Anyway the-non exciting week:
Saturday we went over to Baring to help with the tornado cleanup-but first Isaac went over to Bishop Sorhus‘s to borrow his chainsaw again. Well they got chatting and we were late, but it didn’t matter. Oh and all we did was pick up garbage and a few limbs-didn’t need the chainsaw anyway. The devastation was pretty incredible though. All the stuff we save… there’s really no reason to… but I did see some 1970s Tupperware— in perfect condition! That’s stuff is impressive! Looked just like the ones on my Grandmas counter.
As for the chainsaw, Isaac needs to just buy himself a new one. Which he could do if he would buy anything new, but instead, he wants to wait and get a good deal on some used piece of junk… Classic…
We had to bust it home (but we did stop and buy fresh peaches 😋) but we had an activity down at the church and we were one of the breakout sessions -only because the originals couldn’t make it- We were just the back up plan and we just talked about how we do come follow me in the evenings, but before that I had to meet with brother Hilton where I got the great news that Sunday I would be released as the music coordinator! Hallelujah! Sister Rogers had to die to get out of that calling, so I really saw myself as in it forever, so happy that’s not the case!
Sunday smiles!

Sunday I also taught relief Society on elder Uchtdorf’s talk “Jesus Christ is the strength of parents” I was really nervous about that topic for the people who don’t have kids who I know want them, but because of the comments and participation, I thought it turned out pretty good.

Addi: Don’t worry dad I’ll close the hood of the Goose for ya! (The not so Golden, Golden Goose is giving him problems again. 😏 bummer)

These two love this horse!

The little jeep needs to be tossed…but not before these little engineers rigged themselves up a foot massager! I hate that we never throw things away even when they’re garbage!! …but…I love their creativity!!

And a little run down to the mailbox for an amazon package! They all (cuz mostly Cannon and it trickles down) get pretty excited about new stuff for school!

Today we got to meet teachers! I forgot to get a pic of Seth but he has the same teacher so-oh well!
Sunday I also taught relief Society on elder Uchtdorf’s talk “Jesus Christ is the strength of parents” I was really nervous about that topic for the people who don’t have kids who I know want them, but because of the comments and participation, I thought it turned out pretty good.
These two have 3 older brothers but they’re the ones always doing things I want to snag a picture of! The jeep no longer has a steering wheel-she doesn’t seem to mind.
Let’s see, what else?
Got a few memories in on FamilySearch, some of my Great Grandmas stuff and some of our neighbors too. I like that kind of stuff.
Try’n on Cann’s helmet.
Addi: Don’t worry dad I’ll close the hood of the Goose for ya! (The not so Golden, Golden Goose is giving him problems again. 😏 bummer)
I’ve been able to get over to the cemetery a little bit more in the mornings this week. I always enjoy that. I got some new flowers over there and I just like it when I get to go-it’s kind of my little place.
Wednesday I cooked all day. I had made bread Sunday.(out of necessity.😏) but it turned out pretty good and the kids ate it and it’s just so healthy for them so I thought I’d make some more. Then I made some cookies for the school of business barbecue and then I made a broccoli salad and I “made” rolls (truthfully, I just got those out of the freezer) but it felt like all morning long. I felt like because I take 3 times as many people to that BBQ I should take 3 things🤷♀️ anyway but we had that football mtg and the boys had youth activities after so it was a busy night. Isaac dropped all the food off at the church as a holding spot and we headed to the mtg. Which was way too long and boring but whatever. Isaac and the kids left and Cannon and I stayed and signed that we were there and signed their little contract and whatever. Well, Isaac got to the church and the food was gone! Dang huh? There is a family in our ward that lost a baby and they were doing a meal for them that night after the burial and just collecting stuff at the church. So it was a little crazy but the truth be told I would 1000 times rather have made food for that family than for the school of business!! It was just crazy (made for a good story) and Cann and I ran to the grocery store and grabbed a couple boxes chips and my kids probably ate more of what I brought that they would’ve otherwise —so it was all fine, we’ll call it a win, it was just crazy!
These two love this horse!
The little jeep needs to be tossed…but not before these little engineers rigged themselves up a foot massager! I hate that we never throw things away even when they’re garbage!! …but…I love their creativity!!
And a little run down to the mailbox for an amazon package! They all (cuz mostly Cannon and it trickles down) get pretty excited about new stuff for school!
Today we got to meet teachers! I forgot to get a pic of Seth but he has the same teacher so-oh well!
Tan the man with Mrs. Gray! I almost did a cartwheel when I saw he got her! The Primary school has been good to us but specifically Tanner-he’s had all fantastic (the best) teachers!

All 5 kids converge on Colts class. We’re excited about Mrs Melvin too!


Sis loved the bubbles Seth got from school! (And why not blow bubbles on the mini…we’re the Ison’s)

It got dark on us but we played a little family football in the yard tonight too, while Isaac was on the phone. I hope in a coming day they remember things like that about growing up here—I mean why else would I let Tanner rush me (I did finally teach him to “count alligators” and he was good to not plow me ) while I hold Addi and try to play quarterback? Seth had a couple great runs too while me (Addi in arms) and Cann blocked for him…he just runs in the wrong direction most of the time. 🤣🤣
All 5 kids converge on Colts class. We’re excited about Mrs Melvin too!
Sis loved the bubbles Seth got from school! (And why not blow bubbles on the mini…we’re the Ison’s)
It got dark on us but we played a little family football in the yard tonight too, while Isaac was on the phone. I hope in a coming day they remember things like that about growing up here—I mean why else would I let Tanner rush me (I did finally teach him to “count alligators” and he was good to not plow me ) while I hold Addi and try to play quarterback? Seth had a couple great runs too while me (Addi in arms) and Cann blocked for him…he just runs in the wrong direction most of the time. 🤣🤣
No comments:
Post a Comment