I have the best friends though-Emily had us over Saturday night and Michaila had us over Monday night and it was awesome, I need to be more thoughtful of others, being on the receiving end of such kindness I was like oh dang I don’t think it would have even crossed my mind!!
Anyway
Saturday we went back down to the little lake swimming hole in LaPlata. It was a huge turn out-like a ward party but with both wards. But it was hard hard hard I was just missing Riz. It’s sort of like it’s his little place down there, he’s how we found out about it, but he’s not here.
The kids had a blast though. Trains water friends win win win.
The best news of the day was Isaac called and told me he had received the email: HE GOT TENURE!!!!!
Such good news-I’m so glad we are not on the job hunt! Because if he hadn’t gotten it we would be, Ug that would be awful!
And that night we went to the Wagner’s it was super fun!
Sunday…we survived
But I do have this pic
I realized (at girls night last week) this is the first impression for the student families who moved in last year🤣🤣
So we recreated it.
Monday everyone did their job chats so I would take them to hobby lobby then we went to the Pettit’s that afternoon and stayed until after bedtime FHE and everything—it was perfect!
And Really I wanted to go to Hobby Lobby to get some new flowers for Rizzy Roo. It was flag day and the 4th is coming up so we went with Red White and blue. We put them there Tuesday and I took the little push mower over Wed so it looks a little better than this now.
What else?
Oh Wednesday we had friends out here. (Mulberries are on)
A little more baseball of course. Cann played up in Lancaster and Tan had a game here.
Yesterday we hit up beach Ottumwa with the Bryant’s —so dang fun!
When we were driving home Isaac called and told me there was a spot for me at the temple if I wanted to go. (A young man from out ward is going on a mission actually he’s the kid my boys used to call “that priesthood boy” when he was a deacon and they couldn’t remember his name -Jacob- how great of a compliment is that though??? )
We love Jacob-and all the Doman’s and know he will be a fantastic missionary!
It had been so long, since before I was ever pregnant and certainly not since Riz died the temple just sounded like the BEST place to go. But finding a babysitter was pretty stressful. I don’t know anyone in Nauvoo right now I didn’t really want to make my kids drive 4 extra hours, driving 1.5 yesterday to beach ottumwa Tanner said “it feels like we’re driving to Utah!” And next week we really are driving to Washington state. Ug!
In the end I dumped them on Michaila and her little Sister took over as soon as she got home from basketball.
But the stress was worth it. So so so good to be in the temple!!
Bout it.
No comments:
Post a Comment