Friday, November 20, 2020


Is it fair to say we’ve had the most Ison week ever... or is that every week? ...maybe...

Isaac and Cannon went hunting Saturday morning. They were back by 7:30-so I still had to make breakfast (darn-just kidding-everyone loves it when I make biscuits and gravy on Saturday morning but if they hadn’t come home we totally would have had pop tarts. Ha) Then Isaac was laying on the living room floor stretching his back or something when he decided it was drafty. *the farmhouse is always drafty and super cold when the wind blows-it’s life- * But quite naturally that led to a project and him tearing something apart. 
(Sigh...)
They decided to move the door frame over...





But really I should count my blessings this project was started AND FINISHED in the same day. Hallelujah! 
That evening they went back out hunting. I was feeling pretty good about things since they’d come home so quickly and empty handed that morning. 
But as I was fixing dinner Isaac came in with a big ole smirk on his face saying he’d “never experienced anything like it” come to find out it was part of hunting white tail instead of mule deer-that they’re more aggressive or something. But Isaac was wound up when he came in! (Here’s the Lyndi version) I guess they were down wind from this little buck so he couldn’t really smell them and he just kept coming closer and closer-looking up at them checking them out then getting another bite of to eat until it was about 15 yards from them. Isaac didn’t think Cann was ever going to pull the trigger (and he was going to have to shoot it before it attacked them 🤣) Cannon just explains how his heart was pounding so dang hard. But I guess finally it turned broadside and got to be about 20 yards away and Cann shot it. So then they came home and ate dinner and got headlamps and the brothers and went back to look for it. (Oh they were hunting in the neighbors field about 2 miles from here.) The Bryant’s came to help. The troops were pumped. Thankfully Brad (Neff our neighbor) wasn’t busy and came over and helped them work it up. Everyone was digging it-well except me but I will admit the anticipation of them getting a deer was worse than them actually getting one. 









Honestly...I could do without the pics but...they love it and it was a big part of our week. So here’s a few more...







But really I’m not a big dead head person! 
So moving on! 
That night the bathroom light was on so I went to turn it off and there was Tanner-asleep on the bathroom step...????....too far to walk back to bed? I guess the deer fun wore them out! 
Sunday Colt tied his own tie!! And this is how we do singing time these days. 



Oh and Cann was the spotlight for primary so I logged on to FB posted his spotlight-let them watch singing time. Then re-deactivated my account. I’m not sure how I’m going to fulfill President Nelson’s challenge from today to flood social media with what we’re thankful for...cuz right now I’m thankful to NOT have social media #givethanks 😉

Anyway Monday...more deer (#givethanks for the Neff’s and the Bryant’s!!!) and Tuesday we had fried deer steaks for dinner. 



Colt has been begging for us to do a full blown Family Home Evening complete with song, prayers, lesson, and mostly with a special treat and activity. I’m like Ug man, we do Come Follow Me every night...but I told him we could do it if we actually planned it-it couldn’t be a fly by the seat of our pants thing. So Sunday he and I planned a lesson about captain Moroni and the armor of God and planned to do it Tuesday (knowing we would be dealing with the deer Monday and Wednesday dad had YM/YW) The boys loved it. In fact I felt a little guilty because really we do Come Follow Me every night which in my mind is like a mini FHE right? Good enough! But what the boys really loved was the activity and the treat. Oh yeah...I guess our normal everyday thing pretty much just factors out the fun parts. Whoops. I told Colt as long as we plan it ahead of time yes we can do it every week. (And I can try to make CFM more fun too—) 



(Oh and even Sethy was pretty darn cute pounding his fist as we sang Book of Mormon stories) 

These two goods in their “boat” and the “turtle car” I guess it was slow 🤣



Seth loves to chase the blowing leaves then stomp on them when we walk Tan into school. It’s pretty dang cute. 



Tonight my friend cut my hair then offered to tend our kids while we went on a date-sold! #givethanks! She’s the best! And the kids had so much fun! 
And last but not least a little Friday night hoopla!! They built this fort last night but we wouldn’t let them sleep in it on a school night-even if it is just online school- but tonight—game on! They were pumped! 
(Note Colts arm waving far right 🤣) 

Speaking of online school Colt is getting to where he can do more and more himself so that’s nice. Also our hot spot had reset so I actually got to have my phone-that was nice too. But it’s almost out of high-speed again already and it’s only been a week. Ug.  
But in other exciting news Grandma Ison is on her way! So I’m sure we’ll have some thanksgiving fun to report on next week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment