Friday, October 19, 2018

We headed to Nauvoo for Stake Conference and found out as we rolled into town that it was the Scarecrow festival...the boys had fun with that. We dropped Isaac off at his meeting then walked the main street at took pics.

 
After that we made our usual stop at the family living center and even Tanner is getting in on the rope making these days! Cannon practiced his part for the primary program for missionary at the bread station to work her for an extra piece of bread (ha) but it was a good thing because while our plan had been to grab a late lunch Pizza, they didn't open until 4 and while we had rice crispy treat and such--we were getting hungry!
 
After we picked the Pizza and Isaac up we headed back to the condo. Isaac kept saying "Historic Nauvoo, and all you guys want to do is sit in front of the TV" but he too was glued to something they found on the history channel. That smile is because I got caught getting my phone out to take a picture. Before it was eyes glued, mouth hanging slightly open. HA.  The 3 TVs were the hit for the boys though-hands down.
I confess coming back from the Adult session (oh the Williams boys tended ours during that and our kids LOVE them so it was perfect. Treats. TV. Teagan and Andrew...they were sold) but I loved getting to lay in bed and watch the BYU game after that evening session too. I thought...yeah...its probably a good thing we don't have TV!
Both sessions we were were back on the hard chairs, it was certainly no picnic with the boys Sunday but the best thing was KNOWING we would be able to hear. There is so much connection trouble when they broadcast it to Kirksville. I really liked going over-hopefully we'll do it again! After Sundays session we were helping pick up chairs and the boys were awesome helpers. But Colt was running around and ended up on the wrong end of a chair leg being lifted up to hang on the rack. It was rough. One of those cries where I was like...oh that's not a fight-that's hurt! But the smile later was a good one and he decided the shiner was okay because his favorite pup on paw patrol has one eye that is black.
The road in Alexandria was washed out so we had to go up around a longer way, well the boys saw this train on the way but we were busting it to get to Isaac's meeting so on the way back we let them stop and check it out. They loved it. They want to go that way every time. Not happening.

This week I had to get a picture of how I survive self checkout at walmart with Tanner. Let him "Shoot" all the things were are buying. It works pretty good and keeps him from picking up the treats nearby!
Colts school skipped the corn maze this year and had a little activity at the school. My boys loved the goats, no surprise.

There are actually more pictures I was kind of excited about. I had PTC with Colts teacher and she showed me out to actually use the app I downloaded for her class, it was great, she puts pictures lots of things they do in class on there. Now I'll just have to remember to check it-and get them off.
This next pic...just the daily battle around here. I think Tanner's in his underwear because it was close to tubby time...lets go with that anyway! Then below Tanner and Isaac were getting some wood. I think the plan is to actually get a truck load today. Isaac's been pretty into that darn stove project, but it will be good to have an alternative head source if he can get it working (I think he might want to be the main source...either way-whatever) He didn't have to work Thursday or Friday and that was very much his focus. Well, that and the zip line. I didn't waste my time buying -or finding our old- smoke alarms because it always smells super smokey but I did buy a carbon monoxide monitor!

I told the kids I would take them to Lego day at the library again, they had a blast, the trick is just remembering when the 3rd Thursday is. I loved this top picture where they wouldn't even look up and Tanner is "reading" in the background. HA. but they were pretty serious about building a lego "Titanic"

Complete with an iceberg, rescue ship, and life boats!
Then it Homecoming for the high school. Its a big deal in this little town. The parade was really fun and we ended up standing by the Moodys so I had a great time visiting with Michelle.
We actually went to the game too, but it was a little cold so we bailed, and listened to them blow it on the radio instead. Bummer.
Anyway--I think that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment