Isaac's been looking forward the first Saturday of the month since the Stout's told him about the fun Home Depot projects, then with the move we missed August but I think he's set now. He called Blake so Ayla got in on the fun too. They plan to collect the project pins and all. Cannon made a goal post and Ayla made a little jewelry box. Too cute-Home Depot is awesome! I'm glad Blake had his phone and snapped some pics.
Somehow I thought Ole Miss was just right up the road-right up the road 2.5 hours. WAY closer to Memphis (where my cousin lives but she is home in Utah) than here. On top of that LSU is pretty much equidistant from here (just thought I'd throw in the geometry term for old times sake) but LSU is ranked #1 so I guess it was better that we went Ole Miss for our first SEC football experience, I mean $4 tickets is tough to beat. I also tried Chick-fil-a for the first time (that I can remember) on that little trip. SOLD. I know its all the conservative rage right now but I'm in. So clean, so nice, so friendly, fresh flowers on every table, mouthwash, extra diapers just in case in the restroom. It was great. All the workers had their Ole Miss Chick-fil-a game days shirts, I loved it.
Sunday...oh Sundays are SO HARD for me, they break my heart, I just want to be home. It used to be my favorite day. Church, we loved the Ivins 2nd ward, then naps, and visiting my family filled up the day! So here's a little proof that we did live in heaven!
For a Labor day project my boys put up a hammock~and cleaned off the little balcony but I still did some cropping :) I had given it to Isaac the Christmas before we got married, it made it's debut this much later...just one of the random things that made the trip, but it was fun.
Tuesday I got my Mississippi Drivers license-an all day project. Oh brother. Wednesday we fed the missionaries, definitely one of my favorite things out here. Love having them. Love their thoughts and their prayers its a good thing (and I make it an all day project but hallelujah for the pressure to make the apt somewhat presentable-they don't care but I do) This week I randomly thought of kids that I taught in school (some in 8th grade) that I know are out on missions. It was just cool. Thursday we took the guys lunch at school and got to meet a lot of their professors. It was fun.
Next post from home :)
Oh and poor little Bubba's been so sick this week. Hoping/praying he's on the mend now!





WE too loved feeding the missionaries when we were out of utah! Glad you are finding some Joy! haha. Also fun that you got to go to Ole' Miss. We went last year when they played BYU and it was quite a time. We thought the hospitality and kindness of everyone was amazing! So fun that you get a trip back to Utah. Enjoy it!
ReplyDelete