Friday, October 24, 2025

A building that looks like a building!

I took the boys to soccer Saturday morning and Isaac went to pick up Floyd and Martin. We are very grateful they were willing to work on Saturday for us!


Above was the scene when we got back and below, the last pic (of the building) I got before I got in on the fun. Floyd's son Floyd Jr came and worked too and we end up with quite a system where Isaac and I handed the metal up to Martin in the bucket and he helped guide it up to the Floyd's--those guys are awesome and we have a roof!

Cann helped too...he ran the skid steer but don't let him fool you--I have evidence of what he did all day. But we had good little helpers! 



Helpers AND players...
And we got done in time to get those guys home a little bit early...but not before Isaac got Jr. in on a little equipment rodeo fun. They were doing the pick up an egg with a plastic spoon and try to put it back in (not the carton we used a tape roll this time) But they both were able to pick it up but only Isaac got it in the center of the tape roll. Maybe  a little unfair since its Isaac's machine.

This little brotherly help pic was too cute to leave off. Thanks Tan 

I don't remember anything significant about Sunday...there were no pics on my phone. 
So on to Monday, the kids didn't have school so we went up to Iowa and hit our favorite Mennonite store. I don't know if it was fun or not, it was supposed to be but five kids in store is a recipe for disaster no matter what. I should've known better. 
All we had to do was get home in time to get Cann too football, (my nerves were shot way before that) but I have proof Cannon got to play...On defense??? Whatever. He played some offense too. They won 38-0 or something so I definitely thought he could have played a little more. He got int he car pumped and excited about next year...and I just thought UG. Nice of our #87 to turn and face the camera.😉


Seth's soccer game got moved to Monday (for the Parade) but the other boys didn't anyway both parades (Kirksville Homecoming and Truman Homecoming) Isaac has hired Floyd and Martin to come help us so Seth was pretty disappointed and I was pretty grateful! Sorry buddy. 

It was Parent Teacher Conferences so we survived those. (Two teachers said "Oh S***" in front of me this week. Now...I'm not saying I've never said it...but as a teacher--to a parent. I am saying I never did that! One was kind of funny only because I'm an old mom, but she accidentally called a kids dad her grampa--she was just embarassed and I was the next car. And she apologized (and actually I really love that teacher) but the second one was Cannon's math teacher. He told me at the conference he's going to push them until they say that...I wasn't impressed. 
Now that we have a roof on the building the next step is dirt work on the floor so he had to get the Goose running...which has been an ordeal (Always) but he drove it home this evening so I guess he finally won. And hey...a free hat (or two) from Harbor Freight was a win.  



Today (no school again) but the family evening fun: We did kid interviews today and they all mentioned liking it when we do things outside together as a family. So we played a little soccer, and hide and seek. 




I don't know what else...maybe that's it. I listened to David Holland on the Follow Him podcast this week and he admitted that he doesn't keep a journal very well. Then he said something like "Part of that is probably because as a historian I know what people do with them when you're gone." Ha...I thought it was funny but I don't know, I guess I just make our little family journal (so diligently) because I like having a record of what we've been up to...and I like that the record is from my point of view...selfish? Maybe! But I can't help but see things through my own lens. 
Since my app quit working I've been having to upload pics to google photo to even be able to blog so just today the kids were looking over my shoulder and we were cleaning things off trying to free up space and such but there was such a random mix of pictures and floods of memories. Don't blink these kids are growing up fast. I love'm and I love being their mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment