I love to blog but sometimes when its week after week of Oh shoot, its 10 Friday and I haven't even started, I wonder how sustainable the blog is long term. But I love it, and I've kept is going strong for 7 years, so push through, right?! Here goes nuth'n. Its been a busy (and stressful) week.
Saturday was the annual tractor ride out to Bishop's farm. It started out nice.
But all of the sudden with about 30 seconds notice it was a crazy storm. Wind blowing all kinds of junk out of the trees and lawn chairs clear across the property, then a down pour. We we all running for cover.
Saturday the boys also came home with these flowers for my birthday (Sunday) HaHa. I'm pretty sure the only thing holding these suckers up was the cellophane wrapping. I took this picture Saturday night but they looked like this most of the day...I hope they got a good deal (wink)
Sunday I told the boys I had something really fun for my birthday that they could play with but they had to be dressed and ready for church AND they had to practice their parts for the primary program first. (Then I posted the video on FB hoping to encourage other kids to practice too--
https://youtu.be/c1gyCGJJ3h4)
And then I got out the fun thing...(but didn't take a single picture...I was to keep it from being destroyed. So here's one from a day or two later and you still can't see it) Buuuut....it was a little violin! The boys always want to play my violin, I want them to learn piano, but they just want to play MY violin. So I bought a cheap one off of Amazon but I didn't want to give it to one or the other, so "I got it for my birthday." Cannon said "But mom, its our size...so should keep it in our room, can we?" And already they want their own (of course) that they don't have to share but I figure if we really do let them take lessons we'll need bigger sizes eventually and...whatever, they were happy.
So we did the birthday thing, one year older and WISER too--you'll just have to trust me! But Since Sunday was my birthday I took 60 cupcakes to primary. Maybe I'm not wiser...oh well. Tanner was game for an excuse to eat treats!
Tanner is in the super cute phase of reminding us to Pray and meals. I LOVE IT. The other boys did it too--so I remember it but its just so sweet. I was happy to get a couple pics. (Whoops--if that took away from the reverence--WORTH IT) Sometimes its bite, fold our arms, bite, fold our arms, and so on but who cares? Its sooo cute.
These next pics... Poor Tanner was looking pretty rough, out playing baseball with his brothers it was almost a good story but Isaac said "Na, he just fell down." Bummer.
Dog in the house? Ya, well our friends in the ward that live one street over text and said our dog (who Isaac had just let run...someday...somehow I'm hoping to convince it life isn't really like where he grew up and you (or the dog) can just run free. Maybe someday. Anyway I passed message on to Isaac and he said "Eh, she'll come back." ...Well a few minutes later different neighbors brought her back, she'd been in a fight with the grouchy dog on the corner (through the fence) and had a big cut on her lip. Isaac decided we needed to glue it together, so he held her down and I squeezed glue out of the side of our old cracked super glue tube all over the best I could. Maybe you should call me Dr. Ison? Anyway. So dog in the house-yes-but that was why and it was only for a minute.
I didn't take pictures of the multiple times this week that he had the chainsaw all torn apart on the kitchen table...to me its crazy...he says "Why? I put some thing down." Okay...
Every week I end up with several pictures like this...but its just his happy place :)
Last night I got to go on a date with my Cann Man to the Mother and Son Stampede! (It was way better than last year when I wrecked the cars.) We totally scored when we pulled in right at the same time as the Tilton's. There's a million people there, so it was fun to find our friends right off and get to hang out with them!
We topped off our date with pizza (and power ranger fruit snacks) it was fun to just hang out. And he's super agreeable when he's getting whatever he wants...Hmm...but I guess you could say the same thing about me. Ha.
Today Isaac tended (and took Cannon to the dentist again where he did great!) And I went to Cannon's school for their Professional Development day to collect hours for my license renewal stuff. I new he was Kirks kid in September but I found this picture on the wall!
And tonight we spent a few minutes at the Conservation place with the Keelers. It was really fun. I can't believe we'd never been. They boys loved it. And Tricia noticed both our little guys were wearing the headless sport shirts...so we took a picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment