There was one other lady I recognized from Kirksville but can’t figure out where I know her from.
Anyway after that we slipped up to Quincy but after 1 store and 4 kids and we didn’t really anything Grama and I were like eh we’re good. We got fazollis and came home...oh and bribed the kids with a dollar that they quickly turned into a Hot Wheel to fall asleep on the drive.
When we got home Isaac was already gone to Nauvoo but he had left at some ridiculous hour (like 3:00am) or something with Brother Scillian and this is what they brought back:
“New” motorcycles. A Harley for dad and a 65 for Cannon
And it’s all I can do to refrain from putting the picture of Tanner peeing on dad’s new motorcycle here...well not on it but close.
So that was Saturday and naturally we had to ride it Sunday. 


We ran a few of his church errands on it. The best part of Sunday was when Isaac crawled into bed and said “honey I’ve been thinking about your birthday...” This is huge! Isaac is not a gift guy, not at all, (too bad that’s very much my love language huh? But for him to say this I could have done a stink’n cartwheel (he thinks most holidays are stupid ways to get people to waste money) so for him to have been thinking about my birthday...it didn’t even matter that he followed it up with “...and I’ve got nuthin.” So true-he had no idea what to do which makes some other years make more sense. But we settled on getting me a vinyl cutting machine which I am very excited about —and trying to figure out exactly what I want— dang maybe I should hope he buys himself a motorcycle every year right before my birthday. Wait. NO. I did not say that!! Actually my friend said it best “Another motorcycle? How many does he need?” Ha yeah no kidding but the answer to that is going to different depending on who you ask!
We ran a few of his church errands on it. The best part of Sunday was when Isaac crawled into bed and said “honey I’ve been thinking about your birthday...” This is huge! Isaac is not a gift guy, not at all, (too bad that’s very much my love language huh? But for him to say this I could have done a stink’n cartwheel (he thinks most holidays are stupid ways to get people to waste money) so for him to have been thinking about my birthday...it didn’t even matter that he followed it up with “...and I’ve got nuthin.” So true-he had no idea what to do which makes some other years make more sense. But we settled on getting me a vinyl cutting machine which I am very excited about —and trying to figure out exactly what I want— dang maybe I should hope he buys himself a motorcycle every year right before my birthday. Wait. NO. I did not say that!! Actually my friend said it best “Another motorcycle? How many does he need?” Ha yeah no kidding but the answer to that is going to different depending on who you ask!
Monday the Baker kids came over. Tuesday we...partied? Not really, my Mr. I’ve got nuthin put up siding outside the front door!!!! Wahoo!!!!
For more on that check the farmhouse blog.
Sethy loved playing in the window and the boys built a fort.
Anyway it was a good day! Grama and Grampa hooked me up with some chairs for the porch and a couple folding tables. Gramas plan had been a picnic table since the one we have is pretty gross but then she saw the goats up on it and was like “no way” but we went to lunch we went to Walmart...it is Kirksville after all...bought Pizza for dinner and went down to the church and played Volleyball with friends. All in all good day. Wednesday’s are busy with football and scouts but I dunno what else, we slipped down to lunch with Colt again Thursday. Bout it.
Some of the rest of the weeks shenanigans
Tanner wanted to ride the motorcycle to school he was so excited but once he got on he got scared and I took him to school.
But today he rode into work with Isaac for a mtg
Oh it was awful!!! I think he’s to little and it’s not safe (riding 6 blocks from Truman was more acceptable to me) but my mom sent me a picture-fine-I thought they rode around the house. But then she said “they left” and I was like “They???? What the heck?!?!” She stayed with Seth and the plan was Tanner too while I grabbed the boys from school. But coming back from school there was a wreck on the bypass and I got rerouted, I couldn’t get ahold of him because he left his phone with Tanner and went to his meeting. Needless to say I imagined the worst and was so upset. Thankfully everyone was fine but I tried to explain to Isaac he just took at least 3 years off my life, he says “why?” Totally doesn’t get it. Sigh.
That was today’s worst news.
In other good news Tanner had a play date with the Moody’s and Cannon had football. Oh and the nicest thing happened today a random knock at the door and Sis Gilchrist brought me these sweet flowers!!!
So nice huh?
Oh and Cannon finally got to ride that new bike-he can start it himself he was pretty proud.
I don’t know what else but Nauvoo tomorrow and no end in sight with Seth tonight-man he hasn’t been sleeping very good lately! Oh well-I mean who really needs sleep anyway???? Wait. Me. I do!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment