He did surprise me and ask my friend Ginger to tend last Friday and we went out to eat for our anniversary, that was fun and the boys had a good time. Cannon was quoting the movie they'd watched on the drive home and Colt cried and howled as soon as we got back like "You left me, how dare you?" But Ginger's daughter (8) was kept saying "He was fine, he was fine, the whole time, he didn't even cry." It was pretty cute like in her young mind I was going to think they'd let him howl like that the whole time.
Colt was so funny inching along the car as we walked up the driveway--Isaac actually took this picture. I love it when Isaac catches cute things they do too! (I think Colt looks like Cannon in this picture)
We had somewhere else to be that morning but I can't really remember what else we did...and I didn't take a picture so who knows?? We also had another Tornado warning where the siren went off and stuff. It's way better now that we've done that once and kind of know what to expect--it was also better having Isaac home for it. We never lost power though-so we never even hunkered down in the bathroom or closet.
Sunday...we survived, I think it was uneventful except that we rode out to Forrest for a "Sunday Evening Discussion" Some members do out there, they want a member of the Bishopric but somehow both us and Bishop's family ended up going. First thing Isaac said was "Wait, he's not supposed to be here or we didn't need to come." I'm pretty sure I wacked him and gave him the we're here now don't get caught saying that glare :) Anyway it was nice and they drive that far every week to church (about an hour) we have it EASY and I am grateful! It was nice though, the discussion was, in part, about how our homes should be like temple and a place where we would want the Savior to come...I look around at my counter piled high and toys and stuff all over the floor and think-Can we meet Him at the church? I'm just kidding...partly...a time and a season right???
Some other fun from the week:Grama sent the boys a rolling pin and cookie cutters so we had to try it out. Then, I feel like we have tons of pictures of Cannon relaxing and hanging out with his dad-but ones with Isaac and Colt seem way more rare-so I snapped this one.
This was the fancy fire truck the boys and I got to watch at Walmart the other day...$1.2 Million bucks, or so the old man who was also watching it told us-to fix the rope on the flagpole at Walmart...I guess practice is practice but that's expensive! Our old man friend also told is there are only 3 like this in the country (NYC, OKC, and trusty old Pearl MS) at any rate-Cannon was impressed. The second pictures is what it looks like pretty much ANY time I try to do anything on my phone. The blue shirt is mine...you can't see me-just like I can't see my phone, its just how it goes.




Old Colt man, he had my computer pulling up the control panel and sleep settings every time I pushed the "Enter" button. Thanks Colt. But I think I've got that fixed. Poor guy is still cutt'n teeth-and he spewed up EVERYTHING he'd eat'n all day at the church yesterday when we went to play basketball. That was not fun. But thankfully he seems fine today.
And Cann Man has been on one this week!!!
(This one is GROSS...so you might want to skip it.) Cannon after nap "Good morning mom!" Me "Hey Bud good morning! How was your nap? Did you sleep good?...Hey what is that what's in your mouth (no response)...What are you eating?" Him "I can't tell you." "Why not?" Big grin "Because it came from my nose." Like I said Gross, sorry, but it made the family journal. He's actually done the "I can't tell you" thing a few other times throughout the week, I don't know where he got that! Often times he asks "Why do you force me to eat?" I answer "Because I love you." (and sometimes I go on about how I want him to grow up and be big and strong but that was all I said this time) and he shot back with "That's just an excuse."
OH BROTHER!And Cann Man has been on one this week!!!
(This one is GROSS...so you might want to skip it.) Cannon after nap "Good morning mom!" Me "Hey Bud good morning! How was your nap? Did you sleep good?...Hey what is that what's in your mouth (no response)...What are you eating?" Him "I can't tell you." "Why not?" Big grin "Because it came from my nose." Like I said Gross, sorry, but it made the family journal. He's actually done the "I can't tell you" thing a few other times throughout the week, I don't know where he got that! Often times he asks "Why do you force me to eat?" I answer "Because I love you." (and sometimes I go on about how I want him to grow up and be big and strong but that was all I said this time) and he shot back with "That's just an excuse."
Oh another thing he did this week, he was taking pictures, I have an old camera he calls it "his" camera, whatever, he loves to take pictures and say "Mom, we need to get this one off and send it to Grandma" and things like that. Anyway, he had it out and was taking pictures, took one of Isaac resting on the couch then said "There (sighs and kind of turns his head) I got one of sleep'n beauty" It was so funny I busted up. Actually it was worth it to go get his camera and load it up. Here is "Sleep'n Beauty" Through Cannon's lens...and then a collage of what things generally look like through his lens...
Why wouldn't you want 50 pictures of your toy excavator? And lots of your mom and brother too. He's character! And I sure love'm.
Why wouldn't you want 50 pictures of your toy excavator? And lots of your mom and brother too. He's character! And I sure love'm.
Sometimes he gets right down to business too! The kids are working on the First and Second articles of Faith in primary I asked Cannon if he wanted to Memorize them too he was all about it.
Oh and speaking of primary-he's a crack up. He kept jumping out of his front row chair to pushing the new song leaders book ALL the way on the table because she'd set it down with a corner hanging off. He tell her he didn't want it to fall. And he told her his name was Cannon with a "Cuh" (Sound for a c not the letter) and that it was like the "CAT dealership" I just have to sit there and smile.
I think that's it...until I think of something else.

No comments:
Post a Comment