Ok so thankfully it was a better week. Here's a newsflash for ya--those dang Dr.'s don't know everything. Everyone we ran into with any age -sage- and wisdom told us that those rashes looked like Poison Ivy. So we embraced that as the culprit and have gone from there. We don't know when or where specifically they got into it but apparently its everywhere around here...great. Saturday gold was still puffy but feeling better so we still hit home depot. Slowly throughout the day we made progress.
Not quick enough for Colt though-we were sitting on the couch and he said/whined "When is my face going to look normal?" It was so cute/pathetic I said "Say that again" And videod it. He said "Better" at the end instead but you get the idea.
https://youtu.be/XPUfZ8pyf_U
We would look at him and say "Colt your face is looking so much better!" And he would respond "Can you see both my eyes?" I would assure him that I could. I think looking in the mirror that morning at the dermatologist office when the one eye was so swollen freaked him out a little. By Saturday night we were pumped to be looking like this!

Above Colt was asking Siri "How do you make faces look normal?!" and below we went for a walk. Man TanTan missed all the fun having to stay in stroller! But keep scrolling down--He makes his own fun, and I clean up his messes! I guess its kindof the mom life, I should be used to it by now.

Monday we had out cute friends the Hilton's over. Baydon was in charge of the FHE lesson, he had those kids in the palm of his hand-it was so cute! Below they are holding up their little imaginary seeds. The kids loved having ice cream cones for a treat after the lesson, and the grown ups loved eating the delicious berry cobbler Brittany made!






This is what happens when the baby gate is locked...I guess its time to take that thing down. He's been through here a hundred times but this time he got his shoulders stuck and he was MAD!

We play hard! We've got that going for us!
Tonight we went to the lake with a bunch of our friends. It was really fun. My phone was left in the car or I would have taken pictures to prove how fun it was! The kids had tons of fun playing with friends, the adults even got to play a little sand volleyball--it was just a good time.
I usually try to keep the blog positive but we've had our rough spots this week. (Colt got his mouth washed out with soap. :( Darn) Cannon is...well I hope its just that he's 6 but boy if that's the reason, the bad news is the other boys will eventually turn 6 too. He is sassy! And I don't like it. One of his favorite things that is frustrating is to ask questions he knows the answer is "No." Then tell me I always tell him "No." Sometimes its like I say "No more tablet the rest of the day" And he asks to watch it 500 times that day within an hour of me saying that. But today it was while standing on the top of a really tall slide at the park (as in so tall I my had wouldn't have reached him) and he said "Hey mom will you hold my hand while I jump off the slide and do a flip?" Ummm nope! "Why not, the power rangers do it." Then there's the argument we've had a 100 times on whether or not Power Rangers are real.
Oh boy.
Life.
Its good but sometimes I just have to shake my head!
Tonight we went to the lake with a bunch of our friends. It was really fun. My phone was left in the car or I would have taken pictures to prove how fun it was! The kids had tons of fun playing with friends, the adults even got to play a little sand volleyball--it was just a good time.
I usually try to keep the blog positive but we've had our rough spots this week. (Colt got his mouth washed out with soap. :( Darn) Cannon is...well I hope its just that he's 6 but boy if that's the reason, the bad news is the other boys will eventually turn 6 too. He is sassy! And I don't like it. One of his favorite things that is frustrating is to ask questions he knows the answer is "No." Then tell me I always tell him "No." Sometimes its like I say "No more tablet the rest of the day" And he asks to watch it 500 times that day within an hour of me saying that. But today it was while standing on the top of a really tall slide at the park (as in so tall I my had wouldn't have reached him) and he said "Hey mom will you hold my hand while I jump off the slide and do a flip?" Ummm nope! "Why not, the power rangers do it." Then there's the argument we've had a 100 times on whether or not Power Rangers are real.
Oh boy.
Life.
Its good but sometimes I just have to shake my head!

No comments:
Post a Comment