Cannons ready to go back, I asked him why and he said "I just love it there." And it was PERFECT weather and we've come back to a yucky cold snap here and been really cooped up. Bummer.
Cannon wanted to earn some money for a new Peterbuilt so Grama put him to work. He was hilarious (as usual) telling her that he was working real hard so he could earn lots of money then in the next breath that this service project was awesome! We'll have to work on distinguishing when you work to make money and when you just work to help others...

Telling the cousins goodbye.


So onto this week...
Cannon hang'n just where he likes to be-right in the middle of the missionaries, I know its blurry but it was so cute. He had to sit by them, put what they put on their plates on his (even if he didn't really like it) Its cute and really-what great young men to have him look up to?
And Colt just decided two binks was better than one!
Sounds good right? It should have been but Colt puked all over the nursery -ya he's been working on teeth (two more finally poked through I noticed them on the plane) but I really think he just puked cuz he got so worked up when we actually left him and went to the dance. --all 3 minutes that we were there--
Date Over-pretty much before it started. Oh well.Sis Huie went to a ton of work--we tried to be supportive
Driving home I said "guess what next Saturday is-dad's birthday!" Isaac's honest to goodness answer "I didn't know that." Its just stamped in my brain whenever Valentines day is Isaac's birthday is the next week. So then we got asking him what he wanted (or wanted to do) to celebrate and he just kept saying "I just want you guys." And Cannon was hilarious he said "Dad, people aren't presents." And he kept trying to talk him into something "How bout a train dad-you like trains and that's a fun toy." I was listening smiling because I'm totally like Cannon-come on there's got to be something fun we could get him. But I know he's serious-he doesn't really want anything. Cannon and I have been saying all week-we've gotta teach dad to like presents. HAHA. Gifts and such just don't do it for him. (Remember he opened his helicopter from Santa 6 weeks later) As I listened to Cannon I was just laughing to myself (because I think more like a 3 year old "Come on dad-there's got to be something." ) Too bad I didn't find and old used something or other for free that somebody was going to throw away that he could fix up and then sell--he would love that. The fact it was free, the project of fixing it up, then selling it--totally his thing!
Driving home I said "guess what next Saturday is-dad's birthday!" Isaac's honest to goodness answer "I didn't know that." Its just stamped in my brain whenever Valentines day is Isaac's birthday is the next week. So then we got asking him what he wanted (or wanted to do) to celebrate and he just kept saying "I just want you guys." And Cannon was hilarious he said "Dad, people aren't presents." And he kept trying to talk him into something "How bout a train dad-you like trains and that's a fun toy." I was listening smiling because I'm totally like Cannon-come on there's got to be something fun we could get him. But I know he's serious-he doesn't really want anything. Cannon and I have been saying all week-we've gotta teach dad to like presents. HAHA. Gifts and such just don't do it for him. (Remember he opened his helicopter from Santa 6 weeks later) As I listened to Cannon I was just laughing to myself (because I think more like a 3 year old "Come on dad-there's got to be something." ) Too bad I didn't find and old used something or other for free that somebody was going to throw away that he could fix up and then sell--he would love that. The fact it was free, the project of fixing it up, then selling it--totally his thing!
Anyway Sunday we survived, he stuck his head in after tithing and said he and Bishop were going to go do one visit...and he came home at least 3 hours maybe 4 and who knows how many visits later. I left and went to choir-no body else came but I stayed and visited with the choir directors for and hour just for the break.
Monday was a holiday but Isaac still had to go in. Tuesday we fed the missionaries (Cannon's current "favorite missionaries" they are really cute with him) and invited Bishop too because his wife and kids are out of town (might explain the long Sunday visits) then we played basketball. Wednesday we hit up the library. The boys love to go early and get in some computer time.
Mostly I just feel cooped up. I'm a fair weather gal.
Oh in other exciting news Isaac's had a few phone interviews with schools this week...somewhere in Michigan...and South Carolina, one in Ohio--I told him we did follow his brother into the mission field, was he planning on following his parents too? He answered they'll be home by next August. Any interview is good practice at this point, but...Still hoping/praying to head back west. I want to be drivable to home.
Pics are a little weak this week so here's a couple videos instead :) I hate my voice in them but oh well.
Monday was a holiday but Isaac still had to go in. Tuesday we fed the missionaries (Cannon's current "favorite missionaries" they are really cute with him) and invited Bishop too because his wife and kids are out of town (might explain the long Sunday visits) then we played basketball. Wednesday we hit up the library. The boys love to go early and get in some computer time.
Oh in other exciting news Isaac's had a few phone interviews with schools this week...somewhere in Michigan...and South Carolina, one in Ohio--I told him we did follow his brother into the mission field, was he planning on following his parents too? He answered they'll be home by next August. Any interview is good practice at this point, but...Still hoping/praying to head back west. I want to be drivable to home.
Pics are a little weak this week so here's a couple videos instead :) I hate my voice in them but oh well.


No comments:
Post a Comment