"Hey Colt, how old are you?"
One :)
Cute little showoff isn't he?
Saturday we headed for Bull Valley and had a little horse party a few days early. Colt has always loved the horses...and we had a dog party for Cannon when he turned one, so I thought a horse party for Colt was the way to go! I mentioned it, Grama ran with the idea and Grampa was a sport to play along (and make it happen) by bringing Monty and Clyde over for the fun. (We definitely felt spoiled!) Thanks Grama and Grampa!Cute little showoff isn't he?
We visited. Rode Monty. Roasted hot dogs -never even got to the smores- rode the Rhino and 4 wheeler. The weather was great, up out of the heat a little, and it was just a good time!
It wasn't perfect (but almost) we forgot the knife/spatula and forks for the cake :( so after having the kids licking their chops we said..."We'll have cake tonight!" and gave'm their party bags instead.
That night we did have cake and while I'm convinced Cann Man is all Ison--ole Colt Man proved himself all "Icin" he had no use for the actual cake (or candle).
That night as the sun set we headed up to my uncle Steve's beautiful backyard (with our sunburned from the day at the ranch faces) for a long overdue Frei family picture. The last one we had with the whole crew was at our wedding almost 5 years ago...it was a little out of date. (Isaac has 6 siblings, I have 2, you'd think it would be harder to get his side together but his side of the family is definitely better and getting those group pics done we've done 2 since we've been married.)
I would say having big group-or any-family pictures is always better after its over, the process can be a little rough!
Anyway. Sunday we went to church and then had naps and I puttered around pretty much all afternoon with packing. We stopped in and said "hey" to grampa great and Isaac had Cannon up to the new corrals when I was really getting wound up (that was a blessing) but we got all packed up and headed out about 10 pm. When Cannon woke up the next morning I think we were in New Mexico...Gallop? Santa Rosa? Anyway he figured we should be back in Mississippi by then. I said it's still a long way and he said "We should have taken an airplane!" That's my boy :) Actually I'm the worst traveler in our family (Colt's a close 2nd) I did good until I got us lost in Dallas and then I'd just had it but we still had 7 hours to go. But about 2:30 AM the next night we rolled in. And here we are, back to the grind.
(of course that's fun too, swimming frog hunts...and even a frog on our window)

Yesterday was Colt's actual birthday but I was glad we'd already partied. We did have fun though. We met our friends for playgroup, it was really fun to see them and we hit up the children's museum that afternoon. Colt was loving life, in 3 months he's definitely changed and grown enough that there's lots for him to do too. Both boys had fun.

Colt got this cute little collapsible red wagon for his birthday.
Cannon was definitely ready for it to be HIS birthday, I forced him to let Colt open a present ("I'm helping him I'm helping him" he'd say) and see the far left picture...he forced Colt's hand to do it. Oh well, it was a fun day though!
That night I had a primary meeting, I loved getting to see the gals I serve with in primary! I really do love them, it was so fun. So here we are--back at it
The humidity and heat are nasty, remember how it was starting to cool off in Salt Lake last week? Not here. I've done a whopping 3 days of the "Mormon diet" (its a guaranteed winner- get up read the good book VERY first thing to exercise/nourish the soul, then exercise the ole body) I ran for 10 minutes -hey I gotta start somewhere- but I SWEAT for a solid 3 hours afterward! Most of which had Nothing to do with the little jog, Man, the Welcome back to the south!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment