Friday, January 3, 2014

Saturday was the big Ison family reunion in honor of Isaac's grandparents 100th birthdays. It was fun. Uncle Coy and his family went to a ton of work. They had had 1913 and 1914 penny's for all of the great grandkids and these cute little framed ones for the families.
The ISON comet burned up, but Aunt Purmela had made a quilt of it that was cool. I learned some fun things, like Aunt Loxie was actually named after a town in Mississippi (Biloxi) and enjoyed the stories. Isaac's great (or great great) Grandpa and his brother lived in Kentucky and were the best shooters in town so they were sent to "take care" of the Mormon missionaries, but they both converted instead. Just cool fun stories. It was a no nap day for Cannon...those are disastrous but oh well. Thankfully there was a park close, being outdoors didn't cure all of the whining but it definitely helps with that little guy. And I just didn't get a good picture of Aunt Loxie's dyed green hair. She started it, then the grandkids got in on it to.
Documentation was necessary right? And it shows Grandpa Ison in the background on the T.V. he got in on the reunion via skype. 
Saturday Laur and Shad also came so Colton got to meet Aunt Laur :) It was good to see them I'm so glad they got to sneak down while we were here! (so I cut Laur's head off whoops...we were at Grama Frei's-that was her signature)
Sunday...Cannon picked the ward and I learned the lessons... but I'm not going to elaborate, I'll just leave it at that it was good for me.  We wanted to hit up an early church (sacrament meeting first) and then get Cann an early and ESSENTIAL nap, then meet Isaac's brothers back over at the red rocks. Cannon picked to go to the building where we met :) We even caught part of Sunday School in the very room where we met, it was the family relations class, or marriage and family or something fitting. Anyway, I remember I learned something profound I was going to document on the blog (I haven't written in my reg journal once since we've been here...whoops) but I've forgot whatever it was so...once again, WHOOPS.
The red rocks were packed! But we had fun! Cann followed the cousins right into the crack--but then totally bailed.

The DIXIE rock is quickly becoming one of Cannon's favorite places! Monday Ann and Elsie came and the kids tried out Grama's new sandbox that Santa left. What a mess! (and I think the dogs really enjoyed the Cheetos)

Dad and Colt were just playing then when Cann got up from his nap he joined them but I thought it was so cute how they were holding hands (I'm out of control, I document everything.)

Don't mind the fact that when I got on the horse with the boys Cannon was squished to smithereens and falling off the far side. Oh well-he did it to Colt too.
Tuesday (New Years Eve) my mom tended and we went to the temple, that was fun to go to the very last session of the year in the St. George Temple. It was fun to go there and get to see what was new too. We noticed new pictures and new carpet. Thankfully its a very familiar place to us but its been awhile since we've been...like a year! Ky and Kami came that night and we all watched a movie, it was a good show. We all had fun and called it a night around 11 :)
Wed on New Years Nate and Mel and the kids came down and we went on a little New Years adventure Rhino ride. We hadn't been in that thing a minute and a half before we got pulled over. Nate said "Its not really and outing with Isaac unless the police are involved." YIKES. Have I ever mentioned how scared of trouble I am? Well, we're opposites that's for sure. And truthfully the officer was a deputy in the sheriff's office, I think his name was Larsen but he was really really nice and I wanted to make sure and put that in because it is Oh SO rare that I find myself saying or thinking that about law enforcement these days. (His buddy with him, I wouldn't say that about, that guy fit the stereotypes.)  But anyway the Rhino is street legal but, not on that road, none of them are. Anyway we loaded back up and went a different way where we could be on the dirt roads and found a little patch of sand and mostly just had fun being with Nate, Mel, Ethan, and Kate. As we were driving Kate said "I'm never telling my friends what I did on [New Years!]" It was hilarious. I told Ethan that's what she said and his reply was "I'm telling ALL my friends." Funny kids.

Cannon was hating the loud noises. He is especially intolerant when he's tired. We've laughed and laughed about the day at the feed yard when he was upset and whining because the cows were too loud. 
Earlier in the week this week I realized something (about me) and I thought if I made an adjustment our marriage would benefit from it. I told Isaac and that was disastrous! I thought it was such a good idea and good thing to share. I thought wrong. So later in the week when I had what I would consider a similar bright idea, I kept my mouth shut. I think that's a better tactic for us. If I think something, just try it, this time I liked the result, (and that no disaster accompanied it.)  In fact it might be my New Years resolution. I've got to try and remember that! This paragraph is a little out in left field but if I ever write in my real journal I can then come back and delete it from here :)
Anyway on to the big 4 year anniversary. We had a great day. We took the boys over to the temple, the Nativity was still up, Colt was a champ and it was just really fun telling Cannon how 4 years ago we went in there and got married. He kept saying "I wanna go in! I wanna go in the temple!" It was pretty cute. Look closely you'll notice Cannon is NOT on the correct side of the rope here. We didn't stay long he was struggling with minding and really wanted to touch/mess with/ride the animals.

We had plans of a simple date that night but ended up watching a (really good) football game. Typical right? And I'm the bad one, but really both of us were into this one :) -We did make it out for a frozen yogurt afterward. So it WAS a simple date.- It was a good fun day though.
And now its Friday again. We caught a girls basketball game tonight, I loved getting to visit with so many good friends down at DHHS (oh and my girls put a butt kick'n on Juan Diego-so that was fun too) The days are flying by! But we're having fun. I'm just try to enjoy the time we're here.

No comments:

Post a Comment