Friday, July 19, 2019

Fun and Busy Summer days!

When Isaac is gone (youth conference this weekend) it sure helps me appreciate all he does-sheesh these boys are running me ragged! It’s been another busy week. Sat we headed for Nauvoo. We went via Cantil so I could get a white shirt like I wanted for Tanner  (and of course return the one I bought for Isaac the collars on his white shirts are so ratty but silly me thinking I could venture from his norm.) Anyway going the Iowa route took us by the free ice cream place, the boys were pumped but Isaac talked to the owner for 40 min!!! Therefore I just ran in and ran out at Dutchman’s. Definitely cheapest trip to that store ever! Anyway we were barely going to make it to meet the Bakers at the temple at 1:00 and we pulled onto the bridge at Fort Madison only to realize we weren’t going anywhere!!! The middle of the bridge was swinging out into the Mississippi River so a tugboat could push some massive barges through. I hate being late but...it was REALLY cool. Of course I wished we had stayed in our vehicle as the signs directed but...not Isaac. They had to get out for a better look-and to wave. 




We did make it to Nauvoo about 20 minutes later and we had a fun day there with the Bakers 




And it really anybody’s guess what pics I’ll find on from Sunday morning...

Monday we had some friends over, holy Cow it was like friend abuse. It was so blazing hot, well only low 90s but add humidity and not a drop of shade...that big slip’n slide wasn’t that fun! None of the kids that even did it were really big enough to do it on their own. My phone took a ride down it. Whoops. And we couldn’t drag any of the boys away from the “tree house” Finally were we’re like oh shade hallelujah let’s zip line, but Belle had drug something dead over and dropped it right where we get on the zip line. Gross.  I had Cannon get the shovel and get rid of it, then we’re all sitting there and there was a dead mouse right at Michaila’s feet. This place! I swear! To say I was embarassed is a major understatement!!! Oh and our friends 4yr old little girl, the silage smell was burning her nose—not like oh ha you’ll get used to it—she was dying! Again, I swear, this place! When I was telling Isaac about debacle after debacle he just kept doing his little Teeheehee laugh that he does when any normal person would be mortified and he just thinks it’s funny. We did conclude our house is really fun for younger kids... And it’s not always oh hey farmhouse fun, sometimes it’s like yuck why would anyone live in this stinky place and can we go home. Oh well. 
Bottom line-We love will miss the Potters, probably should’ve had them out for dinner long ago instead of trying to force the redneck fun on them last minute. Oh well, they are great friends! And it was the first time I’d ever hooked anyone up on the zip line—we’ll call that part a win. (The kids did all love the zip line but 1 at a time, long wait for 30 seconds of fun and the mower had a flat so that was a lot of pulling them back up the hill for me.) 
Tuesday Cannons buddy from baseball came out to ride motorcycles with him. It was super fun, great family! 



Cannon is sitting on the bridge in the treehouse but it’s changed a lot even since I took this picture. Isaac found them a bunch of wood out in the barn—they’ve been having a blast. 
Cannon got to go over to Daxton’s  one day...ahhh they have a snake! Yikes! Yuck! 

Of course Cannon loved it.
Cannon got to play football under the lights at the high school for one of his buddies birthdays. He had a good time. Colt—totally his own fault but he just didn’t know what to do, then he was MAD about it—but he got the worst end of Dax and Cannon trying to get ready for the flag football game. 




Thursday the Baker kids came over again and Isaac headed for youth Conference. 
So it’s survival mode😉
Sethy got to try some rice cereal—his brothers LOVED feeding him



I’d say he was less than sold on the whole deal. However he is FINALLY starting to like his bath, that kick’n and splash’n business is pretty fun. 



Seth was on my lap so a picture was kinda tough but Tan likes to get forehead to forehead and talk to Seth then give him a kiss. Tan Tan my tan little cutie man, Seth doesn’t seem particularly amused. 
Dollar jobs!!! I can get away with only paying them a dollar for this because the WANT to run the pressure washer—win win. 



And it really does look a TON better...oh and that is a canteen carrier Cannon is wearing on his head. Don’t ask me! He thought it looked like an army hat. 
Pool fun. 

And last but not least-this might be more for the farmhouse blog but Isaac left and I tackled a project!! I hate things being unfinished (if your laughing your tail off because we live HERE....I KNOW) but I couldn’t take our shower any more! I hated it and I just looked at and hated that miss match and ugly colors every single time I showered. The plan was always to do something that’s why we didn’t paint all the way down. So anyway-I took all four kids to Home Depot and bought some stickers and did something about it!!! And I have a new shower curtain in the Amazon cart (but I didn’t think there was any sense in making someone work on Sunday so I’ll have it show up after we get back from Utah.) 

I don’t know how long it will last but I like it for now. Watch out—I might buy siding for the front porch next...hmmm
Now do I go to bed or work on my list since the troops are finally asleep? Probably better do a little of both. 






No comments:

Post a Comment