




We enjoyed such good visits with such good friends this week. It made me really miss having good friends close. OK-who's fault is that right? But it was just so easy when we got here the Nielson's were here, and Janene headed up the play group and Laura and Henry just "matched" our family and we were instant fast friends... the move here was hard enough, I'm thankful the friend part was easy then. But now they've all moved, I need to get on it, too bad that might require leaving the apt. Anyway. On with the week. (You've read that before at this point and I still haven't got on with it.) Saturday Grama took the cousins to the movie Frozen, it held Cannon's attention for about 3/4 quarters of the way. Then he was a terrorist. (sigh) Sunday we went to church with Grama and Grampa and even got to see our good friend brother (president now) Ence from our days in the singles ward. And Colt pooped ALL over Grama during relief society. Not exactly blog worthy but Cannon used to do it to Paula EVERY time we went to church in Huntington. And Grama in her exasperation was certain it was the biggest mess she'd ever had to deal with, Kids, or grandkinds. Oh and mother of the year here had him in an impossible to get off because its kind of too small white shirt/onsie thing and no spare outfit in the diaper bag. Its a memory good for a laugh, my mom bringing diaper only boy back into RS and handing him too me, then running back out to deal with the rest of the mess, and her telling me about bathing him in the sink while he screamed his guts out, surprised I did not hear it. Oh Colt Buddy, Grama was still happy to have you at church and show you off. And its funny-NOW- Ok I laughed then too but she didn't. We got to visit with Grama Cottam for a little while that was fun and Uncle Steve came too. We love them! That evening we got to catch up with the Allreds. So fun.
I finally got to catch up with Kristin too. It was just fun to visit. (And really the Stouts deserve to be on the "blogs gone dry" list over there because YIKES, 2013 was not pretty.) We got to meet cute little Anden and I'm sure our kids are going to be good buddies someday. Cannon and Keegan didn't really warm up to each other until the neighbors cat came in, then they were fast friends chasing it with shoes and such. I'm afraid my little stinker may have been the instigator of the harassing on of the cat. They also have a pile of trains, Cannon kept wanting to go back and play with them some more. We will, next trip!
We took Colt Buddy on his first swimming trip :)
Visited with Grampa Great anytime we got the chance. I LOVE knowing it brightens his day when we come. Wednesday night we were up there and I thanked him for letting us use his car and stuff and said "Well, tomorrow's doomsday." And he said "No its not, there will be another one." It was pretty cute out of an old Grouch like Grampa :)
We stopped by the equipment auction on our way into Vegas


Somehow it was a really reflective trip for me. But it was good. Isaac hasn't been to St. George with me (except for one night before we drove to Vegas to fly out last July) anyway since last Christmas but I'm happy to report I've successfully lowered the bar. That might sound bad but its not, it great. I have spent way more time than I want to admit worrying if he liked it or if he was happy when we were at my parents. (Starting WAAAAY before we moved.) Because he doesn't say much and I don't think he seems like himself but this time I just kind of accepted it. He says he likes it, I just believed him and didn't worry-if he doesn't love it, oh well- it really allowed me to relax and enjoy myself this trip so that was nice. It also helps when he has something to do. He helped Grampa Great out with his remote, and was super Son-in-law fixing my mom's washer, and it seems like a few other projects but I can't remember.
Thursday was hard it was hard to come back especially without a set "next trip" but we will get back and we also got so good news Thursday about what has been a "heavy stressor" in our lives so we had reason to be happy. Will take bright spots when they come! Oh and the boys traveled great. I tell Isaac (often) I'm the one he has to worry about.
When we got home there were presents from Grandma and Grandpa Ison so Christmas just kept coming. Cannon was loving life.






No comments:
Post a Comment