Saturday was a classic Ison disaster!
Isaac Cannon and Colton took off Saturday morning (They were going to be gone before 8:00 for sure… So around 8:30…) They headed to someplace 4 hours and 15 min away south of St. Louis somewhere and to get another kid horse from a horse rescue ranch. Addi wanted to go so bad but they were able to sneak away—thank goodness!
They didn’t get back until 9:30
AND…they came home empty handed!
Do you think he might take it as a sign…no chance!
I’m the one that said prayers Friday night and I prayed they get the right horse… When they came up with none, I figured the heavens are open!
There was one they kind of liked, but it cribbed. (No way—or we’d still have moose) but supposedly the cribbing collar works on him. And it only had one eye. Oh and there was no chance it was loading in our little trailer. The lady has never texted him back since Saturday, but I think he’s still at least interested in it. (I am not) I’m not sure if she is interested in selling it to him. I don’t know it was weird not the horse just the whole horse rescue place and really none of the ones that were kid horses had been ridden…who knows.
Then it was Sunday. Pretty regular, fast Sunday, Tanner looks down at the bread on the sacrament tray (whole wheat ultra healthy vegan whatever) turns up his nose and says “I guess I’ll eat it-cuz I’m super hungry” I know I shouldn’t document that-it’s not the purpose or the point but it was hilarious and …maybe we should volunteer to bring the bread sometimes.
I knew Cannon wasn’t feeling very good when he slept all Sunday afternoon, but he stayed home sick on Monday. Addi was sick Tuesday. Wednesday they were all home because it was an “erratic weather” day… just a little snow but all day long and the wind was whipping so we hunkered down. And Thursday Seth should’ve stayed home, but I decided he was fine and sent him anyways… But he came home and had a big old nap after school, whoops!
And now we’re on to spring break… sweet
Let’s see what stories the pics tell:
Oh I let these guys waste some of their money that was burning a whole in their pockets while the others were in the horse hunt. Wasted…definitely… but they had a ton of fun and when Tanner was having a meltdown I had to remind him that all the fuel they burned driving was also wasted (sheesh)
They did have a lot of fun before they broke…I do think that’s worth something…(even if it was just my sanity)
Addster and I went to the cemetery to see if anything was coming up. Not much. Rizzy’s tulips in front of our house are about 3 inches high—not over there. Add wanted to ride bikes there…we settled on riding once we got there.
Her and Seth (and I) did get out in a little ride after school one day…and had to stop and pet Ray’s turkeys.


Tanner and Colt’s school had a kindness challenge this week, I loved them doing extra, kind, things.

We also got into my collection of Max Lucado children’s books this week, I really enjoyed reading them to the kids and they loved them.
Tanner and Colt’s school had a kindness challenge this week, I loved them doing extra, kind, things.
We also got into my collection of Max Lucado children’s books this week, I really enjoyed reading them to the kids and they loved them.
Lego ships! This one was pretty impressive with all its moving parts.
We made Bro Speaks a birthday cake this week (and us some choc muffins out of it.)
We played (and fought) and jumped around in the jumphouse on that cold windy everyone was home day.
Cute little Addi bring’n dad an apple (she loves that apron because of the pocket)
Decent weather…well almost—time to get work’n on dad’s building!

Of course they’re playing on this—I’m sure they could sense me wanting to get rid of it!

And I wish this wasn’t such a common scene (sigh)

Oh and today was the Read-a-thon at the elementary but because Colt is a mentor he got to pick a couple stories and read to a 3rd grade class—Tanners was one of the classes. Tonight they told us Tan’s class tagged him with a new nickname “Taller Tanner” I think it’s kinda cute but…poor Colt he’s in Cannon’s shadow at school and then instead of Tanner being in his it’s the other way around. Oh well—I don’t think he’s a kid that it will really bother. Thankfully.
Of course they’re playing on this—I’m sure they could sense me wanting to get rid of it!
And I wish this wasn’t such a common scene (sigh)
Oh and today was the Read-a-thon at the elementary but because Colt is a mentor he got to pick a couple stories and read to a 3rd grade class—Tanners was one of the classes. Tonight they told us Tan’s class tagged him with a new nickname “Taller Tanner” I think it’s kinda cute but…poor Colt he’s in Cannon’s shadow at school and then instead of Tanner being in his it’s the other way around. Oh well—I don’t think he’s a kid that it will really bother. Thankfully.
No comments:
Post a Comment