Saturday was a great day! Well wait first Friday was too, Friday night after I'd blogged I got a text from my mom "can you talk" I called back-and whispered, "No, my kids are asleep but I can listen..." So she told me Chip had decided he wanted to come see us too!!! Sweet!!! And I was afraid it was going to be bad news or something-not at all! We were SO excited! (I don't think he really could have even had time to read my blog last week but...maybe I should bemoan our not getting to see him more often ;) just kidding) So anyway it took a little finagling and Grampa's having to go WAY out of his comfort zone but we're super excited (and we feel like a pretty darn big deal too-it's great) he'll be here tomorrow. Unless as he put it "he gets lost in Kansas City and is never heard from again" haha-he'll be fine! Ok back to Saturday it was great-Well, except for the part where Isaac flushed his wedding ring. It was pretty funny though. I'm not quite sure what happened but I heard the clank clank and "oh crap" and then he came out and was like "I would have fished it out but I'd already flushed." I just laughed -and teased him because it was so close to Valentines- and at least it was his ring. He didn't let me buy him a ring when we got married (I think he was afraid I'd buy an expensive one.) But he bartered for one while we were on out honeymoon-he loved the bartering aspect. (Possibly the most disappointing thing about my ring for him was no chance to barter, well that and the fact it wasn't cheap, I still have no clue how much it cost though-Kyler just got him the best price he could, Ky told me one time he thought Isaac was pretty disappointed there was no negotiating haha) anyway back to his ring, it was always borderline too small-sizes aren't an option at those little shops by the "Bufadora" in Mexico. So one day a few months back he worked it off his finger (no small task) but then was trying stretch it out (oh Isaac) with some pliers and snapped it in half. So when the boys and I were in Utah either in Sept it Dec I don't know which, he went to Walmart and picked himself out a new ring. $18 bucks, he was tickled pink, and all the sudden his $30 honeymoon ring wasn't such a good deal, but he was happy and I liked it and neither one of us really cared if it turned his finger green (my brother the jeweler has maybe turned me into a little bit of a jewelry snot-but not Isaac-not a chance but when he bought it he told me not to tell Kyler about it haha I guess if Ky reads the blog the secret will be out. But really Isaac's just so nice he wouldn't want to hurt Ky's feelings by not supporting his business--but its just not a important or valuable to him which I think is totally fine.) Anyway long story. But funny. Poor Isaac-I love telling Isaac stories. He asked me how much he paid for it, I reminded him $18 he said "What a waste, I'm not buying another one for a while." I disagree, and I'll take care of that :) Funny Guy, I sure like him though! anyway back to Saturday...
(Yeah right "nap right here")
Isaac did our taxes, the boys started putting the crib together, they went on an adventure (with the dog IN to 2 stores, one the dog was welcome at, and Home Depot-not so much, yeah Isaac what you read online was for "service dogs" ours does NOT qualify...good thing I wasn't there-I was mortified enough from home.) The boys made me a valentine at Orschlens, the first store -I guess it was kid day or something??? They were not meant to be necklaces but, whatever!
The the little jars had a little fake candle tea light thing they put in them too light them up. Colt thought it was really cool and wanted to show little brother-probably the closest thing you'll ever get to a belly pic of me on the blog
Their adventure bought me a few minutes to go Valentine's shopping though so that was fun. Reasons to celebrate--totally not Isaac's thing--so I bought him a pair of socks because I vowed to throw the ones with a HUGE hole in away-I don't care how soft they are- and the boys get spoiled because I love the reasons to celebrate and I get a way better reaction out of them. They got the Sneaky Snacky Squirrel game and it is super fun-well for their ages-perfectly age appropriate. We've had a good time playing it. (To his credit though, Isaac did offer to buy me flowers TWICE but I turned him down both times A: because they just die and B: because I know it's not his thing, it kind of loses it's charm...obligatory flower purchase...no thanks. He is willing though and he should get credit for that-totally willing to fake like he likes celebrating haha-what a guy, I love him)
The the little jars had a little fake candle tea light thing they put in them too light them up. Colt thought it was really cool and wanted to show little brother-probably the closest thing you'll ever get to a belly pic of me on the blog
Their adventure bought me a few minutes to go Valentine's shopping though so that was fun. Reasons to celebrate--totally not Isaac's thing--so I bought him a pair of socks because I vowed to throw the ones with a HUGE hole in away-I don't care how soft they are- and the boys get spoiled because I love the reasons to celebrate and I get a way better reaction out of them. They got the Sneaky Snacky Squirrel game and it is super fun-well for their ages-perfectly age appropriate. We've had a good time playing it. (To his credit though, Isaac did offer to buy me flowers TWICE but I turned him down both times A: because they just die and B: because I know it's not his thing, it kind of loses it's charm...obligatory flower purchase...no thanks. He is willing though and he should get credit for that-totally willing to fake like he likes celebrating haha-what a guy, I love him)
Sunday we had ward council so I always feel like I've run a marathon by time we get home from church those days-Colt had a complete melt down by the back door as we were leaving but other than that we had a pretty good day. We got snow Sat night though so the roads were bad so some people (including my counselor in charge of sharing time) didn't make it in. She had warned me Sat but I didn't worry at all-then in the middle of the night I thought ahhh I better think about that, what was our topic? I was glad I'd thought about it but I definitely felt in "wing it" mode, but it turned out pretty fun, our little version of the creation charades style (is that the one where ya act it out?) Anyway-we pulled it off ;)
We got home from all the craziness had naps and then planned some more. We decided to do a president's day themed family home evening and invite our neighbors. As it turned out only our one neighbor came but we had fun learning a little trivia-and we did talk about how God definitely had his had in the formation of this nation and the religious liberties (that we are clinging too) and Cannon shared the 12th article of faith but we kept things pretty simple and topped it off with red white and blue ice cream sundaes. Isaac and our neighbor actually had a ton to talk about and he's a nice and good guy. Tuesday-the long awaited for Tuesday...why don't I lie to my kids and tell them Grama's not coming until the next day? It seems like I should have learned this lesson by now! They were wound to the nines all day-it was awful-and she didn't get here until almost 8pm with delays and all. UG! I swung by a baby shower for a couple gals in my ward I was only there for about 5 minutes but it was fun. Then I picked her up and...(sigh) take over grama!!! PLEEEASE...just kidding...kind of
I don't know it doesn't seem like we've done a ton but we've had a great time. I actually feel like I've stuck her babysitting a lot but its just so nice, they love it, she loves it, Isaac and I have this awesome freedom to go wherever whenever we want. Its great! He had meetings Wed, I had to show my face at the Blue and Gold banquet-and we didn't even have to coordinate and drag our kids down to the church! Of course I had to get a dentist appt in-yikes my second home the dental chair-I scheduled another one for next week before she leaves too. Thursday the boys got to go on their "date" with Grama. Pizza Hut and Walmart-complete with little prize. They are so funny-they were in heaven. Thursday Isaac went off doing visits for church and I still got to go to Relief Society and it was SO FUN, and that was SO important after the last one was such a rotten experience with me and having to drag the boys there all. Today we drove up to Iowa to our favorite little general store up there. It was fun and we got some good deals, we love that! It was a long drive and long day though. It was over 60 degrees here today though so super warm for us-that was nice now we just need to shake the wind! Nice of Grampa to order the great weather up for when he comes-or bring it with him or whatever, we'll take it!
Oh and Grama brought me a new phone! There's an adjustment period of course but it a pretty smooth little machine :)





I love reading about your family adventures!! Such fun you guys seem to have!! I think its cute that colt wanted to show his little brother his valentines jar!! :) Are your ready for three kids? For me it was easier than I thought it would be, but I feel like Im never early to anywhere and almost late or late to everywhere and bed time with three kids is a force to be reckoned with, but besides that its been a blast having three!
ReplyDelete