Ok before I get started I have to tell a quick story, its really from last week but I forgot. This week I didn't get to play basketball with my friends but last week it was just me and one friend from the other ward so we just shot around and chatted. It was really pretty fun and good to chat. Well something came up about Christmas and Isaac and she said "Oh yeah isn't he the guy who doesn’t believe in holidays?" Hahaha. I was like well....(I mean we do call him the "celebrater hater" sometimes but...not believe in seemed a little harsh) Anyway then she told me that when they first moved here (med school)they came to our ward the first week and he said he didn't believe in holidays or something like that...Way to leave you mark Honeybear. But I do remember it. It was Fathers Day and he had to find the speakers that month and he asked the girls who went to girls camp and their leader to speak. When the leader got up she said "If you are wondering why we're talking about camp on fathers day...so are we." Then at the close of the meeting Isaac thanked them their talks and basically said he didn't do holidays. BUT invited others to explain why he should and Brother Gillette did give him a good reason but it used some fancy term and I never remember it...even though its an argument I really like. But funny huh...his lasting impression, the guy who doesn't "believe" in Holidays. Ha.
Anyway...
Last Saturday I had to run to Walmart and grab some stuff to make a few things I’d signed up to take to a funeral. ...and since the lady was putting out fresh (yum) donuts—and since our cousins were having a donut party in Utah. We got in on the fun.
😋
The funeral took up a LOT of Isaac's day.
Sunday I was like oh crud we need pics for a Christmas card...should’ve been done weeks ago. So the boys threw these hats on for the small price of a piece of gum. Then that night watching the First Presidency's Christmas devotional when Elder Kearon said something about not sending Christmas cards this year I thought, BINGO. That was the best plan.
So this here’s the would have been card pics...
On the blog is basically as a good as a card anyway right?
This kid gets into EVERYTHING!! But he prefers toilet paper—so proud.
Random pics from the week. Cannon dressing Seth up with his Snowman scarf and a pic of how Colt does the scary parts....


Wednesday was a LONG day. It had been a while since we'd done basketball with Colt's group so we sent out the group text. Well after school Cannon innocently went into the bathroom. But the flusher on the urinal got stuck and flooded the bathroom. I couldn't get a hold of Isaac but I AM his wife so I looked up a YouTube video. Well while trying to pop the little cap off (with a butter knife I swiped from the kitchen) I hit the dang thing and it finally stops. Phew. There's a lot of water but its all contained on the tile and I can see 2 drains so we just carried on with basketball (a 1/2 hour later) Bad plan. I didn't know they drains weren't the low spots. Welcome to Missouri it rains and floors and foundations shift. So after basketball I don't even know who found it but all that stink'n water had run underneath an interior wall and out on the hallway floor. It was soaked. Totally preventable if I had just went and got a mop....But I had know idea it would run, I thought it was draining. Anyway they ended up having to do an emergency work order and that is all I know.
Isaac was frustrated (cuz he did come later) but thankfully Michaila was there! She just made me feel better because she was like "You didn't know, it not your fault, there's no blame." So her being there helped me not feel at fault and him to realize it was fine to be frustrated at the mess and at the situation but nothing good was going to come out of being frustrated with me. Thankful for friends!!! But as we were sopping up water with the towels off the van seats, that night quickly turned into Domino's night. Cannon had scouts later (we didn't go to the very last pack meeting because its just too late but he went and had a great time.) After Pizza before the younger boys and I took off, we saved a work order at the church too. I guess its fine right? Members use to build the chapels. Isaac just nailed a piece of trim that had fallen back up. And I'll tell you what, that little Seth likes to help his dad! And I could just look at that grin forever!!! (But its a little mischievous and often times I'm to busy cleaning up after than grin instead of enjoying it.)


So Wednesday was a little crazy. Thursday was Piano and we hung out with the Pettits. Then later I had RS. Today Tan was my helper man. (He's my little shopper bud...but I don't let him buy any of the stuff he wants--just ask him. Somehow we still came home with M&M's and juice boxes...I think I'm pretty dang soft int he treat department.) He LOVED feeding Sethy pears and oatmeal today...and stacking my dishes in the dish drainer-before they were washed.
Today we did bball with Cannon's age at the church, it was a good turnout and we had fun. Tonight we went down to Callao to look at Christmas lights with the Bakers. It was a bit of a drive but I pretty sweet place. We had fun. And Tan got to drive home on the dirt road!
Tomorrow we start basketball games. (It was good to have some other kids play with us today I thought oh maybe we are getting better...but we still have plenty to work on.) And I've been playing with my new toy. SO SO SO MUCH FUN. I LOVE IT! I made the little Bro's shirts to wear to Cann's games. Cuz why not? Cuz I can!
I think that's about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment