But I will try 😉
Saturday I took the kids down to the parade Isaac stayed home and cleaned out the barn.
I also let the boys buy a few fireworks. They love them. I think it’s like burning dollar bills. Maybe I’m Scrooge but I’m a fiscally responsible Scrooge. And I gave in and let them buy a few so maybe I’m not Scrooge…maybe that’s Isaac 🤣 I’m glad we are on the same side though.
This girl has all our hearts…
And her expression pleads “what did I do to deserve this?” Sorry sister—he just loves ya!
Me: Get your filthy hands off her
Seth: My hands aren’t filthy!
Me: Ok then, don’t touch her with those not filthy hands either.
I’ll let you use your imagination on the hands-I have a picture, but I have a million pictures this week so I didn’t feel like putting one of just dirty hands on. 😏
And on to Sunday. More Sunday pics—Cannon’s was cuter (and his tie was blue) last time so I’ll use it for the wall.
Nuthin great of Addi. Cannon is fairly patient with me being really impatient with him being the 11 year old photographer. Come on man-I just want ya to catch the smiles and I want it to be a picture of her face-not the top of her head. 🤷♀️
The selfies he takes??? One is cute!

We went over to the cemetery-it was Addi’s first trip-and Cannon wanted the dog in the picture-whatever.


The worst part was we originally left the house going Dennis’ but he had family over so we turned around and it was actually the boys idea to go the the cemetery, cool, so we did, but I was just in sandals and I have paid dearly in chigger bites 😩😩😩 miserable dang things.
We went over to the cemetery-it was Addi’s first trip-and Cannon wanted the dog in the picture-whatever.
The worst part was we originally left the house going Dennis’ but he had family over so we turned around and it was actually the boys idea to go the the cemetery, cool, so we did, but I was just in sandals and I have paid dearly in chigger bites 😩😩😩 miserable dang things.
For the 4th the Pettit’s invited us down for a fun run and revolutionary war water fight! It was pretty fun.
The kids were the Americans and the grown ups were the British.
Cannon was the punk kid that…ultimately his dad had to put in his place…the bottom of that kiddie pool 🤣
We drove separate because I had to run an errand but on the way out the door I grabbed a handful of pistachios -a healthy snack- curse that! I though I broke my tooth. Then yesterday I finished it off there’s no “thought” about it. The dang thing just crumbled. Sooo good thing I had a dentist appt next week anyway-now I’d bet I’m looking at a crown.
Anyway back to the 4th that evening we went over to the Gonda’s. I told Isaac he should just give up on ward parties entirely…unless he puts Stephane in charge! It was a huge turn out (like way more than ward parties) and really fun!! They had water toys out for the kids but after the mornings water fight our kids totally turned it into another water fight. Brother Stevens had to put Cannon in his place by dunking his head in the cooler that had drinks in it. I’m not sure the whole story but…I’m sure he deserved it! He said it was pretty cold too. And then there were fireworks—some of those guys are like kids in a candy store with the lighters in their hands.
Whatever, I guess they’re having fun and maybe making some memories along the way.
Tuesday Cann had baseball so we loaded up all 5 kids (Isaac was teaching CPA prep stuff) and went to the ball field to get some swings in before he played. We took his buddy Tristin too. I’m pretty sure Addi wins best sister award for the picture on the left! She didn’t really love it though-we weren’t super productive but we figured some work was better than none. And Addi was giving Leslie pretty cute smiles at his game that night!
They won! These tournament games are pretty intense. Cannon caught a pop fly for the final out and he was pretty pumped (I’ll be honest though he was a little shaky-probably just nerves-but he held on!)
Wednesday Isaac headed for South Dakota to pick up the skid steere. The boys helped me clean (for tablet time) so Thursday we could turn this place into a bunk house! -oh and Thursday Addi turned 2 months old!! Man it goes quick when they’re on the outside!
So much for her cute little “I am a child of God” shirt it said 3-6 months but it fit like a newborn one. Bummer! But of course I’ll try again.
We are hosting the young men from 3 of the units in the stake for youth Conf. 8 kids total plus two leaders (Isaacs the leader responsible for the 3rd unit) but I hummed and ha’d about whether to give them the boys beds or not and finally decided to. The boys all have twins so we swiped the mattresses-plus two of them have toppers so I had a bed for ever guy but then Isaac took on two more but with the couch and one air mattress we still pulled it off. And the leaders had the two beds in “Grama’s room”
Not bad for an old farm house.
I’m glad I gave them the boys beds. I didn’t think we ate in the bedrooms ok except for an occasional string cheese or something but…I was wrong and it was disgusting and I did NOT like cleaning it up but I’m glad that ????apple???? Is not still under Tanners bed growing 🤮🤮🤮
Anyway back to the bunk house they got beds instead of the floor —Throw in the zip line and hopefully they’re glad the ended up staying here. 🤷♀️
Thursday we did a beach trip. Had the place to ourselves with our ward friends so that was awesome. Forecasted rain must have scared everyone else off
And I’m STILL not done with Thursday’s excitement! - because at 10:00 that night Bishop Sorhus and his buddy Bob brought us this!
To say the boys -especially Isaac- are excited would be a massive understatement!
Since it’s Brother Farnsworth’s horse I think his name should be Jack. Cannon wants Ferrari-because he thinks he’s fast. Doesn’t exactly roll of the tongue Jack is better but time will tell!
No comments:
Post a Comment