Friday, July 12, 2019

Holy cow, we've had a busy busy week. Fun though--and I took a TON of pictures...so lots of collages and not a lot of explanation just cuz after so much fun...I'm tired.
They've had the motorcycles out. Isaac and Cannon are eyeing a little bigger one for him. We'll see.
 

Chore charts and goofing around.

I kinda like this Sethy boy! Oh and that bottom left pic...he's been chewing on his tongue. Silly goose! I can't remember if it was Colt of Tanner that had my phone but I had a LOT of pics of Seth and I playing. He's at such a cute fun reactive stage!
Saturday they boys were going to go shooting real quick and then Isaac and I were going to try one of our 50 yard date walks. HA. I stayed in the house with Tanner who was asleep and Seth. Oh Tanner sleeping. The kid NEVER naps but he was a bear and wanted milk. I gave him milk and he threw a fit because it cold not warm. (Side note as disgusting as I think it is now I always wanted my milk warm as a kid, but because I think it is so gross I had NEVER put it in the microwave for any of my kids...even though my mom always did for me, my Sister in law did for my niece and so on.) Back to little Mr. Beast man, he said he would only drink it if it was warm, I asked if it warm will you drink it on your bed? He said he would and it turned into a nap! Glorious! And so simple I was wondering why I hadn't done it sooner???? Who cares if I think its gross? Anyway so since Saturday I've warmed up a lot of milk. Whatever. Back to shooting. "Real Quick" turned into HOURS, and Tanner woke up. I said something like "Man those guys are taking forever shooting." Whoops. He wanted to go to. So we found him some shoes and I called Isaac to let him know he was headed down, and he said "Oh Ray stopped by." So shooting turned into visiting and that's why it took so long. He invited them over to go shoot his guns too. They had a blast and Seth and I eventually walked down to join them. He also invited us out to the lake for Monday. Such a nice guy. We had a good time. (And even got to share with him about how Jonathan Browning was a member of the church-cool right?)
I take a lot of pictures, but so does Ray! He's so great to send me the ones he gets too.
Sunday we busted out a new suit for Colt. I bought the one Cannon is wearing for Colt but it was HUGE, this one I actually got after Easter on a killer deal (just my style right) but I thought it would be too big for Colt so he's just been wearing the black one we got from Eric, but I figured if we're going grey for Ison family pictures we might as well try it--and it fit him perfect. He looks pretty sharp right?
So now all the boys (well except Seth but I'm going to try...) have grey suits so that will leave Isaac the odd man out wearing black. Oh well. You know good and well I wanted to buy him a new one...and you know he thought that was unreasonable and certainly unnecessary. Oh well. Actually... Cannon has the one I had originally bought for Colt but-I don't love it. He wears it EVERY week...he has 3 little brothers!!! Its totally reasonable for me to buy him one I actually like, right? NO?...I've held off so far but...no promises. 
That evening we went for a walk with the Bakers and SOMEONE missed the memo that it was BEDTIME. But look how dang cute he is...Mr. Big Shot holding his own bottle.

Monday we did hit the Lake with Ray, oh and Isaac went into work so I braved the grocery store(s) with 4 kids. Walmart went great. Aldi DISASTER I wanted to string them up. Seriously climbing on the water bottle displays. They embarrass me. We don't need groceries that bad--I'll wait until Isaac gets home--but we needed Fajita stuff cuz that was the plan, fajitas on the lake. They turned out pretty darn good too!


Then just random fun. A little basketball with his brothers. And leave a set a scriptures around and 2 different kids picked them up--Seriously just snapped both pics, no staging! I loved they were both pointing, too cute. Read on boys!!



We have our share (or more than our share) of brothers brawls but I sure love it when they all play nice together too. 
Tuesday we had a little water party with friend at the Potters and that evening Bro Baker took Colt and Cannon to play a little wiffle ball and we worked on getting the slip'n slide going. If was pretty bumpy but once we figured our the pool ring-giddy up. It was dang fun. Wednesday was a ward activity out here in weeding the garden then everyone got to stay and play (slip'n slide zip line pool and so on) Isaac when on the tube (the kids call it a "bouy") Tuesday but Wednesday he could not be slowed down by that! 
Oh Tuesday I also made a fantastic last second decision to go play basketball. It was super fun.
Cannon and Daxton got to see each other and play at the Potter and wanted to hang out more so we had Dax over on Wednesday. He really is a sweet kid and did a great job of caring about the younger boys too. His mom-I LOVE HER! But her house A: brand new B: CLEAN!!!!! It was hilarious, the boys come stomping through after slip'n sliding feet wet and muddy grass all over them Dax was like "I'll wait here on the porch." I just laughed and said "Thank you, you're a sweet heart, but come on in, we'll deal with it later." Oh I was helping them in the "tree house" but I needed someone to hold Seth and he said "My hand are so dirty." Ummm not a problem here buddy! Anyway he had a great time though and even said "I wish I lived here." Wait, WHAAAAT? I wish I lived at his house. Its all about perspective right? And it was a nice reminder-we live in little boy heaven!!!! I knew it wasn't my dream house going in. But its perfect for my 4 little boys and 1 big one! Oh and I feel like I can post everything I hate about our house on the farmhouse blog as like as I include that Dax said he wished he lived here. That's fair right? hahaha
Thursday we hung out with the Baker kids.


Somehow I don't know if I blogged about the bow--but Cannon and his dad went in on one. ;)

And today we met some friends at the park for a sweltering little play date then went down to Saige's little birthday party this afternoon. The kids had a blast! Cupcakes. Water. AND a Pinata, it was a good time!
I know there's more but that's all I can remember for now so good enough.
Oh we decided this afternoon to go to Nauvoo tomorrow-which will be great but I tell you, we stay busy! I really think we are having a fantastic summer though. So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment