Sunday, November 25, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018 (pic overload)

We are home now but our little hot spot we use for Internet is our in the van and it’s a blizzard outside -they canceled school for tomorrow- so I’m leaving it there and I’ll just be Pecking away on my phone. So forgive the extra typos, I’m determined to get this posted. 
We had a great time in Huntington. Below Colt is playing with a circut he built using some fun kits Grampa’s friend Tom gave the boys. And then Tanner in his happy place-on the “Rubble” (the name of the dog that wears yellow on paw patrol) 4 wheeler. He would sit on that thing all day—interrupted only by trips inside to ask if he can start it and go for a ride! 



These next two pictures are from Saturday but were cuter before we still had a flat tire Monday morning because he only plugged one hole and there were at least 3. His dad had strongly encouraged him to fix it right and I had asked him about the other cut spots but he said “I can’t do anything about it if their not leaking.” Uhhhh I guess it turns out they were leaking. 



In the end we bought 2 new tires in Price Monday after exhausting every possible other option. Would’ve been my first option but whatever. He enjoys calling every place asking about price, if they’ll work with him, asking about used and on and on and on. I hate it but whatever it’s water under the bridge now. And I shopped while I waited for the tires...so that probably backfired as far as trying to get the best deal...just say’n. 
Back to happy things! Tan did get a couple rides on that 4 wheeler, they found a fun pile of leaves. They took my motorcycle for a spin to make sure it was still running too (oh and a fat lip from a side by side ride when dad hit a crazy bump-bummer-should’ve had a helmet on!) 


We enjoyed a couple hikes on the desert!!







Little lizards sunning on the rocks! 


Shawn and Lauren came down Saturday. The boys had fun playing with Uncle Shawn and Aliyah! I think they asked about every cousin individually-if they were going to get to see them. Aliyah was the only “yes” this year. 



They call this thing “the Robo car” and they LOVE IT. They played with it for hours and dad let them take it to church! Cannon was a sport to be the motor😂

Monday afternoon we went to St George! Man that does my soul good! (I don’t want to be twice a year people but this year that was about it. Well plus one night that hardly counted.) anyway we had a blast! 




While the other boys were sleeping on the drive down Tanner was planning his trip to the feed yard with Grampa. I didn’t get pics that night but this guy is a great little helper, he loves to feed!



Grama has a fun ice cream and slushy maker! Then more fun up at Grampa’s corrals (aka his Sandbox) he saddled up Monty and everything! The weather was PERFECT!!! 












Dad and the boys worked an rerouting the drainage from “Sugar Pomd” a little. And the good little feeder is not to shabby with a cattle prod either! I guess he saw Grampa thump the old bull across the nose with it and he wanted a turn. Ha! 

Tuesday night we had Grama’s annual donut party!!! 
Crafts -Pizza-The cousins gift exchange cuz we won’t be there at Christmas-Matching pajamas-and a sleepover because Grama either has nerves of steel or really really loves those grandkids. Ok it’s the latter. It was fun fun fun for the kids though (and maybe I could work on developing my nerves of steel-ha) 






Last year my boys wore their Jamas exactly 2 times. The night she gave them to them and Christmas Eve-such a waste- so this year I influenced Grama to go the shorts and a T-shirt route. Then I put the little snowmen on the black shirts to coordinate with the girls. I’m biased but-I think they turned out cute. 
Isaac was a trooper and helped with Christmas lights. Especially important after the project almost killed Grampa last year. This years injury was much milder but after Tanner watched his dad toss an extension cord up on the roof he tried to follow suit and caught all 3 prongs right below his eye. And boy was he mad at that cord! Poor little guy! We are so thankful it didn’t get him in the eye-it was close. 



A little more feed yard fun. Isaac got that 4 wheeler running, Grampa was happy but I think Tanner was happier! 



This is a random pic I didn’t know where to put but both Tanner and Colton loved helping pick out pomegranates! (And Cannon found the label marker and marked him) 

I love getting pics of my boys with my Grandma! We went over Wednesday night and got to see Harv and Kay too but I was glad Grandma could come for thanksgiving! Isaac had her telling stories too-I wished I had been writing them down but I was busy making potatoes! 



Thursday afternoon the boys took the kids shooting! Cannon LOVED that and Tann got to chase a few more cows then that evening we hit the road and headed backwards to Huntington. We got ripped off of our extra day in Huntington because of the weather we decided we needed to get on the road sooner than that evening. Isaac wrapped up a few things he wanted to do and we took off. (The boys and I slipped I a fun board game with Grandma though) it was a Book of Mormon game that was pretty cute. 

We didn’t get out soon enough though. We still got stuck in yucky weather with snowy road and ski traffic and in the dark up over Vail pass in Colorado. It was about a 2 hour delay and we think the slow and go and stop and what not with heads down watching the tablets made the kids car sick. Ug. I caught 3 different rounds of puke! Tanner twice and Colt once. But we do have a lot to be thankful for I caught all three in grocery bags and we were able to seal them off and not have to smell it! 
Other than that our trip was smooth. Yesterday we caught naps and helped clean the church. Today I felt like the travel lag really caught up with us but we survived. 
And a few pics from here: Cann in singing time. I don’t know if it’s appropriate to take pics but I couldn’t resist! 

And I mentioned these if then statements last week I know I already posted Colts but it’s so cute with his shirt and tie on. 









And we still need a pic of Isaac, but that’s about it. 
It’s a Blizzard here today and they canceled school for tomorrow so surely I’ll have something fun to post next week 😉





No comments:

Post a Comment