After naps we took the boys swimming--after all kinds of debate over hot springs and which one and so on we settled on a little aquatic center that was about 10 minutes away, by far the easiest option :) Smiles from mom. And while you never would have guessed it last week I think those swimming lessons helped. Getting water in his face wasn't slowing Cannon down a bit, that is progress!
The boys capped off the fun day by borrowing the neighbors saw and cutting down some dead limbs! Then they went over and helped the neighbor cuts some down Monday too. Cannon had to got up and down this ladder 50 times-that I saw- he'd slowly get a little more brave and "check on" his dad about every 30 seconds. "Hey dad, you doing Oh right?" (He rarely -if ever- says "alright" but the "oh right" think makes me smile every time.)
Sunday I got a picture of Cann Man with sweet Sister Russell (ok he wouldn't cooperate-because he's 3- so I said just snag him and this is what we got.) A little blurry but I had to be quick.




I've been trying the little baby signs -to no avail- with Colt for a while now, just a few: more, please, and all done. But I finally got him to singed please, for a cookie, that's my boy! He did it twice, for a cookie both times...maybe he thinks it means cookie...no I'm just kidding but I am noticing how much he understands. He really is growing up so fast. I'm working on getting him to show me 1 finger when I ask how old he is, cuz that is just a blink away! The other day he was getting into Isaac's drawer (That's a favorite activity) anyway he was grabbing clothes then crawling over and putting them in the dirty clothes hampers. Super cute...except I hate laundry and thanks Colt but I don't want to wash any extra. Oh speaking of laundry, I really shouldn't complain about the laundromat, a super nice lady there gave me John Stockton's autobiography this week. That was cool. I'm only about 50 pages in but hey-his mother's maiden name was Frei, his grandfather immigrated from Switzerland. How bout that to get me going on my genealogy? (Because really my pledge to give family history and Facebook equal time unfortunately really turned out a flop. Bummer.)
We snuck down and saw Devin and Jill again this week, I love how cute Cannon and Ryker play together and while its annoying I also get a kick out of Cannon's constant begging to go to Ryker's house and play with his trains, trucks, and excavators.
We had to deal with Colton puking a couple different times this week. I hate that and its heart breaking when you don't know what to do to help them feel better. He's working on teeth but I didn't think that should equate to puke, maybe, what do I know? I told Isaac "Motherhood is not for wimps!" Thankfully Isaac is a good helper too. One time I handed him a pukey kid and sent him to the tub and the other time he sprayed out the car seat for me.
Life.
What else? We took turns going to the temple, I went on Tuesday he went on Thursday--I liked Tuesday better :)
I think that's about it, for now anyway.
Life.
What else? We took turns going to the temple, I went on Tuesday he went on Thursday--I liked Tuesday better :)
I think that's about it, for now anyway.



No comments:
Post a Comment