Friday, March 17, 2017

Spring Break

Well we started off Spring Break with a little snow (lame) ...enough to make dinosaur tracks in, but not enough to make a snowman...but they tried.
With cold weather but no school we had to be a little bit creative, I can't remember what we were building out of Graham crackers here but Colt and I were trying so hard to follow Cannon's instructions...ok and get a picture. Then little TanO feast'n on some of his favy's! (Peas but blueberry's are pretty good too-they look like a ball too so they pass.)
One night I told Cannon to either eat his dinner or go to bed...I promptly picked bed. That left Colt some good one on one dad time, so they started working on his new (craigslist)  bike. Here they are picking thorns out of the tire, then who knows what Colt is doing.
Well here his job is obviously to hold it up.
Your husband doesn't work on, and then try out his new bike in the living room? Weird! Just teasing I thought he looked pretty silly up there (hence the pic) but sure enough 20 minutes later I was the one perched a top a bike in the living room. Isaac initially went looking for me a bike but what he found on craigslist was a big bike that would fit him way better so we went for it and I get to ride his old one. He was all worried about it-funny guy, but I assured him I was good with it, and I'm really happy he has a taller one! So a bike ride was our big plan for Spring Break but we had to wait until today to have decent weather. Isaac really wanted to go some where and do something though (or maybe I just thought he did) anyway Tuesday I went to lunch with Dennise (we've been trying to make a habit out of it the last few big breaks from school when the guys are off school and can tend--it's fun and rare to sit and visit kid free) Anyway she told me about they places they'd looked into going and we totally ended up benefitting from all of her research. When Isaac mentioned going to St Louis to the zoo. (UG) I said we should look into the stuff Dennise had told me about and as it turned out we headed a short hour and a half north to Honey Creek State Park in Iowa. Found us a little water indoors, stayed the night even though it was pretty close to home, and had a BLAST!
We were pumped when we got there....this is while dad was checking in. Maybe we should have entered their Selfie contest.
And speaking of checking in, leave it to Isaac to get us a good deal on a sweet room, it was awesome! The "water park" was small and more like just a really cool indoor pool-or couple of them- and they ran into the grouchy lifeguard when Isaac tried to take Cannon to do the big water slide but everything else was perfect! We had SO MUCH FUN!
Some of these pictures all look the same, but I tried to take some and then put the phone/camera away and have some fun with my guys!
Since Isaac hooked us up with a sweet room there was a "swimming pool tub" and the boys put it to good use! We were at the pool for 3 hours or so then when we got back to the room, they were in the tub for at least another hour. Maybe more. Isaac would take them bites of Pizza and I'd hear "Ok quit splashing...have a bite." And the truth be told they ate way better with way less of a fight than normal! They were dang hungry after all of that playing...that helped too. It was so fun. We lured them out of the tub with the promise of TV...but by then it was about 9:00 at night and there was nothing for kids to watch at that time of night! But we learned our kids have no concept of TV and how it normally (or used to) work. They kept just wanting me to "search" for Wild Kratts or other shows they like. 
Finally we settled on busting out the tablet searching for Wild Kratts there and popping a little pop corn. Isaac's anthem "This is the life!" was the mantra of the day! And PBS kids did pull through for us the next morning on the TV. Isaac said "If we wanted them to sleep in I guess we should have shut the blinds" yup. whoops. Even with no green anywhere though, the sunrise was pretty sweet up over the lake out the window of our room, I mean, since we had to be awake for it I might as well comment that it was pretty, right?
Thursday when we got home we had to scramble and  brave the dang wind to catch a little park time with the Tilton's between their too trips but we always love to see our friends. Tanner is not longer content to be held while the big kids play...but don't be think'n he's going to let go of that graham cracker either!
Then Mr. always has to have some kind of project (but its one of the things I love about him) ...anyway Isaac  dreamt up a good one for us last night and we decided to paint the really ugly navy room at his project house. By time Colt, Tanner, and I got there Cannon had painted this little section mostly by himself! That Cann Man,  he's a good little helper...while he keeps reminding me that he's almost 6 he really still 5 and when you have a 5 year old helping you paint...spilled paint should probably be expected right? So part of what makes this next picture great is Isaac cleaning of the spilled paint with a diaper from the diaper bag because it was all we had there. Ha. He wasn't mad, but he told Cannon essentially (I wish I could remember the exact words) "I know you're just a kid, but you just need to try to be a little more mature." I loved Cannon's reply "What's 'mature' dad?"
With two things of open paint, plus a spill, keeping Tanner out of it was a full time job but I will admit we had fun. He doesn't know what he's going to do with that house, but I know one of the reason's he wanted it was so he could do things with the boys. So...Mission accomplished? He made some comment this week about too bad I wouldn't live in it. He got in a little trouble for that, because that was the deal from the beginning and I'm just not that good of a wife!
Today the boys wanted to go to the beach so we did (oh that's what they wanted to do for spring break last Saturday when it snowed too so Isaac took them in their snow clothes) anyway today we went back and TanTan and I joined them. The boys had a blast, we had a lot of "no no no" conversations trying to convince Tanner not to eat dirt. And the dog ran around like a maniac the whole time.
This afternoon we finally got that bike ride in and we got the Lingwall's to join us. It was really fun, we rode down to the park -ate a few treats and let the kids play- then rode back. We ended up having to cross about 3 busy roads (they have 4 since they rode to our house) so it would definitely be better if we could get to the trails easier but oh well.

And just a picture of Tanner because I thought him turning the pages of the scriptures was so cute!
Tonight we went down to the St. Patrick's day parade with the Jarvis'...there was a fun run/walk before we were going to do but when I realized how much it cost-no way, I don't care if it is for a good cause! But anyway we went down to the "parade" oh dear. First of all it was 5 floats long, second of all they were all the beer company vehicles. The Lingwall's had invited us over but we already had plans...ya we should have bailed and went their way! Note to self St. Patrick's day is pretty much just an excuse to drink. YIKES. Come on Lyndi, you don't live in Utah anymore...you gotta think about things. Sometimes I'm embarrassingly naïve! hmm
I guess we'll know for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment