Dang! It’s been a heck of a week. Saturday we went to a primary friends baptism then hit Home Depot day. Isaac bought a tractor for Grampa Chip!
It was a normal busy fun day, until as we were walking out the door to basketball (cuz Cannon had night games) we got the call that Isaac dad had passed away.
Dangit.
While not totally unexpected it’s always hard. We thought he had been doing a little better, it was such an up and down ride the last few weeks.
So we packed up and headed back west.
We played the b-ball games then Isaac went into work to get something’s squared away and I packed and we hit the road about 2 am. The drive totally sucked! We blew a tire about 6 AM put the donut on and limped to the next city with a Walmart where we got two new tires (busted by our kids for “shopping” on Sunday) and hit church at 9:00 then back on the road.
It was summer weather going across Kansas!!
The first thing Isaac did when we got here was spend some time in his dads “domain” —and Sethy got in on it too.
It’s kinda a bummer that Sethy won’t remember Grandpa Ison at all☹️
I’ve posted them before but I’m so thankful for these pics!!!
After these while we were in St George he was working on a dinosaur with his 3D printer for the boys. He always had a project!!
We’ve been so grateful to be here!
The boys of course have loved being here—and sneaking over Jesse’s to play video games.
Monday we opened some of the mystery packages from China...rods for a remote control airplane and I can’t remember what else.
Wednesday we went to Provo—we practiced our practiced our guys out on the song the boys were singing at the funeral. Grandma had an ortho appt. then she tended the boys at a fun indoor play place while we made a temple trip.
Then in honor of Grandpa we hit the DI. We didn’t need anything but had a blast-buying stuff we didn’t need! They boys were like “can I have this ....” toy? You bet! They each got something and a big helicopter to share. We found me ski boots for $4 and skis for $10. Sold! It was silly but it was SO FUN!
Grandma was able to hit Costco while I went into Ross and bought a second church outfit. I wasn’t thinking funeral AND viewing when I packed but it was between midnight at 2am and the excuse to go shopping was fun!
Thursday we finished up the memory slides video—there wasn’t a lot I felt like I could help with but I did to a lot of pics of old pics and got them uploaded. I’m excited about a whole new loot of stuff to put on family search too.
Last night was the viewing today the funeral, it was a really nice service. I even think Grandpa would have liked it—and he hated funerals! He said “there are lies, white lies and then there’s funerals!” But it was nice, no embellishments very gospel centered. It was good.
So I feel like I should write more but the pictures will have to suffice.
We’re great full to be here!
Grateful for the life Grandpa Ison lived and all the things he taught Isaac and did for each of us.
We’ve enjoyed being here with Grandma all week and all the family these last couple days! Grama Nette and Grampa Chip came up for the services so we got to see them for a second too.
We’re running on not much sleep-still have the drive ahead of us tomorrow but so grateful to have been here!
Oh and Sethy took his first steps while we were here!!! I have a movie but I can’t figure out how to upload to YouTube anymore...🤔 I better figure it out.
ReplyDeleteشركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة شحن عفش من الرياض الي الامارات-دبي
شركة شحن من الرياض الى الامارات