Saturday we went train watching. Isaac had a student who had told him about it and our friend to me-it ended up being two different places but both were pretty cool. And Grandma Ison was there-she was smart enough to pack snacks and I got a little family picture out of it so that’s a win for everyone!
The first place was a cute little lookout building but we waited for an hour to see one train (dumb amtrack was behind) then we left only to hear the next train go by as we were pulling away. Not knowing we would see TONS with the Amtrack logjam cleared we kindof raced one to the bridge we were going to. It was classic Ison adventure-we heard it and we were close so all of the sudden we’re gunning it in the mini van on the dirts road...good times
The bridge was so low they could fill the heat off the engine with the wind. It was cool.
Oh whoops I was supposed to crop that-Isaacs pants really aren’t that short the we’re just hung up on his socks. I’m going to get busted.
They came from both directions-all always honked for us. It was fun!
I think that was pretty much it for Saturdays adventures
Sunday we had some serious tree decorating going on!



And they were all suited up for church with Christmas ties so I took my camera and a little treat for a bribe and snagged some pics after our meeting for a Christmas card. I know some people keep those pics just for the card but...there’s no guarantee it will happen so... here they are:
And they were all suited up for church with Christmas ties so I took my camera and a little treat for a bribe and snagged some pics after our meeting for a Christmas card. I know some people keep those pics just for the card but...there’s no guarantee it will happen so... here they are:
In all the fun with the tree I totally forgot about zoom Sunday School. Whoops. But I did get a great Sunday afternoon nap. And while Seth and I napped the other 3 boys took decorating their room into their own hands.
When Seth got up he was sure they’d done it just for him...to destroy! He’s a little tease too-he loves getting a reaction out of them!
That evening we went for a little walk-poor Grandma became a walking coat rack! But we love to stroll out along our gravel road!

These goofs set up this “family picture” all on their own. Of course I obliged!

Monday and Tuesday we cashed in on a little more Grandma time. Oh the other thing we did was ask her about her childhood, it was fascinating! And when I didn’t think the boys were listening they really were. I learned so much—now I just need to follow through and type it up!


She hit the road Wednesday and now I’m still adjusting to life without extra hands that cook and clean. Darn. It was sure good while it lasted! I think we really all had a great time with her here!
These goofs set up this “family picture” all on their own. Of course I obliged!
Monday and Tuesday we cashed in on a little more Grandma time. Oh the other thing we did was ask her about her childhood, it was fascinating! And when I didn’t think the boys were listening they really were. I learned so much—now I just need to follow through and type it up!
She hit the road Wednesday and now I’m still adjusting to life without extra hands that cook and clean. Darn. It was sure good while it lasted! I think we really all had a great time with her here!
Tuesday we got a package from Grama Nette. I think she was trying to help me not have to do laundry as often. (Well that and she just knew someone would love them)


Instead he wants to wear one pair of construction jams and then just hold one pair like blanket...and wash both. Oh well-laundry every day is very normal for me...with no end in sight. Oh well.
Instead he wants to wear one pair of construction jams and then just hold one pair like blanket...and wash both. Oh well-laundry every day is very normal for me...with no end in sight. Oh well.
Then just normal us...Tan wanted Seth to lay on the bridge he’d made so bad. Seth was like no way I want to make a bridge too. And someone’s gotta help with the flat tires around here!
Ug! Tan was late for preschool but I sure was glad Isaac could rescue us. And I’m even more glad he ordered new tires! I’m so sick of those cruddy two flats a month specials! Hoping we have better luck this next go around.
Tan and Haven with the hats they made at school.
And a little ornament craft while Cannon and dad went to basketball.


That was the first time Cann’s had b-ball that I didn’t go...it was kindof nice. Now whether I can stay out of it when they start playing games...remains to be seen. Ha!
That was the first time Cann’s had b-ball that I didn’t go...it was kindof nice. Now whether I can stay out of it when they start playing games...remains to be seen. Ha!
That’s about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment