MERRY CHRISTMAS
So Grama had a little Elf on a shelf that helped report to Santa Claus on Cannon's behavior, Cannon named him "Furry" (because one of his story books the girl gets to name her pet and she names it Furry but anyway) so Cannon would be mischievous and I would say "Furry is watching." or "Do I need to have Furry tell Santa about that?" To which Cannon would reply "I want presents!" Every time. It was pretty hilarious. My older brother is Mr. Tradition and he loves Christmas. I tease him about it relentlessly (because I've teased him relentlessly since I was 6 months old but that's a story for another post) anyway, truth is, I get just as excited about it as he does. I love it.
After being up pretty late Christmas Eve Cann slept in pretty good Christmas morning (longer than any day we've been here so far) When he got up I took him to the bathroom and asked if he thought Santa had come. He said "...No I don't think so." Good thing he was wrong. :) So Cannon had asked for a backhoe with stablizers that go up and down and a down and a dump truck for Colt (as well as a dozer for his dad and a ladybug for me...ladybug??? anyway) He found Colt's dumb truck first, I kind of had to show him his sock and backhoe.
But when he found them he was a pretty happy camper! Actually besides filling requests Santa also brought Colton a little backhoe with stabilizers that move and Cannon a little dump truck. Santa is so awesome, either he loves my boys an extra lot or maybe his little elfs ordered a backhoe and when it came it was definitely little brother sized so then he had to get a big boy one for Cannon. Either way, we love Santa and all his magic.
The tracks on dad's new dozer run. So Cannon let them massage his teeth??? I can't explain a lot of what he does. I loved this picture with Grampa laughing in the background.
Cannon helped Colton go through his stocking. And then below he's showing us the cool Samuel the Lamanite figuring that Santa put in his sock. He got Abinadi too, it was so cute he saw it and exclaimed "Its Abinadi!, Where's King Noah?" I guess Silly Santa only brought the good guys. He didn't recognize Samuel as well, but I'm sure if there had been some arrows he would have.
Then Cannon found an AWESOME surprise. A package Santa had left all wrapped up by his backhoe. A big excavator!
He gasped and said "I've never seen a huge excavator before!" Because all his other toy ones are small. Anyway when he got all the paper off and had his dad to work getting it out of the package he turned and said "THANKS...Mom?" I said "Great manners but we'll probably have to write Santa another letter and tell him thanks huh?" It was so cute of him though, I was proud of him for remembering his manners!Testing it out!
Colt did like the paper and would shake it and make noise.
Cannon also got to help Poppa Great open his Christmas, and of course a little Christmas Mini time!
Cannon's getting pretty good at running it, and mom even got a little lesson and practice too!~
Grama and Grampa got shirts (for the little grandkids) that say "I love my Papa" and "I love my Grandma" We wanted them to smile and remember how much we love them anytime they see us wearing them but the toddlers (any of them) couldn't really be bothered with my trying to take a picture in their cute shirts. Oh well. I tried to get a Christmas day pic of both of them.
Colt was up for it, what a cutie huh?!
Anyway, we had a great Christmas. I know this post was mostly about the material stuff that doesn't really matter, but its fun memories. We truly did enjoy the love of the season and remembering our Savior, all of season long, and hope you did too! We loved being with family and got to talk to Grandma and Grandpa Ison on the phone. It was a good day!









No comments:
Post a Comment