Let the Cousin time begin! A late night swim is good for everyone right? (And boy did we have some late nights--but late mornings too so it worked out--Colt was all smiles getting to hang with Eric!
When they got there the chandelier was hanging from some wires...luckily we tracked down a good electrician with a REALLY tall ladder. It was good to see Uncle Harv. And I got a picture of the very bunk beds that made me decide no bunk beds--the boys love them--but they are just a little too much like a jungle gym for me.
Sunday we got round 2 of the family pictures in. It was SO DANG HOT by time we got done with the big family one we were just sweaty and thirsty and trying to force a smile but I we got this one that I liked. And the kids survived the grandkid picture.
After we survived the necessary pictures it was play play play. (Its a little weird to feel like a tourist in your home town but hey-what better place.) I was going to put things in order but--no way its too late. So randomly...we swam, we biked, we hiked, we rode motorcylces, we went a place called Glitter Rock Mountain.
King of the hill pool style--they did eventually get Isaac in but that pic is down a ways. The pics are all over 🙄 it's kinda annoying but it would take too long to straighten them out.
It was all this week--good enough right?!
We play hard! So we crash hard!

Oh my little Colton he's not much of a musical man. Ha! Actually he did good the first half but after that he was just Toooooo tired and grouchy and in his little Indignant voice...welll...hilarious! I wrote down all I could remember...
Colt Quotes from Tuachan:
Mom don't you know it's time to be asleep?
Can we go to bed when um go to bed?
Ohhh they started again!
When is it dunna be over?!
This is going to take until tomorrow?
But he might get it from me...I leaned over and said to Isaac "my only problem with musicals is it's all singing and dancing"
And some people think baseball is boring 😂
It was fine though-excluding Colt I think everyone had a good time. Cannon was wearing Brandon out asking him if the swords were real, then the fire? And so on. Good times.
I did slip away for a quick visit with my two best friends one afternoon. It was good to catch up with Ang and Linds. The only picture I got was of the kids playing with playdough. hmm.
I didn't take my phone on the hikes with water, just my little-much less expensive- camera... I need to check the settings first next time because I ended up with all kinds of crazy pics, fisheye--goofy colors--Oh well.
Kanaraville falls I've done about 6 times now but today was my FIRST time in the narrows-crazy huh? My buddies went in high school and I was going to go with them but my mom made me stay home for a YW activity (maybe I'm still bitter haha just kidding) it was pretty and fun though, flash flood the day before so kept us pretty cautious!
Tanner LOVED the squirrels and would squeal with delight when he saw them. It was too cute and too funny!
Kanaraville falls I've done about 6 times now but today was my FIRST time in the narrows-crazy huh? My buddies went in high school and I was going to go with them but my mom made me stay home for a YW activity (maybe I'm still bitter haha just kidding) it was pretty and fun though, flash flood the day before so kept us pretty cautious!
Tanner LOVED the squirrels and would squeal with delight when he saw them. It was too cute and too funny!
Isaac talked his brother Nate into getting up early and riding motorcycles with him (on his birthday) well he crashed-bummer-happy 40th Birthday Nate! That was a bummer but the very next day Mel (Nathan's wife) wrecked on her mountain bike and broke her arm-surgery Monday. Total bummer for them. Except for that it's been a great week! We've had a good time and the boys LOVE LOVE LOVE their cousins. We are thankful for family!
No comments:
Post a Comment