Friday, April 20, 2018

A little farm house...the project begins

It’s official-as of today-we are home owners. The good news is I’m feeling much better about the project than I was last week. I heard more (or rather overheard more) about some of the stories (that I didn’t elaborate on) from last week 😳 oh boy I might not have understood just how hairy things got but I’m happy everything has turned out just fine. So far anyway!
So the week...I got my hair trimmed for the first time in WaaaAAY too long. Colt had told my mom he wanted his hair to stick up so while we were there Grama bought some gel. He meant a Mohawk but when you when you say stick straight up to grama...this is what you get. She didn't know what Jasper's (friend at church) hair looks like.

 
We sure love Grama time though--and trying to steal her phone.  (Also below: when the tickle monster is coming...we practice. They were pretty good.)
Wednesday night the Cub scouts put on a little Carnival. The boys had a blast.
Thursday was Cannons music program at school.

 

And Thursday after the program we got Grampa!!

We hate those through the night flights but not quite as much as we love a good deal! ($15 from Vegas to STL!) Tann cashed in on some belated birthday spank'ns right away--and Cannon is anticipating collecting his.
The boys are loving life out at "the farm" as we've been calling it.
 
Apparently Tanner thinks its pants optional out there...
Tickle Monster and Grampa's Pepsi...2 of our favorite things!
Thursday night we cooked a TON of bacon for the Seminary kids and today they had their once a semester breakfast put on by the bishopric. Our house was FILLED with smoke and the bacon smell might finally be clearing tonight. But hey loved so it was a success. I was able to go help and to make Orange Julius for them because my folks are here so we could leave the kids- that was nice.

As soon as we closed we felt like we could really do something out there...although we were getting a pretty good pile in that dumpster ahead of time--its looking even better (as in more full) now!
And just like that--the project has commenced!!
Wish us luck!


I'm enjoying the heck out of my beginning photography class. But its a late night, then Isaac's always late with mutual on Wednesdays so its two late nights-plus we have Camp meetings every week. Oh boy I'm note sure if I mentioned that here or not but the same day we bought the house I got a new calling. Stake Girls Camp youth leader. Girls camp is 5 days after we have to be out of this house.
We'll see how it all plays out...Anyway its been a blessing to have grama here, we keep putting her to work tending.
 here's a few "homework" pics from photography class
This one was supposed to show motion...it does, now I've just got to get to wear he's not blurry too. 

 I really shouldn't even try to do photography homework inside, above and below were supposed be frozen action pictures of my little basketball man...

And Tanner by the fence was supposed to be lines taking me to the subject. Low ISO. and Rule of Thirds...close...maybe with cropping it...
Lastly Colt asked me why I kept using Tanner for my homework, I answered  "well buddy--you're memory is short, you weren't being super cooperative."
Now maybe we could drum up some decent weather so we don't have to keep wearing coats!. Fingers Crossed.
I'm sure I'll have more stories next week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment