Friday, November 3, 2017

First I guess I better finish up about our Chicago trip. So we were only a block from Millennium Park which was pretty cool. When the boys and I went Friday it was nothing but a trip of whining. But when Isaac got done with his meetings on Saturday we went back and actually found the playground and had a great time. It was COLD though. That wind off Lake Michigan-BRRR. And how many pictures can I take of my boys all bundled up in their coats? They all look the same. And I think Colton is Cannon every time I see the pictures because Cannon wore that coat the last two years. I told Isaac I wanted to buy a new one. I'll let you guess how that went over😏 Anyway...the good news is he lets me do whatever I want-and he doesn't throw a fit when its after the fact. (I probably won't though) Chicago got a whole lot better once we had him around though. But by far-my favorite part of vacation (and I've ALWAYS been this way) is when we head for HOME. YIKES. There's nothing better. The only exception to that is when we go visit family. Which is the bulk of the time. But plain old "vacation" its just not me. I was so relieved once we finally boarded that train.
Dunk'n donut? Tann will share! There were seriously 3 of them in one block-and what rip off! (Probably the fundamental reason I loathe vacation.)



Cannon running from place to place is tough to get a picture of...






The boys all went on this monster of a slide! 



The pictures don't do it justice but Cannon told me he had to put his hands out to keep from flipping over-Colt wasn't so fortunate!



Tanner with Lake Michigan behind him...the other two weren't going to slow down for such photo nonsense! 
Tanner's also the only one wears whatever I want on Sunday. So a sweater on a cold day--you bet! Colt saw how happy it made me that he was dressed warm and followed suit. Cannon follow a mom suggestion? NEVER. Well he said he wanted one so we made Colt switch cuz the one he had on really would have fit Cannon best, but then he didn't wear it.




Monday the boys didn't have school because it was a professional development day. I was going to go but I found a website where I think I'll be able to get the CE credits that I need and that just seemed so much more convenient that farming by kids out! The boys played pretty darn good together. I think I recognized they don't fight so much when everyone's not tired from a long day. The next morning I found a sign from their treasure hunt on the treadmill. 


We did pumpkins for FHE, the boys had fun. We just scored little pumpkins that were left over from the fall festival. They were small but perfect. 







Tuesday morning I FINALLY finished the Tiger costumes.
Colt Tanner and I stopped by Isaac's class for a little reverse trick or treating--After we dropped Colt off at school Tanner and I got to go Cannon's class party. Oh boy. Tanner was a nightmare. Oh well. We survived. Doesn't the little Tornado look so innocent in the big boy desk--he's not!






That night we met up with the Tilton Tigers and did a little trick or treating. It was really fun. The Community College does a little thing here an then we went to the Truman dorms.  We were really just going for anything inside so we didn't freeze and we didn't care if it was "good" or not. But it was awesome! They had little pumpkins the kids got o paint. Then they trick or treated thought the halls.





I guess they do it every year. We liked it so much we made them a thank you card!
Tonight we went down to the church to play a little ball-we love that. Until Tanner got clocked! Whoops! I didn't see it but he wasn't happy! And the rest I guess I leave unexplained...at least until later:)




No comments:

Post a Comment