Friday, July 14, 2023

It’s not the best day to blog-but it’s Friday so…I’m blogging. 
We left the Ison family fun week with the dog on the trailer—standing next to the motorcycles and left her standing there the whole way! Even on the freeway! Oh my —I don’t like it, Cannon is constantly telling Isaac to slow down, and the passerbys …OUTRAGED. Isaac just “wishes he could have a conversation with them” then we’re not even on the freeway anymore when Isaac rolls down his window to talk to the next car…but that car just wanted to film it…then he sped off. All of this  causing a scene doesn’t bother Isaac at all! Cannon’s like “we could go viral” I want to crawl in a hole-possibly back in the dog carrier and hide! I told him as we were leaving Kanaraville it made me very anxious. That means nothing to him. Then we get to my moms house and their stupid dog nips Seth. 
So I —way past the end of my dog rope…snapped! Oh and I snapped last night too…because I thought he left me with a way unfair portion of the bedtime routine. Yeah… he might hate me. Well not me-but definitely when I snap. 
Not a great start to the second half of our vacation. 
So about the blog, I’m just not really not in the mood to tell stories. 
But we got to Huntington Sat…the van was making a clicking noise across country so of course this was the scene…it is always the scene…and they had helpers! 



The boys always have fun playing with Aliyah. 

But we made it to Santa Clara. Cann was pumped-he finally talked his dad into a family pellet gun but I accidentally had it shipped to Grampa’s. Whoops. Alright birds that poop all over everything in his “shop” barn…this could be the end. 



We like Walking to church in Santa Clara too. 
That evening we made it up to Kanaraville for the Ison family fun week. 
Oh but wait, before I was so dang ornery I did have have a good nice way to start the blog. 
Tuesday  we got to go to the temple, it’d been a long time since we’d done sealings but after  I had the thought to write down something I was thankful for each day-ever since the emotional resilience class I do it every day (that I write)  in my normal journal but I never bring it with me 

So from the week: 
I am thankful for
Tuesday -Isaac’s mom, I totally scored in the mother in law dept. She is so good. She loves so unconditionally and serves constantly! She works tirelessly-And she tended so we could go to the temple! 

Wednesday-for the beauty of the earth. We hiked Kanaraville falls and it was beautiful! Also super thankful our cute niece Ali packed Addi down. She did pass her off to her folks but for all I knew Ali had my baby! I wasn’t not admitting it but I was so tired and I didn’t want Isaac hurting his back again so I was being pretty stubborn but Ali just didn’t take any of my nonsense and took her. Me=grateful, because oh my back is killing me 🤣🤣🤣 (as of Friday night updating the post and writing this my back is fine😊) 

Thursday—these kids we’ve got they’re pretty great. Tanner had us cracking up tonight. And also my faith. While I tried really hard to not contribute there was quite a discussion, it wasn’t about religion until all the sudden we hit black ice and it was. I wondered a lot of questions in my mind as I listened-what about this? Or that? Or…lots of things but overall I think I’m just thankful for my beliefs and my testimony. And really that’s all I have any control over anyway. 

And tonight-my parents—45 years For them!!! We went out to eat with them, my brothers and their wives to celebrate! While they might not be  perfect parents-they’re perfect for me. I’m thankful for the relationship I have with each of them and knowing they are in my corner-they want only that which is best for me-and I’m blessed to know that! I could go on and on but I won’t…this time. 

Ok so always good to express gratitude-I’m glad I jotted a few things down, I’m in a better mood already! 😉
So back to family fun week:





Addi was licking the rocks! I have pics but I’d rather post the one with grandma in and tell the story of the rocks. 
Seth loves being older than these two! 



Monday we went up Cedar Mountain and hiked the bristle cone pine trail. 













And then went and hiked Cascade Falls






There’s really was a waterfall behind us 😉

We decided to picnic at Navajo Lake-because our Missouri lakes are so warm Isaac bribed the boys to get in! 



More fun at the vacation house









Then Wednesday was our much anticipated Kanaraville Falls hike. 



















It was pretty fun! 
That night Isaac and his brothers discussed in great detail how artificial intelligence was going to disrupt things…I was mostly watching the interplay between contributors…but I did buy the book “the psychology of money” on Levi’s recommendation and I think it was part of that conversation. 
Then all the good stuff-card games-treats galore-screen time 





Thursday we went to the cedar city aquatic center-it was pretty fun. I called to invite Ky’s girls and Klints kids were up visiting for the renaissance fair so it was good time with cousins from both sides!  



Tanner getting business advice from Aunt Stacey—it was too cute! 
Then here at grama Nette’s we went swimming at the neighbors then the big kids tended while the grown ups went out to eat to celebrate my parents anniversary-I might have already written that…but it’s late so cut me some slack I’m almost done. It was really fun though.
And Cannon and Grampa made a deal on a shot gun a summer-or two ago…so he’s been saving his money 

He’s pretty excited. 
Its a lot, maybe pic overload, But it was a good week (my biggest complaint on the week  was a stupid cardboard cut sustain while opening a box of rice crispy treats 🤦‍♀️ whoops…and the dang thing still hurts.🤣) 

it’s late so I’m done! 






No comments:

Post a Comment