Friday, December 1, 2017

After Utah the weeks seem uneventful...ha!
But Saturday we got some more fun in. Here's a picture of a Cannon on the 65, it's a little big for him, but he did good--until he T-boned his cousin Chelsea! Oh my!  While traumatic at first, thankfully no one really got hurt! We just had a lot of kids out there on motorcycles. She came out of a little place  and was going to go up where he was going down but saw him and tried to shoot straight across instead, he saw her but...It  didn't appear that he did anything to avoid the wreck, (he was going down hill and on a bike that was a little too big) I really hope he learned from it though-and to watch not only the trail but where people could be coming from. I really have come full circle on the motorcycles, I'm all for them. I would way rather have that little crash where they were shaken but not hurt then a crash when he was older on a bigger and more dangerous machine. 
 
Colt LOVED getting back on the motorcycle too. He is such a different rider than Cann, he is going to do his loop-and only his loop (ok his loop has one little extension he calls his 2nd loop but that's it) and only one direction. Holy cow we had so many people out there and we ended up parking and everyone stopping and chatting right on one of the corners of "his" loop. I about had 50 heart attacks as he came through the people but we survived. When it's just us another time we'll work in going the other direction again 😉. 
Tanner would stay out there for hours if he could just stand in the side by side and "drive" but he had to share-not exactly his strong point yet. The big kids wanted to drive and I was only game for him riding around if an adult was riding. He loves to drive! 
Thankfully we had perfect weather that kept us from having too much of the screen time version of cousin time--but the boys love that too! (Even if I don't.)
We had a blast! Thanksgiving is just a good holiday!! I'm so thankful we got to spend it with both families this year. It was fantastic, Saturday night we took off and headed for home. (Delayed only by Tanner crushing a bottle of something for Grandpas model airplanes and stinking up the house--yikes! At least it was in the shower and not on the carpet, Brandon found the mess for us when he headed for the shower and about got asphyxiated!)
Anyway the drive went good, even Tanner traveled well until the last hour and a half or so. Monday morning early I went to get milk because we were minus a few essentials and kinda chose to skimp by on Sunday, when I got back unnoticed the flag on our mail box was up. So when the boys were playing Sunday afternoon and we caught a little nap (or tried) they had written Santa a note (our mail box is a little ratty-disregard that- here it is: 
Basically "Santa the tree is in our room this year." They are so funny! I love my kids. I don't know if Santa will go for it with the big new tree in the living room--we'll have to see. 
The writing reminded me to finally update the boys school projects blog 👍 too  though (you can check'm out here if your bored--I'm not near as diligent of a blogger there)
Our big accomplishment of the week--Christmas Lights! (Which weren't going to happen without a Nativity because I didn't want all the fluff without the true meaning of Christmas...but the nativity is in the basement, I'm working on it-but seriously, when? here and there when Colts at school and Tanner's asleep, its slow going. But my favorite part about making the nativity scene is that Colt notices EVERY other nativity around town!)
Anyway back to the lights seeing them around down and putting some up ourselves just reminds me of the boys begging for them last year. Its been really fun to have some to put up. The one night I was standing out in the street and Cannon was riding around on his bicycle (in the dark-made me pretty nervous) but I was stepped back out into the street to kinda see how things were looking and her drives up to me on his bike and say "Hey...I like your Christmas lights." As if he were a passer by, it was so cute and so funny. That kid, he gives me a hard time, but he's so dang cute too. Today after fight 100 and argumentative comment 1 million I told him Santa might be planning on coming but he sure doesn't have to, and he doesn't have to give him anything. To which he sassily replied "Yes he is coming, he has to come and he can bring me a lump of coal." ...don't push me buddy...but "Push Me" seems to be his middle name. UGGGG. I think Heavenly Father is testing me with him...and I'm FAILING!! Dangit. Anyway as far as Christmas-We'll see- We put a list up (which in his sassy rut he told me he would just climb up and tear down) on the cupboard to track behavior, good and bad, Santa's pretty busy this time of year but he can't check mom's list if he needs to when he stops by. Santa's saved gifts for another year before...and he just might again. But I'm off on a tangent...little bit of a vent I guess. Back to those lights and blow ups. SO FUN!
Today we got to play with Sister-which Colt loves because they really are good little buddies and play pretty good together, and we also usually try to do some kind of project when she comes.
 
 
Tonight was the ward party... it was fun to see friends. For the program we mostly HUNG out in the hall...literally.
Brother Time. When Colt styles your hair...its sticks up.
 And speaking of hair styling. Cannon's is all wet in the picture above because he'd been in the bathroom trying to make it look like his buddies. Oh brother. I'm not sure what they were doing but I thought Tanner looking over his shoulder was pretty cute. And some other Tanner fun...sure boys, I'll carry BOTH of your backpacks.
 
 
And yesterday when I realized the nap wasn't happening LONG after it should have been quiet I went in and found him shirtless??? No clue. 
Life's pretty good though. 

Until Next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment