Friday, July 21, 2017

Back in Utah!

Well we're back in Utah and having fun but some Missouri pics first...snagged this one off Isaac's phone of my little pageant security traffic directors! And then there is Tanner...pretty much in Heaven when one of his brothers gave him the rest of his ice cream cone....life is good. (I love the closed eyes one)
 
Originally we were going to stay in Kansas City Sunday night but at the end of he day--we're cheap and we decided it would be fine to just take off EARLY Monday morning (before 2) so that's what we did. Little Green is parked at some random church house that is close to the airport, Isaac dropped us off then parked the car (hopefully its there when we get back but if not...well, we're not out much!) He had his first Uber experience--it went great.  They didn't sleep a wink on the plane--any of them-- Isaac was across the isle from us, at least he caught a little nap. From the Vegas airport we did the whole family in the rideshare "Lyft" and caught a ride to Aunt Permela's to get the van. It was a little more expensive to do it that way-we kind of hummed and ha'd a little bit. (Colt said "but where's Dammaw, her is usually at da airport!") But anyway we got in and Ricardo didn't speak very good English but as soon as Isaac asked him where he was from and he said Brazil I was so glad we picked that option. The conversation took off in Portuguese it was a really fun ride.  We visited for a just a couple minutes with Aunt Permela and then hit the rode. The plan was the Richie Bro's equipment auction but the boys zonked out so Isaac drove on by. (I kinda thought he should stop and wake them up because he'd talked it up so much but he said no way-they're asleep, we drive on! Cannon was pretty bummed when he woke up in Mesquite, oh well. (Truth be told I wasn't overly crazy about the idea anyway) Up until Isaac calling home Sunday night the plan was just stop in St George for a few hours Monday then head on up to Emery County, but Sunday night Isaac changed his mind so we stayed in St. George and we will go to Emery County next week. 
Here are my early morning airport guys.
St. George in July...we've been thankful for water! We've been having fun!
The boys helped Grama make Zucchini bread--and she was crazy enough to take them to the store! I laughed at laughed at Tan's pajamas...when dad gets you dressed sometimes you end up in a belly shirt and you're brothers shorts! At least it was just for bed, it worked!
Probably the worst part about abrubtly changing plans was that we had coordinated with my cousin to come down and hang out with us in St. George while we were in town--so we messed up their plans. But Sarah is Wonder Woman! And they adjusted their plans on half a days notice and still made it work! So nice of them. We hiked Kanaraville Falls. And I got away without my phone or camera so I don't have a single picture. Sarah might have some and Uncle Jim took his nice camera so...maybe I'll end up with evidence of the good times, but for now you'll just have to trust me! It was really fun though. Cannon loved running ahead with Max and Calvin. Colt was pretty whiny but just kept saying he wanted to catch up to Cannon but would never really do it and Tanner refused to ride in the carrier and I just had to pack him in my arms but oh well. It was so fun to see Sarah and get to visit it was totally worth it. I had never met Milly--she's a cutie! And it wasn't ideal but it was even a little refreshing for me to see her kids totally ignore her. And then hear  her have to say "Yes you will wear shoes-or you won't go!" Its not just me!!! I loved watching Cannon and Calvin walk together and chat at the end. And by then I had forced Tanner into the carrier and he eventually fell asleep. Hallelujah! 
After the hike we went back to the Jeffery's and at hot dogs and swam. It was so fun. Isaac didn't hike with us but met up with us after. Tanner's the only one who will let his dad throw him up in the pool, he loves it. (Oh and he's swim diaper only because I forgot his trunks. Whoops) 
I wanted a picture of Isaac and Captain (the bird) but I didn't get my phone quick enough, this one of Max was pretty cute too. Cannon wanted a turn sooo bad but we told him maybe in a couple more year. Captain has a feisty streak but Isaac loves him. 
We made it over to visit Great Grama Cottam and "Grama" Kay, it was good to see them and Colt had a major melt down--common lately 😩I think its just a tired thing but its rough!--anyway I looked back and Tanner had his fingers in his ears like he was trying to not have to listen to it. Pictured is only one finger but it was both! It was hilarious.
 
Thursday night we slipped over to the temple, instead of going straight to the car after we decided to walk around and see the new fig tree. Where we found Isaac's old landlord J and his wife Bonnie. Sorry Grama and Grampa, that just turned into the longest temple trip EVER--we sat and visited for over an hour. They are characters! I'm sure I've only heard a fraction of the stories! But Isaac and his roommates borrowed J's boat and I took it down the flooding Virgin river...they lost it. While I've heard the story before those two re-hashing it was pretty dang funny. 
Above Grampa was paying up on his $5 deals. Cannon recited the Living Christ for him and Colt's been cruising on the bike here. (The street here is busier than I ever would have noticed before. Yikes!) Today was cousin day. Kami brought Ann and Elsie down and Caroline brought Riley and Alaina and it was chaos-but they had a great time. (until the day ended on  Alaina's finger getting slammed in the door) But they swam and played at the splash pad and ate hot dogs and Popsicle and Grama took them to Cars 3 it was a busy busy fun day. 
    
Tomorrow is the whole crew family pictures. Aka torture! I love having family pictures--but the process of getting them is just miserable! Hope for the best for us! Our little family is getting it twice this summer. Tomorrow with the Frei's and then in a couple weeks with the Ison's...
And with that my wanting family pictures in Nauvoo went right out the window! Maybe next year. We have our limits. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment