Saturday morning started out with a little nerf war with Uncle Shawn
Isaac called his cousin Steve and their family didn't have any big plans so they came riding motorcycles with us for a few hours. It was a blast, I just love Allison, she's the sweetest! The kids were so cute, I'm kicking myself for not getting a picture of the three little kids on their motorcycles together they were so cute! Tyler is 9 -and he is such a good helper- and Alivia is 6. Allison had their two younger kids in the side by side but we talked her into getting on my motorcycle for a minute at the end.
It was so fun though, we had such a great time with Isaac's cousins then came back to find our kids having an equally great time with their cousins! So glad Aaron Tarra Shawn and Lauren were there!

We had so much fun I think Cannon loved having his turn as an "older cousin" and Colt and Henley are pretty close in age--I think he's about 7 months or so older.
Tanner loves the four wheeler (and pretty much anything outside and getting to GO) but the 4 wheeler put him to sleep both times! --I'm should remember this for when he fights naps so bad!--
Sunday went to church then ate lunch, packed up and headed South. It's warmer down here but the good times are still rolling!!
I loved that I ended up with a picture of Tanner watching the Indy 500 with Grandpa Ison then chill'n with Grampa Chip all in the same day! Oh to be in the same state! I love it!
Klint's family was here when we got here so the kids got some good cousin time, that was fun! Isaac was keeping his favorite son in law status as he watched a few videos then fixed the fridge--he's the best!
Tanner's a good helper too!
The boys were out in the pool first thing Monday morning--we ended up moving the playhouse to slide into the pool, they've had a blast!
Silly mom didn't think Tanner was going swimming--silly mom! He ended up in just a swim diaper!
(I hate the diaper look but that's as far as we got--sorry TanTan)
For Memorial Day I took Grama's new car for a spin and we shared some Hershey Kisses by Poppa Greats grave.
We tried for a horse ride but the saddle was too hot. Who needs a splash pad when Isaac can use the pressure washer?!?!
The girls came down Tuesday. The kids had all kinds of fun.
These guys also tried to help Grama relax--so nice!
Cannon's getting to be quite a smarty and figured he could just shop for the toy he wanted online himself on Grama's phone. 🙄 Last minute he wanted to miss the last two days of school and go to KC with Isaac I made him go to school-but the last two days were pretty much a free for all and Cannon got to play a power rangers game on the iPad that he's now obsessed with--should've let him stuff school!!
Let's see what else? Isaac and I have been out in the south hills a few times on our motorcycles. He got to ride with his cousin Phillip the other morning, and Cannon and I rode up at the corrals. We also visited Great Grandma Cottam and went swimming. We're staying busy and having fun!
Tanner doesn't say mom or mama--every once in a while we says Dad or dada but in the above pic I got a very definite "deeee" for "cheese" first word from a kid with a mom that over documents I guess! (Shrug) Today we drove up to Salt Lake (well Draper) we will go to our nephew Tyler's baptism tomorrow. We miss most such events because we live so far away so we are extra happy to be here.
Tonight we got together at Levi and Stacy's and the boys were loving Cousin time!! 

It's late though and Tanner was a tough sell on bed time! We didn't bring a pack'n play he's just sleeping on the floor -so is Cannon cuz he didn't want to share a bed with Colt- anyway the microwave in our hotel room is the perfect height for Tanner to get into...(sigh) I think I've finally won though--fingers crossed!
The only other thing, I am putting on here because I don't have my regular journal, but I found out this week that one of my high school coaches passed away last weekend-it was a suicide. It's hit me pretty hard, I've struggled to wrap my mind around it. I know it's true but I still feel like it's unbelievable. Although she had a tremendous impact on a lot of my teammates, she's not a coach I ever felt particularly close too, but she was still one of my coaches therefore held in high esteem (excluding when she was an official and I lost my temper with her as with all officials...if I ever coach again I'm going to have to work on that) anyway I know mental illness is real, I guess it's just never really hit that close to home with that drastic of consequences. Coach Ann and her family have definitely been in my prayers this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment