Friday, September 7, 2018

So the bat disaster last week...wasn't a fluke. Sunday night we woke up from being buzzed by one of those little suckers. Isaac went in to pee before he took care of it--and found another one. Bats aren't his thing. At one point he said "Hey do you want to do this? I haven't heard you scream." I answered "No" and explained that me mumbling curse words while hiding under the covers was my version of a scream.
Yikes.
Thankfully Monday was Labor day and he had it off. So he got the sheetrock up in the laundry hallway. Oh because ultimately what happened was he did catch and get rid of the one in the bathroom--he thought he had the other one corned in the workroom and just opened the window trick again, but he didn't. And that morning he found it upstairs and...its a long story and I really would need pictures to do it justice but ultimately he did catch it. Walk clear out away from the house and threw it then watched the little sucker fly right back into our basement. I haven't been down there since. But it started more projects--like we're ever at a loss for projects. But he got that sheetrock up so it was an open hole from down there and started working on that french door that is busted. We haven't had bats since but I was still ready to light a match to this stupid place and walk away!! This "farmhouse" is turning me into a city gal QUICK. And I hate spiders, just for the record.
It was a nightmare.  


Jumping back to the weekend, we hit home depot day, then it was a day FULL of getting ready for the ward BBQ out at Bishop Sorhus's house. It was a long day but I think everyone had fun.





Other than that it feel like it was really a slow week. Well we're finally making progress in the potty training land, I guess that's noteworthy. And everything Tanner says is funny, but I can't document it all. My favorite thing he says right now is "ooo thank you mommy" It comes with fair amount of not so cute things too--but that's my favorite.
Tonight we vetoed the Mormon Helping Hands (do we still call it that?) project up in Iowa because it was supposed to rain the whole time, but when I got back from the 1st ward activity tonight Isaac said he had rechecked the weather and we might be back on.
Other pics: 
When dad was gone church’n it on Sunday night, we found a treat recipe in the friend magazine. 
And we might be venturing into Halloween stuff-they want to be paw patrol pups, of course. But Colt wants a big long teeth on the sides cuz that’s what Belle has (“and her is a real dog”🤣) so...how bout these. 

And I took this next pic about 20 minutes too early-before there were 6 more papers that looked like the one in front of Tanner. Our kitchen table looks like this pretty much every day. And we are always excited to go get our Cann man! 



Picking apples at our neighbors.

Hunting flies with the Salt gun. Ug we have so many flies! 



No comments:

Post a Comment