Friday, August 11, 2017

Our Great Summer adventures are wrapping up

Ok-so we had a ton of fun at the get together with Isaacs family last week, and it was so nice of Stacy's parents to let us use there home but I'm not going to lie--there's something very stressful about having my little kids in a multimillion dollar home. We helped clean up the best we could-our biggest help was getting 6 little hands out of there! By time we got to my parents house it was nap time and I breathed a big sigh of relief when we got to my parents...(mistake) Isaac had been up early and went riding motorcycles with Phillip and I got Tanner down we were all tired from staying up so long all week long so the plan was naps. Tanner out-me out-Isaac out-trouble #1 and trouble #2 were smart enough to realize if they were quiet and didn't fight mom and dad would zonk out and not police the naps. When I woke up they had pulled every pillow from my moms house (and there's a lot) into their fort project AND basically emptied her linen closet. I wasn't amused, so much for my sigh of relief! I didn't even take a picture because I was too mad and wanted it cleaned up. (Later when I was telling her about it I regretted not having a picture.) I asked "where did that (a comforter) come from?" They pointed to the top shelf, I was livid "You climbed the shelves?!?!" Cannon answered "No mom I used that stool and gave Colt a piggy back, mom, that's what piggy backs are for!"
Oh brother! 
So they survived that...
Then Grampa came home we ate and visited for a minute then Isaac was tinkering with the motorcycles the boys were playing in the irrigation water-it stunk-they were having a ball and Chip and I were going through some things my Aunt had brought down from my Grama's house. And then it was quiet...too quiet...and it had been for 20+ min....
Oh those little stinkers had completely flooded the sandbox. I was lit! They know better! I did take pictures this time but it was their fast pass to getting to go to bed. They were just being naughty for fun and Cannon just laughed and laughed about it until I swatted his little hiney and he decided I was serious. (Go ahead and call CPS on me it won't be the first time) oh man-what a mess!
Grama has threaten a hundred times that she's going to get rid of the sandbox if they don't stop making messes just to for the sake of making messes...I think its time! I was fuming mad but Grampa made the big mistake when he (innocently) said "You're lucky Grama's not here." Then Colt (Grama's little darling mind you) was so scared of being in trouble by Grama he just wanted to go home before Grama got back. I said "We can't go home we're going to San Diego." He said "Can we go first thing?" Trying to convince him that he wasn't really in trouble with Grama-after he'd totally been in big trouble for doing what Grama has warned them not to do was kind of tough. Naughty or not--look at that grin. This kid was cracking us up.

He knows Grampa is good for a Hershey Kiss (or SEVERAL) if he was quiet...we pretty much knew where to find him. It happened over an over again until we finally put them up high...but it that didn't stop him. He kept producing more. Finally we realized when he's pulled the jar down he'd spilled enough in the chair that he was just going to the chair "refuel"
Sunday we went to Church with Grampa Chip--by after church Grama was back from her adventures at our house. (And she wasn't mad 😉) It was good to see here but it was way too short of a visit!
We ate dinner and hit the road-we we're San Diego bound....along with every other resident of So California that had been to Vegas for the weekend--YIKES! We weren't even to the Nevada California boarder when the freeway turned into a parking lot! That one slow down alone was going to add an hour and a half to our drive according to our phones and who knows how many other slow downs there were soooo we abandoned our plans took the quickest exit we could in the booming town of Jean NV and scored a cheap hotel room at the Goldstrike casino. (The next night at the hotel in San Diego Cannon said "this one smells way better" I totally agreed!) We got up early the next morning and headed west for the beach! Traffic was much better and the boys LOVED the beach! 
Isaac didn't exactly keep track of the details as far as what time his meetings were (we're not really surprised by that though right?) So by time we left the beach we were kinda bust'n to get to the hotel and Isaac get showered--the rest of us went sandy--and get him to his meetings. Typical!
It was harder to get a cute picture of Cannon because I think he loved it the most! He was so a far away and just love'n those waves!
That night we were able to hit the Mormon Battalion museum which was very well done. The boys loved panning for Gold, the "talking pictures" and camp fire smell bonuses. We stayed in "old town" so it was less that s mile from our hotel-that was nice. And being in Old Town we had to go for Mexican food-it was good too
   
 (I'm always teasing Tanner about his "cheese" smile....I have it too. Oh well)

  
 
Tuesday morning it was back to the beach!
   
Tanner LOVED the birds, he had a goldfish he was going to share, he kept tripping chasing them, then he was COVERED in sand and then all of the sudden it was just like it was like Hmm! Fine! I'll eat! And he did--with a big handful of sand!
  
After that we headed to the USS Midway which we expected to love...and it was cool. But since we'd been on the USS Wasp in New Orleans which was an active ship (and free--that was the part I hated the most, once the $$ was spent Isaac said he didn't care I said "I guess I just think you hate spending money." -Which make me more conscious of it-He answered "I do" ...Ok so I wasn't too far off) Anyway it was cool. The kids had fun. But the Wasp was WAY better. 
  
      
We got back to St. George at about 1:00 AM. Hit Lory's pool for our 1 last day there. We even got Isaac to come! Its nice to have him not studying. I got to go to Paula's...now that's tradition! Tanner was sleeping so he stayed home. Cannon of course wouldn't come if his dad wasn't coming. So we grabbed some to go for them. Tanner says--hey, if you're having Mexican, so am I. Or at least that's what I interpreted him climbing up on the table to mean. 
 
That evening we headed up to Ky and Kami's for a little Un-birthday for Colt (we did that when he was almost 1 too--out at the ranch) anyway it was about 15 degrees cooler and and hour in the right direction so it was fun too see everyone in my family. I loved it. Isaac seemed to enjoy himself too-that's always good. (And the boys are dressed in their picture shirts because I tried to get some head shots of them to be able to update the frames on my wall...but I love it, I'd do the twinner look eveyday if I could.)
  
Colt tasting the balloon. Riley right behind him. Yikes. 
  
My brothers (and Grama) kind missed the he doesn't need presents memo. He of course loved it. I had bought some "squeaker" balloons on clearance at Lins for a quarter. Oh boy! Those plus the harmonica--we had a circus--or a band if you ask the kids. I dunno but it was noisy. Ky said "I don't know what I'm sending to Missouri, but I know its going to make a lot of noise!" Ha
  
We had great time and didn't hurry out of there so we didn't get to Emery Co until about 1:00. Isaac had talked about heading out last night for the long drive. I'm so glad we didn't. So much driving! So we'll take off tonight. In the meantime we've done what we do here! Play hard. Tanner even got in on the driving!
  
Cannon's getting pretty brave on the motorcycle...maybe too brave? I swear I saw him catch a little air! He and his dad like to play "Follow the leader."
Isaac's been able to tinker with his motorcycle a little and help his dad on the truck a little so that's been good. The boys got to cut the succor branches-that was their "work" project. They had a good time. 

  
Last night we got a great little treat as we got to meet up with the Neilson's because they were driving through price. It was so fun!!! We met up at a little park, that quickly gave way to the wave pool next door (maybe that was our plan all along...) I loved getting to visit with Annie. I swear its good for my soul! Largely because her life is my life! Blake and Isaac are so similar that I get it, she gets its. We got to be really good friends in Mississippi. I crazy to think back...we only had Ayla and Cannon and they were so little! Well, Tanner's age when we moved there-exactly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment