Friday, April 17, 2015


Check out this little video I found about Kirksville! Kind of exciting right?
The first time I watched it when all the other related videos pop up and they were all about tornadoes. Crud....so...yeah lets just leave that at that, but another time I watched it none of them were about tornadoes-We'll pray for the best
Would you believe me if I told you the week after Isaac accepted a job has actually been more stressful than the weeks preceding? I would not have-if I hadn't lived it. Its crazy, it's been so frustrating  with all of his work on his dissertation, he's worked so long and so hard and he wants to make progress but (I'm softening this from what I first wrote) its slow going though. Isaac handles things very well. (Me? Maybe not--good thing its him!) But its like now that we have a job just let us get done and move forward. Having a job lined up has just heightened my awareness of the slow  progress. Isaac's is busting his tail, but there's a process that has to take place and its a long and slow one. I don't get it but, whatever, so frustrating. BUT this week I had a horrible dream. It was terrible, and the bottom line was in it Cannon was lost. In my dream I prayed and I was like "Heavenly Father please, I know I've been pleading for things with this stupid dissertation but I don't care, all I care about is my little boy, that we can find him and he'll be safe..." anyway then shortly after I woke up to Cannon's little voice I was SO RELIEVED it was just a dream, and that it wasn't real. I just wanted to hold him ~he wasn't really going for it~ but still he was there and he was fine and I was so grateful. But in the end I felt like that dream really helped me perspective wise. So what! About any of this other stress and nonsense, family is what's important!!  So ironically this week I'm extra thankful for a really bad dream. It's been a good thing, I'm pretty sure I was getting pretty close to imploding!

Last week I took a pic of Colt, undies around his ankles running off with the soccer potty...it didn't make the blog last week because he never actually used the potty. Just sat on it a few times and carried it around. But now he has!!! Don't be thinking he's getting anywhere near trained but I'm going for good positive experiences here. So if he wakes up dry we head right to the pot, he's been doing really good right when he wakes up in the morning or after naps, other than that NO success!  But whatever. He just looks at me and grabs the front of his pants when they're wet...again! I've been trying to let him wear undies when we're just hang'n around the house,  I know he's not really ready yet but if I could rush him just a little and have accidents that were going to happen be here-on this carpet that we're leaving behind (They totally need to replace it before anyone else moves in anyway) I just think that would be ideal. So here's to hoping... Oh and that tablet bribe....they love it--of course Cannon the potty coach right by his side ;)
Saturday Isaac went into work but we still made a good fun day out of it. We met him for a picnic lunch at the Ag museum (we always find something new there too) This time they got to pet a baby chick.
One of the senior missionary couples here has the last name Cannon. So Elder Cannon calls Cannon "Cousin" its pretty cute. But they live at Windsor Lake so we told Cannon we might have to call Ayla's ducks the Cannon's ducks, his eyes lit up and he said "They're Cannon ducks?" Anyway Saturday afternoon we fed them and made a quick little park run. We felt like we had a fun little Saturday even though dad went to work. Cannon had more fun feeding peoples dogs than the ducks but whatever-all the same.
 
 
As for the week ...we caught the park and story time with friends on Wednesday. We went to the park a couple other times too, its been rainy, my boys love puddles...a little too much...while watching them like a hawk they did pretty good just sticking their bats in the puddles--but then my phone rang and they could just sense I was distracted-it was a disaster especially since we don't even have an outside hose. But actually I stripped them down before we even got in the car. A hose STILL would have been nice. OH well. These are obviously the "before" pictures.
Thursday we finally met up with the Crowders for a little play date! Cannon has been obsessed with their giant military jet ever since we went to their house so Beth loaded it up and brought it over. So sweet! And it was super fun to chat. Ironically I only got pictures of Colton with it. But its pretty cool they love it.
 
Today was highlighted by a trip to Michael's because the t-shirts we make the "Primary Shirts" out of were on sale. Colt grabbed a Mason Jar and threw it on the floor-it was super embarrassing.  The crash echoed throughout the whole store and there were 3 workers there cleaning it up within seconds. They were really nice but I couldn't get out of there fast enough!
And a random collage to wrap up the rest of the week-we like to have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment