I feel like that week went fast…but I don’t think we really did anything…
This is silly but…this is why I love new toys—everyone gets in on it!
I really can’t remember much…and that’s the only picture I took.
Sunday Isaac had some help driving home.
I don’t know how much of Sunday these guys were out of water for, but they were waiting for me Monday morning!
He bought that float valve and I thought it worked great I’m not sure why we’re not still using it??? I’m not in on decisions regarding animals -I just end up being the one that feeds them and waters them😏…🤯
And Cannon started tennis!
Which I think he’s really going to enjoy, but we’ve had my friend’s top spin trainer for four months. He got it out Monday. We both like athletics, but we’re very different as athletes! And that’s OK! My goals for him have more to do with having a testimony of Jesus Christ, being a worthy priesthood holder, and just being a good young man more than anything athletic. But I do think he could be pretty good at tennis if he’ll try! I love that it’s non-contact (so no excuse to pound on his brothers) and that’s it’s individual—no standing around watching/cheering he has to be the one to get it done-or not. The coach is super laid back-which is a nice change. Safe to say I’m a lot different in what I like as a parent than I what I liked as a coach.
Anyway
Wednesday night we went to the homeschool play. They did a good job. They put a ton of work into it. I felt like it was a good opportunity for some kids that are really shy to have to get out of their comfort zones a little bit. But overall, I really struggled with it. I don’t like homeschool, I feel like it’s pushed on us from the church side of things here, I don’t think it should be called “Kirksville 1st and 2nd Ward homeschool group” and I don’t like that it replaced the youth activities (Unless they’re gonna do that for the kids that were in the high school play too— There were 3 of them when I went last fall) ultimately I let our kids choose whether the wanted to go or not.. And they all chose to go! What?! They are better people than me, but we knew that. And it was good to support the primary kids that I do singing time with. Anyway—enough of my rant, and besides now if someday I end up doing homeschool I’ll have to eat crow.
What else?
Me’n Addi might not be Isaac’s best helpers…but we’re the most willing!
Can you tell how high I had to be to take this picture?!?!
He’s trying to get ready for the garage door because Menards is sick of storing it for him. And he decided he’s sick of that man lift so he sold it today. And he’ll buy another one that is all-terrain which is what we probably should’ve went with in the first place, but he thought he could make this one work and he did. It’s just been kind of a pain in the rear.
Tanners music and art program was this week. His friends talked him into wearing his suit-that wasn’t me. But he got lots of compliments.
What was really going on during the program:
And today my little Seth-a-roo has been under the weather 😞
Poor guy, but that meant Addi had a buddy to play with. 👍🏻
I don’t know what else. We had the missionaries over tonight and one is super brand new (3 days in and she got a dose of the Ison’s) but we like her and we love the one that stayed so yay for good missionaries!
I’m ready to be done with the youth t-shirt project I got myself into but…instead I got one single shirt done😏
And I’ve been listening to the Big12 Women’s basketball tournament—we talked about going down to it and watching my parents neighbor play, but we never pulled the trigger, it was just going to be a pain, although Cannon and Isaac will probably catch at least one game at the men’s tournament next week. We’ll see.
Hopefully we all find something fun to do for spring break, if not can we count Puerto Rico? 😉 just kidding, but Addi does tell me every day she wants to go back.
Addi and I were messing around on family search compare a face—Seth is still proof I actually have genes.













No comments:
Post a Comment