We've had a fun week. Isaac was the guest reader at Miss Suzanne's bookstore last week. This is what happens when you go to your neighbors on Halloween. It was a hit, we had a good time. Of course he didn't get out of the house without his little monkey.
We've been able to get out a couple of times this week. That's been nice, basketball at the church Friday then we found a little hike for FHE (at the park we always go to!) Saturday was a really nice day and we actually got out to play a little tennis. I don't have a picture of the bloody nose that was totally my fault, up until that point we were having a great time. Colt was sleeping in his car seat Isaac and I were in flip flops/jeans but just volleying back and forth and having a great time and Cannon was playing mostly independently with a ball and his racket at the net....and I'll be more careful next time! He's tough though and still wanted to go play on the slides once he settled down.
Helping is most fun when its helping with Colt!
Along with helping, if I had a nickle for every time I've heard Cannon say "If you want..."
this week I'd have at least a hundred bucks. The problem is he's
confused, what he means when he says it is its what HE wants and the
kids is terribly persistant. "I can Help... I can Help... I can Help, if
you want..." Or "Hey mom, I can watch Thomas if you want!" typing it
out just really doesn't do it justice, you need the voice
inflections/almost whine but not, he's a character!He's also been scrunching up his face real funny lately...like if he doesn't like the idea of something--enough that I'm pretty positive its something I do that he's picked up on mimicking. I wonder if I look as silly as he does? Anyway...He woke up from his nap the other day and came and found me and said "I had a good nap, we can go for a bike ride now!"... it was freezing cold but we went anyway, we "rode" (I pushed his little 3 wheeler) over to the playground at the front of our complex. He was really disappointed I didn't get on Isaac's bike with Colt all strapped to the front of me and bundled up...no thanks.
Then there was this scene. I whipped out my camera but really should have turned on the video so I could have had accurate dialogue because -as usual- it was hilarious. Isaac comes home from work "OH....bud, your in time out when I get home, that's never good, how come?" C: "I hit my brother." I: "Why would you do that?" C:"Well, I didn't break break him! But mom made me come to time out anyway..." and then it just kept going and going and going with this super random string of explanations. That I can't remember but it was so funny. I took this picture and text Isaac "this is hilarious" as it happened but I really REALLY should have been videoing. Oh well.
Grandpa Ison is in the hospital in Ohio again. When I found out I told him "Grandpa Ison might need your prayers." And Cannon is spot on! He'll just start praying all of the sudden "Dear Heavenly Father..." but if I don't stop and fold my arms he's like "Hey, I'm praying!" So then I do stop-and he does say the sweetest prayers. Here's little (or big) Mr. 5 months old! Wow, time goes fast!
He's such a good happy boy. We see that Frei temper flare every once in a while and call him DiffiCOLT but mostly its smiles and boy does he love his brother. It makes me a little nervous with all the mischief that they are sure to get into together. He's a great sleeper, usually just wakes up once, sometimes makes it through the night. He's been eating a little cereal. And grabbing and playing with/tasting anything he sees. He knows the spoon goes in his mouth and has shoved it in and gagged himself until he puked twice. My bad on letting play with that, I thought it was a good idea while we were feeding him. I feel like I should have more specific stories but...I don't. Maybe I need to write them down as I go. In some ways he's of course high maintenance but in plenty of others he just seems chill and I'll take it. Oh he was fussing the other day and Cannon told him "Enough Colt!" Then told me "I'm just trying to get him to chill out." Oh brother! I do think I have my hands full most of the time. We survived feeding the missionaries and preschool here at our apt this week, and I think that's about it.








Love the man in the yellow hat costume! See I catch up on your blog once a month :-) i Hope you guys are doing well!
ReplyDelete