Of all the things I could type tonight—all that matters is they’re gone!!!! The stupid goats are gone!!!! I am so happy! Seriously it erased so much of the crappy parts of the week! No more crawling in the back of the van just so I could shut the door quickly enough they couldn’t get in. (Then from there strapping Seth in and crawling up to the driver seat) No more poop EVERYWHERE (I say no more but at least not until next time Isaac gets a goat idea) he cleaned the front porch for me one day but the next day it rained so they laid there and pooped some more-it’s everywhere. Sunday some friends brought a treat and Isaac said afterward “that crap everywhere is kindof embarrassing huh?” YES!!!!! It is! And hopefully no more poison ivy for Isaac-it’s been bad! The goats love it but then the “friendly” little buggers rub up against him and that stuff just penetrates his skin and wreaks havoc later! It’s crazy!
So today the goat owners came and got them. Yay! Yay! And YAY!!!!
When they were here or supposed to be here or whatever Isaac went outside and when he came back in I said “Am I a happy mom?” He said (in a tone like he would say about himself “oh I’m always a happy dad” or something like that) anyway he said “oh your always...” voice trails off. Hahaha because he knew he couldn’t lie about me always being happy! He knows better, and yesterday was NOT a happy day! He knows better and the kids were all right there and they would have called him on it too!
Ha -
Anyway! They are gone, making me YES-a happy mom!
So back to the week
Home Depot day and Conference. (Check out Seth looking on)
Isaac and Cannon did service all day while they listened. That night Colt and Tanner went to family fun night with the Bakers. I went to the women’s session at the church, Isaac was like oh bummer I’d really rather Sis Baker go to that meeting than take our kids to family fun night so I said well she’s going to family fun night regardless because she promised Emma but I see the easy solution to this is you take all the kids to family fun night with Emma too 🤷♀️
Just before the meeting part started (we did a little dinner before) but Naomi text me and said Isaac had gone down and offered to take over so she could come! So good for him! It worked out!
I enjoyed conference. The boys have listened better other times...probably need to up my game. I definitely have a vision of what I would like it to be like but we’re definitely not there, in fact I’m not even convinced we’re facing the right direction but sometimes I just need to adjust my expectations. Here they are watching “how it’s made videos” between and after conf. Then a little walk.
Monday we went over to Jaggers and the kids got to shoot his new youth size 243. Ray shared a whole album of pics with me but these are the only ones I had on my phone, it’s late, I’m tired, good enough.
We had to drive down there cuz we couldn’t walk without the goats following us. I’m so glad they are gone!!!!
It’s been homecoming weeks so lots of dressing up and that kindof thing. Cann got to be in the parade. We were on the wrong side but he did wave back our way. We froze our tails off at the ball game...
Oh and some friends came to the ward garden before the hard freeze tonight-Tann loved having friends over!! (Especially nice on Friday’s he HATES not getting to go to school)

Colt got to bob for apples and had all kinds of apple fun-he his loving kindergarten. He looked forward to Friday all week.

Colt got to bob for apples and had all kinds of apple fun-he his loving kindergarten. He looked forward to Friday all week.
Seth is crawling crawling! Then he stops and sits like this the big boys ask why he’s leaning I just tell them he’s just figuring stuff out. Oh and somebody talked me into playing checkers. When we were done he told me “mom, I’m so glad I won” watch it buddy you probably don’t want to get my competitive blood pumping. Haha! 

And maybe I shouldn’t post this one. But what the heck. Isaac had fall break so off work Thurs and Friday he was in project mode but...that’s not typically good for me. Oh and we had the roof bid but then he was talking about just doing it himself-now he’s getting another bid. That was separate from the I think I’ll paint-oh first I need to sand-we start cleaning off the shelves in the hallway there 1/2 way through, do you want me to line you out on grading test? What are we going to do with this trim, or that, we need one more piece here, oh wait I should fix this floor before I paint. Maybe we can just switch these doors and use that one that wouldn’t need to be primed. Measured them-no go. We can’t even paint because we can’t find the paint trays. Maybe we should build in a linen closet.
And maybe I shouldn’t post this one. But what the heck. Isaac had fall break so off work Thurs and Friday he was in project mode but...that’s not typically good for me. Oh and we had the roof bid but then he was talking about just doing it himself-now he’s getting another bid. That was separate from the I think I’ll paint-oh first I need to sand-we start cleaning off the shelves in the hallway there 1/2 way through, do you want me to line you out on grading test? What are we going to do with this trim, or that, we need one more piece here, oh wait I should fix this floor before I paint. Maybe we can just switch these doors and use that one that wouldn’t need to be primed. Measured them-no go. We can’t even paint because we can’t find the paint trays. Maybe we should build in a linen closet.
I was going crazy
Then he told me I had a bad attitude.
Yep! I do—we haven’t done ANYTHING more out on the siding except leave it out there to get dirty and tromped by the goats. Or the thresholds-I finally bought one and stained it, $7, we’ve lived with that ugly mess for this long when it was a $7 fix. It still needs polyurethane so it’s still an ugly mess for Seth to dig in, so gross! Anyway I was mad. Mad. Mad. Not always a happy mom. I didn’t help with anything after I snapped but... he’s persistent and has been kicking butt on things (as in a long list of random and changing projects) and it really does look a million times better. So here’s the pic that reminded me of that little rant-at least Tan would help him.


And like I started with, the goats are gone! It’s a good day! Who cares about what else may have happened!! I’m a happy mom now. Good enough.
And like I started with, the goats are gone! It’s a good day! Who cares about what else may have happened!! I’m a happy mom now. Good enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment