I don't think I'm supposed to be able to remember much from the week until Wed right? We stayed busy though- Cannon got his new dozer from Grama that he saved his dollars from pooping in the potty for- it was ultra fun and exciting! Monday it was back to the Dr. and we decided to go for it on Wed. Oh the other thing that happened is we were FaceTime'n Grampa Chip and I got a glimpse of my hair from the top. Ahhhhhhhh-all of the sudden getting my hair fixed became a pretty high priority! I l liked the blonde streaks but the leopard spots had to go!! Luckily a guy in our ward and his mom have a Salon and they were able get me in on Tues. I'm WAY blonde now but it was the only way to fix it, it's nice-until the regrowth shows up, and I don't feel like its me when I look in the mirror. Oh well. We'll fix it as we go :)
Just last week I was saying how I'm not a detail person when it comes to pregnancy labor delivery etc... And now I write out this part- I'm a liar!!!- cuz here come the details but I had ended up without real journal paper so I had to type little hints in my phone and then try to piece it back together so this is pretty much the only journal I have of Colton's birth:
Wednesday we had to be at the hospital at 5am, the Dr. came at 8 he broke my water to get things going. It was an induction/but really I was far enough along by time he got there that they didn't have to classify it as that, and really hallelujah he came when he did (2 weeks early) he was big enough!! He peed all over me and the Dr when he came out or he might have been those 2 more ounces and a full 9 lbs. anyway back to the story, they started pitocin to regulate my labor and get a good pattern and shortly thereafter I was telling them to bring on the epidural. Once that was in they cranked up the pitocin but Colt Buddy didn't like it and his heart rate dipped so they turned it off but I kept my good labor pattern and made it the whole rest of the way without it. I was happy about that, I just think that stuff is rough on us. Anyway He arrived at 1:33pm
Things went a million times smoother --and quicker--than with Cannon! The Dr. asked how it had gone with Cannon, and I told him it took forever so he went back to the lounge to get comfortable and it was like not even ten min and we were ready for him to be back! I was proud of my body-is that weird? But it had done the hardest thing- and I felt like it was so efficient this time. He still had to do an episiotomy but no big deal. So there's those details.

Now here I go with the aftermath/worst few hours of my life: when the dust settled and I tried to get up. Lets call it my first "at bat" a ...fly out at best. I had most of the feeling back in my legs but was still just numb enough to not know I was killing myself. Disaster, I made it to the restroom, but not back-passed out (luckily Dad and Cannon had gone to see our new brother in the nursery-I passed out after Cann was born too and Isaac was more scared than mad but I definitely got in big trouble by him for not being more careful) back to this go around...2 hours later and some drugs on board I was great! So while my mom went to tell them we were golden as far as moving rooms I started to text people the good news. I set my phone down but then sat up to look at a response strike one! I was hurt and I knew it but now they were coming to move rooms so sitting up to get in the wheel chair needed to happen and I didn't want to back out, plus I hadn't connected all the sit up disaster dots at that point, so I sat up and got in the wheel chair. Strike 2, but they just wheeled me to the recovery room cuz I didn't say anything. I didn't really like the nurse in the new room (the L&D one was awesome!!!!! But prego and due only one day after me-poor girl) anyway, what happened was I wanted some ibuprofen and basically the new nurse told me to go jump in a lake- I had gotten meds but nothing for cramps- punk nurse! Apparently they ONLY give that medicine at 2:00 so if you have a baby at 1:33 then have to get sewn up and all that crud your just toast. So stupid. And really she ended up looking and seeing that I hadn't had any and bringing some but she made a big stink about how I couldn't have more until the next morning anyway it was dumb and all over an anti-inflammatory for cramps. But that was the trouble because that's what I had wanted medicine for --cramping-then they switched nurses and that's what got relayed. So then my strike 3 was me trying to get up to go to the restroom again I didn't even get sat up, it was a huge strikeout! I felt like all of my organs, parts, whatever down in that sit up zone had been folded like an accordion then smashed in a vice grip! And the new nurse thought I just had cramps. Nooooo, Not just cramps-cramps were nothing! Anyway the slowly tightening vice grip HELL (sorry but it was) went on for almost 2 hours. I sweat, and cried, and thrashed around, and bit the sheets, and wiped cold wet rags on my head and anything else we could think of but it did not get better. (So much for being "proud" of my body right?) Cannon was there and so tough while mom was "sick" I tried to have him distract me as much as I could, and Colton just slept like a champ, while my mom worried and tried to help. I'd sent Isaac to his church mtg earlier assuring him I was fine. I had been, once upon a time. One of the nurse assistants (whom Cannon asked if she was an angel when she came in-so cute) told me the next day she had never seen anyone hurt like that and that she had thought something was "really wrong" she was way too old and nice to straight up be calling me a wuss- but I thought about that statement after, but I'll get back to that. Basically they couldn't get ahold of the Dr. so their hands were tied, I ended up texting Isaac and he and our Bishop left the meeting (with a member of the seventy...I tried so hard to let him stay) and came and gave me a blessing. I'm so thankful, but might I add- the above described state is not how I wanted to be seen by the bishop-or anyone- but he was so nice, nice to come, offered to take Cannon, assured me it was fine they left the meeting etc. So nice! My pain did not go away immediately but I was able to stop thrashing/crying which was huge. And shortly after they got approval from the on call Dr. to give me some shot then my Dr. actually ended up calling and getting me a series of more shots and explaining what it could have been and that it was likely related to how big Colton was and how fast he came (none of which seemed like a big enough deal for how much pain I had but...he knows more than I do and point is he was taking care of me) anyway I later reflected on the "really wrong" comment, I know something was Really Wrong, but I also know there was healing power in that priesthood blessing and I am so thankful to Isaac for being a worthy priesthood holder and that he makes it a priority in his life. We don't see eye to eye on everything! When I ask him to stay close to Cannon in the hospital and he says "I am" but Cannon is 30 yards away gleefully running and screaming down the hall-I want to ring his neck!!!!! But on other things he's the best, he had a long drive so I took a few minutes but he was and is Jonny on the Spot when I needed a blessing, I married a good guy!! And it was easily the worst two hours of my life but its pretty cool how even that strengthened my testimony of the priesthood. Oh and same cute old nurse helper lady that Cann asked if was an angel later wondered if Isaac was a mormon missionary because of how he was dressed and "there was just something about him" it was a cute compliment but funny to me that she knew that mormon missionaries weren't supposed to date but didn't conclude that would mean they also weren't supposed to have children haha I just thought it was funny. Anyway, that little episode put the kibosh on getting out of the hospital after one night but it also made two nights more understandable. So rough on Cann though. Colton and I stayed Thurs night by ourselves and did good, he's a cutie and I love him more and more every time I hold or look at him! I love the special bond I get to have with my boys! I have been worried sick about Cannon for weeks as I have never spent a night away from him, he did SO GOOD THOUGH all day Wednesday and for about half of Thurs but then he'd had it and wanted things back to normal. He wanted us ALL to go home. He made himself sick-broke my heart! He even told Grama he wanted a broken arm so he could go to the Hospital, and wrapped his arm in his silky like a cast. But did so much better today when Grama assured him they were going to get me today and things were going to be normal.
I was really impressed with the hospital and the staff (maybe punk nurse was having a bad day because she totally didn't fit in there, EVERYONE else was WONDERFUL!!) Hospital food...bad enough! but southern hospital food-even worse. Yay for being home and little delicacies like salt...you'd have thought I was a heart patient.
Wednesday we had to be at the hospital at 5am, the Dr. came at 8 he broke my water to get things going. It was an induction/but really I was far enough along by time he got there that they didn't have to classify it as that, and really hallelujah he came when he did (2 weeks early) he was big enough!! He peed all over me and the Dr when he came out or he might have been those 2 more ounces and a full 9 lbs. anyway back to the story, they started pitocin to regulate my labor and get a good pattern and shortly thereafter I was telling them to bring on the epidural. Once that was in they cranked up the pitocin but Colt Buddy didn't like it and his heart rate dipped so they turned it off but I kept my good labor pattern and made it the whole rest of the way without it. I was happy about that, I just think that stuff is rough on us. Anyway He arrived at 1:33pm
Things went a million times smoother --and quicker--than with Cannon! The Dr. asked how it had gone with Cannon, and I told him it took forever so he went back to the lounge to get comfortable and it was like not even ten min and we were ready for him to be back! I was proud of my body-is that weird? But it had done the hardest thing- and I felt like it was so efficient this time. He still had to do an episiotomy but no big deal. So there's those details.

Now here I go with the aftermath/worst few hours of my life: when the dust settled and I tried to get up. Lets call it my first "at bat" a ...fly out at best. I had most of the feeling back in my legs but was still just numb enough to not know I was killing myself. Disaster, I made it to the restroom, but not back-passed out (luckily Dad and Cannon had gone to see our new brother in the nursery-I passed out after Cann was born too and Isaac was more scared than mad but I definitely got in big trouble by him for not being more careful) back to this go around...2 hours later and some drugs on board I was great! So while my mom went to tell them we were golden as far as moving rooms I started to text people the good news. I set my phone down but then sat up to look at a response strike one! I was hurt and I knew it but now they were coming to move rooms so sitting up to get in the wheel chair needed to happen and I didn't want to back out, plus I hadn't connected all the sit up disaster dots at that point, so I sat up and got in the wheel chair. Strike 2, but they just wheeled me to the recovery room cuz I didn't say anything. I didn't really like the nurse in the new room (the L&D one was awesome!!!!! But prego and due only one day after me-poor girl) anyway, what happened was I wanted some ibuprofen and basically the new nurse told me to go jump in a lake- I had gotten meds but nothing for cramps- punk nurse! Apparently they ONLY give that medicine at 2:00 so if you have a baby at 1:33 then have to get sewn up and all that crud your just toast. So stupid. And really she ended up looking and seeing that I hadn't had any and bringing some but she made a big stink about how I couldn't have more until the next morning anyway it was dumb and all over an anti-inflammatory for cramps. But that was the trouble because that's what I had wanted medicine for --cramping-then they switched nurses and that's what got relayed. So then my strike 3 was me trying to get up to go to the restroom again I didn't even get sat up, it was a huge strikeout! I felt like all of my organs, parts, whatever down in that sit up zone had been folded like an accordion then smashed in a vice grip! And the new nurse thought I just had cramps. Nooooo, Not just cramps-cramps were nothing! Anyway the slowly tightening vice grip HELL (sorry but it was) went on for almost 2 hours. I sweat, and cried, and thrashed around, and bit the sheets, and wiped cold wet rags on my head and anything else we could think of but it did not get better. (So much for being "proud" of my body right?) Cannon was there and so tough while mom was "sick" I tried to have him distract me as much as I could, and Colton just slept like a champ, while my mom worried and tried to help. I'd sent Isaac to his church mtg earlier assuring him I was fine. I had been, once upon a time. One of the nurse assistants (whom Cannon asked if she was an angel when she came in-so cute) told me the next day she had never seen anyone hurt like that and that she had thought something was "really wrong" she was way too old and nice to straight up be calling me a wuss- but I thought about that statement after, but I'll get back to that. Basically they couldn't get ahold of the Dr. so their hands were tied, I ended up texting Isaac and he and our Bishop left the meeting (with a member of the seventy...I tried so hard to let him stay) and came and gave me a blessing. I'm so thankful, but might I add- the above described state is not how I wanted to be seen by the bishop-or anyone- but he was so nice, nice to come, offered to take Cannon, assured me it was fine they left the meeting etc. So nice! My pain did not go away immediately but I was able to stop thrashing/crying which was huge. And shortly after they got approval from the on call Dr. to give me some shot then my Dr. actually ended up calling and getting me a series of more shots and explaining what it could have been and that it was likely related to how big Colton was and how fast he came (none of which seemed like a big enough deal for how much pain I had but...he knows more than I do and point is he was taking care of me) anyway I later reflected on the "really wrong" comment, I know something was Really Wrong, but I also know there was healing power in that priesthood blessing and I am so thankful to Isaac for being a worthy priesthood holder and that he makes it a priority in his life. We don't see eye to eye on everything! When I ask him to stay close to Cannon in the hospital and he says "I am" but Cannon is 30 yards away gleefully running and screaming down the hall-I want to ring his neck!!!!! But on other things he's the best, he had a long drive so I took a few minutes but he was and is Jonny on the Spot when I needed a blessing, I married a good guy!! And it was easily the worst two hours of my life but its pretty cool how even that strengthened my testimony of the priesthood. Oh and same cute old nurse helper lady that Cann asked if was an angel later wondered if Isaac was a mormon missionary because of how he was dressed and "there was just something about him" it was a cute compliment but funny to me that she knew that mormon missionaries weren't supposed to date but didn't conclude that would mean they also weren't supposed to have children haha I just thought it was funny. Anyway, that little episode put the kibosh on getting out of the hospital after one night but it also made two nights more understandable. So rough on Cann though. Colton and I stayed Thurs night by ourselves and did good, he's a cutie and I love him more and more every time I hold or look at him! I love the special bond I get to have with my boys! I have been worried sick about Cannon for weeks as I have never spent a night away from him, he did SO GOOD THOUGH all day Wednesday and for about half of Thurs but then he'd had it and wanted things back to normal. He wanted us ALL to go home. He made himself sick-broke my heart! He even told Grama he wanted a broken arm so he could go to the Hospital, and wrapped his arm in his silky like a cast. But did so much better today when Grama assured him they were going to get me today and things were going to be normal.
I was really impressed with the hospital and the staff (maybe punk nurse was having a bad day because she totally didn't fit in there, EVERYONE else was WONDERFUL!!) Hospital food...bad enough! but southern hospital food-even worse. Yay for being home and little delicacies like salt...you'd have thought I was a heart patient.
And now it's Friday and we're HOME, welcome Colton, we love you and are SO HAPPY you came to our little family!
Grama and Cannon planted me some flowers and Baby Colton brought Cannon some presents that he's had fun with, he is always wanting to be by "My Brudder" or knowing what he's doing.
Grama and Cannon planted me some flowers and Baby Colton brought Cannon some presents that he's had fun with, he is always wanting to be by "My Brudder" or knowing what he's doing.
He got a couple other things but you can see the catcher mask was the favorite.
But I've got to wrap up. Cann was in the sand when I started this project-and he's not now so Isaacs got his hands full. And I shouldn't have typed that sentence because Colton just got hit. Dangit. 



Congrats on Colton. He is a handsome little guy and good for you for hanging in there through all the craziness that went on! The things we do for children- def. worth it all though!
ReplyDelete