor directly behind us and she had never seen Cannon be mean to it and the cord that was supposedly around the dogs neck was hooked to the house and only 4 ft long so Isaac said I just don't think that dog is stupid enough to put her head clear down there and let him wrap that around her neck. Cannon never fessed up (but we know he teases her and is mean sometimes) but he also never changed his story about not putting around her neck sooooo....we still have a dog. But its dad's dog, and Cannon can only play with her when we are there to supervise and no screaming. Oh he has a certain squeal that's a dead give away he's teasing it. Anyway it seems like there was something else but I'm drawing a blank. Now the question for me is am I willing to really have learned (meaning do something different) what I say I learned ug. We'll see.
Monday the Jarvis' invited Cannon to go to Soccer with their son, oh boy, what a disaster I could post of picture of Cannon at least 50 yard from everyone refusing to try. I was so annoyed, he wanted our whole family to come then wouldn't do anything, threw a fit and whined. Come on. Man up. Finally we just left. The next day we went out to the Lake, it was rainy so empty and a great time. I visited with Dennise the whole time so I didn't take pictures but the kids had fun. And their neglectful mother let them get sunburnt :( I always end up doing sunscreen when the other moms do, I never remember myself, but the Jarvis' are super "earthy" shall we say??? They don't really do sunscreen, anyway, bottom line we ended up toasted. We also got to hit up bowling this week and took our good buddy Jason with us. They are moving next week so we had to sneak in some fun while we could! Look at them sizing up Cannon's roll. Ha
We had a great time but bowled terrible. How does an adult throw so many gutter balls with bumpers??? I managed.
Wednesday we got the happy news the Tilton's were back. Thank Heaven! Even though we've only got to play once! We also went to play at Mrs. Hardee's. But it wasn't the same with out Noah and Zach, and when mom stays! Oh well I had a great visit with Dorothy and she gave us LOADS of children's books. So nice, we love books.
Anyway, who knows what else.
Tanner flex'n...then Colt wanting to get in on it too.
 
 
The boys have figured out how to send Grama audio messages on the iphone, those are always interesting and fun. A pictures worth a thousand words but I think Grama hearing their little voices is worth a thousand too. We are all getting super excited to go! 
Tanner smiles, and scowls and oh boy has this little man found his fist!

 
 And project with dad, after Belle chewed up the internet cord, again, Isaac built a gate to keep her off the porch. He has quite the helpers.
 
Next post--FROM UTAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment