Friday, March 18, 2016

So if you've read our blog at all you know Isaac and I are polar opposites. We're happy, we love each other but dang, I doubt we could be more different. So last week the last thing I write about is  "What can I do to make you happy?" and the very next day Isaac tells me the names he likes for little brother...umm
Yikes, I can't do that.
Polar opposites!
A few weeks ago I had told him what I liked and he responded "hmm" well that "hmm" was more positive than anything I could muster, I mean, I tried to copy it but I didn't do a very good job. I said "hmm" but I was laughing at my attempt. I don't really want to list what either of us likes cuz he's going to end up with a name and if its one that we've discussed I don't want him to know either mom or dad hated it. Hopefully we'll find some middle ground... fingers crossed. With the "name and blessing" in the church I guess he ultimately has the last say (I've always heard the story of my great grandpa switching my Aunt's name from Wanda to Kalyn-so basically she scored-and I've never been able to figure out why my grandpa wasn't the one giving that blessing??? But anyway-) Who knows?!
So the week:
Last week I labeled the boys drawers because I thought that would be helpful when Grama was here and helping out with laundry and such. I did NOT use sticky notes but the other morning Cannon labeled mine! It was so cute/funny. He'd open the drawer-see what was in it-then make his little squiggle marks "writing" the contents. The best was when Colt asked what the little sticky notes were and Cannon would re-open the drawer, look inside, and then "read" the squiggles and tell Colt what the note said. It was pretty cute.

And the above pic, puke bucket in hand, is WAY TOO representative of our week. Oh man. Colton caught a stomach bug something fierce. Its been awful! I know with a newborn you get puked on and pooped on but really I didn't need reminded and I didn't need any extra practice with all that. UG! Its been pretty much all week but I called the pediatrician and they said its just going around and to keep the fluids in him and the diet bland. Yikes. I made him wear a diaper all day to day-I just couldn't deal with another mess if he didn't make it. At the start of the week he did great even sick but...
this is and awful subject, why would I write about it and have to relive it-moving on!
We had a little St. Patrick's day fun and made T-shirts. Then that stubborn little Colt man wouldn't even put his on-little stinker. I couldn't tell him the whole "you'll get pinched" thing because Cannon's just a little to quick to volunteer to be the pincher! Oh well, they had fun making the shirts.
Cannon's preschool buddies were out of town because it was the medical school spring break but that made room at preschool for Colt-he loves getting to go. He just kind of survived the first day though cuz I didn't realize he was really sick yet, whoops. But I kept him home -the little sicky- Wed, by Thursday I thought he was better-he got along fine but he STILL isn't better so I shouldn't have let him go. Whoops. Oh well. Mrs. Hardee's the best. We love her.
I had to post a picture of the cute little Bunnies they made-she's the queen of preschool crafts-I think I'm going to ask her if she'd got any good little tricks up her sleeve I can do with the primary kids for mothers day! 
Today I tried to be a fun mom and do a little Friday science. Hopefully those little fizzing dinosaur eggs we made turn out. We'll see. 
Grama is on her way (because she was sure little bro would bee 2 weeks early) I doubt it, but we'll take Grama when we can get her. Isaac aka the saint -and favorite son in law- is going to head down to Columbia to pick her up early early in the morning. She had plane tickets, but then decided to drive with my Aunt Kay who is going to see Dallas (her grandson) in southern Missouri, and bring him a motorcycle (on a Uhaul trailer). She'll come up here after but then fly home. Who knows?  Those two. Anything could happen. So far "take it easy and see how it goes" driving has turned into them driving through the night. 
I'm sure there's more to the week but I can't remember so I guess that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment