Friday, March 24, 2023

Turning the Bishop page...

I think the biggest news on the week was that Isaac got released from his calling as Bishop. I knew that last week when I blogged but it was still hush hush then. Not anymore. 
It was cute, he got to share is testimony (he did great) then he turned to President Marler (The 1st counselor--Pres Thomas wasn't there--but he came later) and said something then Pres Marler nodded and Isaac came down and sat by us! We'll probably even ride in together next week. 😊
I knew Pres Thomas was going to stop by Sunday but "afternoon" was all I knew. So I just put some food in the crockpot.  If we know he's coming we like to feed him because its about 2.5 hour drive since he lives in Macomb....and on Sunday…not that there’s really anywhere to stop and eat if it weren’t Sunday—I dunno. We invited Pres Marler as well but he couldn't make it. But we ended up staying after church for Levi Page's baptism. So that thwarted my brown rice in the oven plan, but I pulled off white rice (we're fine with simple carbs around here and I do think the baptism was more important) but Bishop and Sister Sorhus came too because Isaac had picked up his temple clothes when he was working last time because the temple is closed. Anyway. We talked them into staying and eating with us too. I got home from the baptism about 8 minutes before President Thomas and the Sorhus' got here and Isaac "misjudged the time" ran a little errand and got here about 15 minutes after they got here. Oh well. We sat around and visited while we waited for him (and the rice cooked) and then we ate dinner. I had a tired tired little Addi girl so mostly I packed her and listened and pitched in here and there too. But it was so fun. President Thomas only wanted to stop by to tell us thanks for serving. He really is so great-and SO AWESOME with our kids--I mean I wished he could have heard them telling my parents that night how cool our stake president is. And he is! Cannon asking him if he had President Nelson's phone number...it was just funny and great. And Bishop Sorhus preceded Isaac so it was just fun. AND...I love pictures and thanks to Seth I have some. It was hilarious he had snagged my phone from in the other room and took several. And said “picture!”  Well done Little Mr Ison --I guess you have some of me in you too. (And he looks the most Frei…but he’s not) but here’s a few he took. 

There were lots of those headless ones 🤣🤣
But it was great. 
The weakness with the farmhouse is ALWAYS the dining room but especially when we have company. Oh well. But actually I randomly called Isaac this week and said "Hey, I want a cement pad and a basketball hoop--you know that right?" And he did, but I just thought dang these kids they want something, they ask him,  maybe nag, and (as long as its a piece of equipment) we end up with it! I thought to myself its really a simple (much cheaper) thing I want... he offered twice after I called him to walk around the property and try to decide where to put it!... but that led to the: are we going to add on a garage discussion...anyway all of this to say we've started dreaming and scheming about an addition to that dining room. Again.
Well see
Maybe someday
I mean...it doesn't fit our family now so maybe someday soon??? Who knows. But the problem is that we get along just fine. But if I start thinking about what I would want different. A bigger dinning room yes but a mud room too with a big utility sink and a shower, “lockers” and hooks galore, a place for snow clothes, and life jackets and work clothes, how about an extra washer and dryer out in that mess space but wait I'm not going to want the new "nice" space messy...or unfinished but (too bad my life is) Oh and it would be great to have a place to put the Christmas tree and... how did we get to all of this out of me wanting a hoop???? Get out of the way because there's a train coming down this track!
So anyway time will tell. 
Monday spring break still wasn't over! It was windy but the sun was shining so after a trip to the library, so much 3D pen mess, Tanner tossing Cannon Alley Oops, rides on shoulders and so on...I kicked them outside! 











Tuesday...Thank You teachers! But look at this sweet picture Tanner drew of himself on the 4 wheeler. I have the school projects blog to save things like this but I loved it and I'm being lazy so here it is...I loved his helmet around his head. More on him and the 4 wheeler later--the picture is cute and all but I really couldn't care less about it, I want that head protected in real life!

While her brothers were at school Sis and I went over and put a wind chime in the tree to try to keep the deer from snacking on Rizzy's tulips. I'm doubtful (they are barely coming up and there's bite marks in them...I hope they tasted like green apricots😆) anyway we tried. I thought I'd let this girl help me drive home. Whoops. She was a terror-yanking the wheel, mad I wouldn't let her grab the gear shifter. Yikes. A mind of her own! Just like her brothers. 



Tuesday he came home with this. Tanner's been wanting one but Seth was the first one to help him drive it. Ya can't really see Seth in the picture--but he's there. 
And I need a new (not when she's 3 months old) pic of this girl on my wall...and I want this with a different background. Too bad I'm not much of a photo editor. Oh well, it will green up soon and I will try for one. Its getting harder and harder to trick her into forgetting about those bows. Dad hates them, Grampa hates them. Someday I'll probably hate them but for now I think its cute and until she grows some more hair...Sorry sis, even if there's flowers on your shirt you just look too much like your brothers. 

Check our this "green egg" Seth got at school. Ms Karen is so fun. She gave him some extras to share with his siblings. Sister was pumped when she got a whole one. He snagged the skittle and I found pretty much the whole pretzel in her mouth--all the almond bark sucked off. She loved it. 

And see this smile...Its about as polar opposite as I was feeling about the situation as possible. 
Have Mercy!

I used to always try to keep the blog positive...I don't know if I do that anymore. Who knows? But I used to always tell my side of the story in my regular journal. But then I took the emotional resilience class which was life changing because you have to write down something you're grateful for every day so I just started doing it at the top of my journal. And life changing because its so good to focus on the good and often times the rant will fall by the wayside--undocumented. 
But last night I was wound up! I know I wrote something I was thankful for...but then I just went off on the Isaac special. (I've kindof gone away from calling it Ison special because really--its just him. His siblings...there's not one of them that would have put up with this circus. Anyway...)
So I don't know how much I should tell because really I wrote it all down in my journal and I wasn't any better off for it right?
But here's the summary...its was a disaster-over and over again. Typical. Including Tanner driving the 4 wheeler home by himself with no helmet. I was following. He's almost 7 but...still 6...and he was a nervous wreck and so was I. A hydraulic leak.  A completely different project across the street at Kilmers. Not making the turn with the semi and lowboy, and so on... See this next pic: That sun has set. Originally that excavator was going to be at the property in town and he was going to take Seth into school (noon) and maybe we'd go to lunch before he ran into work....
None of those things happened.
Instead I'm scrounging up old tires for this project in the gross chicken house and the like. I couldn't find enough so I had to get Colt to help me. We found the required 6...we easily could have used 10. He crawls the machine off the lowboy off and then he was going to have me drive it...I've never been in the thing. And when it dwarfs the whole street ya kinda realize just how big it is! Anyway I don't want to drive it so I don't even give him a chance to stop I just keep running tires-as soon as he's past them I put them back in front of the track. (Far more of a work out than soccer practice just for the record.) But we're trying to keep that 80000lb machine from ruining the road. 

Anyway. Addi -who had to go to freezing soccer with me because of this project-fell asleep on the way home from soccer and slept through the whole deal. Thank Heaven. But then she was wide awake at 10:00pm pulling tricks like this all on her own. 😲

Cannon who had been up early for weights also slept through everything. Seth was "Helping" always--since after school he had me drop him off-they are partners in crime. He got grease on his school coat, Isaac was like "you dropped him off don't be mad at me."  Colt had his nose in a book and Tann...hung out with the big boys who were sleeping/reading. So basically by himself. He was fine but...not good on my mom heart. Oh and I'm hungry which is just a recipe for disaster no matter what. Not Isaac's fault at all. 100% me. But definitely part of the disaster. I'm hungry because as I was pulling out the stuff for the pasta salad after soccer before the "I need tires" call I spilled dressing and tiny chopped up vegetables EVERYWHERE. I was so mad-at me-and that I had to clean it up. Back over at the project though (Oh the old boy who lives on that street is totally watching the circus out the window. But we're over there with Addi and Seth when Tanner and Colt finally called (on the old phone through the internet like we do) and I was like oh we're almost done...pop some popcorn and we should be back before its gone. We were :) Isaac bought KFC when I told him what had happened to dinner plan A. And I was grateful but I was still so ornery. It was almost 9:00. Then we have to eat. And still do CFM. And I was tired but Addi was wide awake. It was just a disaster. 
But we survived it. I think. Just another day in Paradise. 
This is one of Addi's favorite places. 

Colt was Isaacs helper tonight. Cannon got to go to the middle school fun night. I've never let him before because I didn't want two extra trips into town. But since I let Colt go to the glow night I thought I better...he was so excited I felt bad about being a grouch the other times. I don't know what else. I stay busy with Laundry even if I don't get anything else done. Tanner and I finished his library book. 
Bout it. 
...I'm sure we'll have something to tell about next week too
Even if its just soccer. 
😉



No comments:

Post a Comment