Friday, March 4, 2016

Isaac is gone to a conference in Kansas City today, sooo...the tablet is babysitting for a few minutes while I blog, hopefully it doesn't backfire on me too bad in the behavior department. 
Saturday we ventured over to Nauvoo for a temple trip. Lucky for the boys I have to stop and get out and walk around a little bit (that has to be the last trip before little brother--too long--but anyway) we found Ed's Equipment auction...to wander around at, the boys were pretty much in heaven! Running from combine to tractor to skid steer and climbing up in all of them.
The big draft horses weren't hitched up this time but it was also parks galore for the boys, they went to 3 with Isaac (looking for one with a fire pole) while I was in the temple, and then we went over to Carthage to see the jail where the Prophet Joseph was murdered because I had never been. (We found another park first though) It would have been a lot better if it hadn't been 2 full hours past nap time...such is life. It was neat to go though and a humbling place, and the missionary giving us the tour was from St. George-so that was cool. 
We love being in the Nauvoo stake and Nauvoo temple district-its just cool. A few temple pics:
The other neat thing was this awesome family was sealed in the Reno temple Saturday. I didn't get to be there but it was still super cool to think about them and know they were in the "same" place that day. So happy for their family!
And the stress of Saturday...the landlord wanted to stop by, which was fine but I wanted to make sure we left the house all tidied up (Isaac totally doesn't get it so I'm pretty much on my own but whatever I got it done) but while we were gone I two texts from landlord. The first "What is the white stuff all over the concrete?" I reply that its just baking soda (cuz yeah, I've never sprayed it off since the last time Isaac was gone to a conference and I worked on the garage) then I get another text "And we're going to have to talk about the dog." Yeah! I reply that Isaac would call her! He got a hold of her on Monday and I guess things are fine but apparently the lease we signed said we would not have pets!!!! I had no idea but I sure wish I had known that back in December (in my world a lease is pretty binding in Isaac's world its just a dumb formality) anyway I know she had said when we walked thought the house that pets were fine, the lady before us had pets IN the house but anyway, like I said I guess things are fine but I just pride myself on being a good tenant-or course you would want renters like us...oh...or maybe not. Whatever.  
For fun this week: We made marshmallow shooters! The boys probably had the most fun eating the ammo.  And one of the nights a bunch of Isaac's students had an intramural volleyball game so we dressed the boys in their Truman shirts, grabbed some gatorades,  and were the cheering section. It was pretty fun. I think that's about it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment