Friday, February 9, 2018

Nauvoo Exodus Reenactment

Last Saturday we headed to Nauvoo to participate in the exodus reenactment. It was a neat experience! We didn't show up with names of our ancestors that participated (although we have them) so they gave us name tags for the Horne family. A mom and dad with 3 little boys pretty darn close to our boys ages, and we walked (or rode) for them. It was cold but not nasty frigid, but sacred hallowed ground for sure! 
Breakfast at the family living center first was a hit too👍 Cann couldn't even turn from that cinnamon roll for the picture😉



(Above) sometimes these dang boys are so cute I could burst! ...And...sometimes they are so naughty I do burst darnit but let's stick with the positive! 


Tanner LOVED the horses and was not about to turn his head from them for a picture! So he was pretty excited to get to pile on one of the wagons and let the horses pull them. (The got right up front for a better view of the horses.) I walked-it was warmer! I love the temple in the background on the second picture down (by the horses head) 


Down by the river is WAS nasty Cold!!
After we headed back, went to a park (brr) made some sandwiches then I went to the temple and did a session and the boys went down to play in the frozen river. (Only Super Dad--the incentive was the only way he got them to eat!)  The temple was nice, and I came out to 3 kids that "got a little wet" oh brother! Thank goodness for the arrival center! They had stripped most of the wet clothes and We stayed indoors while it was my turn to tend. Our neighbors were actually there too so I visited with them--they live through the block, we actually visit 2 hours away, ha! Whatever Works. Both on the way there that morning and home that evening we saw So Many bald eagles! It was awesome!

Later in the week I read an article about President Ballard. It reminded me of the summer we spent in SLC because he either lived or had lived in the ward we attended there that summer. But it was pretty cool to recognize that in the space of 3 1/2 years (could've been 1.5 if we'd gone over to the reenactment sooner) we have both lived at the mouth of immigration canyon and celebrated the 24 of July there and participated in the Nauvoo exodus reenactment. That's pretty cool! Heavenly Fathers hand is definitely in the details of our lives!!!

And the rest of the week just kinda passed by...
Sunday our friends the Williams had us over for dinner. (They are brave.) It was fun! Tuesday we went to the church after school with Cannon's buddies from Kindergarten, they are still great friends and the boys had a blast- except Colt, he laid on the sidelines and just wanted to go home the whole time. When we got home he fell right asleep. Cannon told me he probably got sick from drinking the water in the mississip....drinking it?!?!?! Sometimes I'm better off not knowing! Wednesday I was going to keep him home but he seemed fine and wanted to go to school so we went. He was helping clean the walls with a toothbrush... maybe this sick is good? 
(Then a few random pics)








But it's not really good, this many days later the little guy is just still not full speed. Bummer! 

 Not the most put together blog post but that's the week-you get the idea-

No comments:

Post a Comment