Man this first week back slammed us! We were well into that summer mode and perfectly content.
Poor Colt has to go back to school ever for his birthday. Bummer.
Hmm.
Oh well.
Saturday Cannon got home from his YM’s bike ride. Itinerary said 1:00…it was at least 5. Oh and I don’t think I wrote about it but they ended up having to borrow our truck but we got our truck and our kid back—that’s a win!
Coach Nesbitt does a moms practice…but for me it was kind of…more of a tease, I don’t know why I thought because Cannon’s a wide receiver I’d get to catch a football or something…it was more like a wussy toss. It was just kinof boring and it took forever and it was sticky hot and gross and at the end they were just taking lots of pictures but I just wanted to leave because my kid wasn’t even there but every time someone walked away they wee like “oh who is that…tell her we’re going to take one more picture with the boys” bla bla bla
And the old picnic table finally died. We have a plastic one we brought home from my parents and we talked about using the old one for a pattern and building a new one…but I think we’ll probably just buy one. We scavenged all the hardware though…
Sunday Isaac and Colt spoke in Hannibal. We…remembered bread 😉 and the only excitement was we got home at 11:30 and had to go back 12:15 for a seminary meeting. Cannon and I needed to go and Isaac had Colt so I didn’t feel like I could leave the younger kids. It was a hot day so we decided to have a bowl of ice cream and call it lunch before we headed back. Delicious. But so dumb! I took sugared up kids back and wanted them to not be wild 🤦🏻♀️ whoops
Monday we met teachers!
And Tuesday it school started! 5 kids in 5 different schools!
My friend helped with lunch the first day and snagged this :)
And Mrs Snyder sent this…I think Seth and I both going to love her!
And I printed those first day of school pics because the pics currently on my wall are a year and a half old 👎🏻 Tanner had a cute smile but light on his face—so we did a redo and I just kinda wanted him in orange. None of the words show on their shirts in prints because they’re cropped to square but.. the rest of the kids were in colors they like…well except Addi-she would have chosen Red if she could!
Wednesday was Colts big (lame) day. I had one little surprise (he did like it) we ordered him a game he picked out. I don’t know, he’s pretty easy going but I didn’t want his birthday to be lame so Wednesday we went on a little shopping trip but he’s just too cheap (hmm wonder where he gets that) but he didn’t think anything was worth buying just to buy
Speaking of where he gets that. I listened to this great podcast this week that Isaac’s mom had sent. But when they were talking about light cleavers into light, intelligence cleavers unto intelligence that kind of stuff I thought him I think this might be true in other ways too. Like I know a couple where stubbornness definitely cleavers unto stubbornness…or in mine and Isaac’s case (ok we’re partly the stubborn one too) but I thought hey cheapskate cleaveth unto cheapskate. ✅✅ that’s us. But in other ways opposites totally attract so who knows.
Anyway back to Colt, he wanted to go to the lake for his birthday. We were crunched for time because Isaac had us stake meeting but we made it and it was fun!
I did not skip out on pictures of our little lake dawg on his birthday!
He might have had the most fun, but I think we all had fun!
Cann missed out because he had football.
This morning I got home from taking the boys to school and saw this. Ultimately I switched her out and Isaac and I did get another truss up today just the two of us (Add was playing inside)


Cannon didn’t have football so it seemed like a great day to head back to the lake even though we just went yesterday! But Cannon didn’t want to and Tan opted to stay home too, but the rest went and had a great time. I purposely didn’t take any pictures-just tried to enjoy the trip (except I feel like it’s been a while since I wiped out that hard skiing. Ug) But the water was perfect the weather was good, we weren’t in any kind of hurry it was great! Then at the end Seth wanted to “lay board” but Isaac kinda made him go by himself. It was awesome! He did great (and my arms weren’t dying, hooray) but he wanted a movie—so of course I went for it-and hid a pic too. Should’ve known I couldn’t hold off 😉 If he’ll do this a little more often maybe we can leave the tube home a little more often too. 👍🏻 it’s just big and kind of a pain.
High 5’n the siblings on the back of the boat.
Anyway that’s about it, anyone reading this can count your blessings that it’s too late and I’m too tired to rant about Stupid parent pick up and the wasted 80 minute of my life it is. I’m beyond frustrated with how ridiculous it is but…it’s a major rant, and I’m too tired…there’s a chance I’ll still be ranting about it next week.
Video still pending…
Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment