Tan joined us when he got back!
We sure love matchy shirts 🤣
And if I don’t post this exact picture every week...just know I could. It’s life around here. Sometimes I think it’s cute and sometimes it drives me crazy and I’d like to throw that dumb phone out the window. The fact that I have a picture probably means I thought it was cute this time 😉 oh and Isaac’s suited up on Saturday that reminds me. He had to...got to... probably all depends on your perspective but I’m pretty sure that was his first time performing a marriage. Ha-way to go bish! Thankfully we didn’t have to go!!
Above the boys were figuring out the webcam-you’d have thought with such practice it wouldn’t have been an issue 2 of our 3 days of online school. Well-it was. And below they finally finished that tank!
A while back one of the boys asked me what rap music was.
Uhhh I don’t listen to that garbage! So I answered by saying “oh you know that one song on our primary cd when the talk really fast and it’s just kind of obnoxious” well that was dumb-it totally made it their favorite song. So...here’s a little taste of what the ride home from church looks like for us 🤣
Monday and Tuesday we had a “pause” from learning while the teachers got ready to become online teachers. We had a great couple of days!!! Monday we had friends out all day-some came in the morning, some in the afternoon. It was great! The kids were outside all day, we zip lined, played catch, they found their way up to the hayloft in the big barn-all kinda of good fun. And Tuesday we went to Jacoby’s house-they could’ve stayed forever!!
The start of my week wasn’t quite as blissful I had to go Monday morning for a fasting blood draw because I still itch like crazy so they wanted to re-check my liver. Then Monday night they called and told me I failed (well really I was right on the edge) on the 1 hour glucose test that they’d done last Friday so they wanted me to do the 3 hour test and that meant going in again Tuesday morning for 4 more blood draws! Good grief! I’m so tired of being a pin cushion. I hate getting my blood taken! Hopefully I’m done for a while. I did pass the 3 hour one and my liver function test came back good—oh and Dr Speak stopped me in the hall to tell me he’d called in some medicine that actually does help with the itch so-yay-things are looking up. Mostly I was so grateful for my awesome friends that let me dump 4 kids on them while I was back and forth to the Drs office for blood draws. At least they didn’t make me stay there!
Wednesday online school started. Cannon goes in with Isaac and works there where he has good internet. He is able to do it independently and it’s fine. Colt...whole other story. It’s death!! 4 zoom calls a day-none of which he can do himself. Plus HOURS worth of online learning activities. He’s figuring out zoom slowly but one of the times I thought I had him on and he spent 45 min of the hour long call with no video-why didn’t he just come get help??? Good question. My phone becomes the hot spot and then I don’t have it all day. It’s just a pain. It’s also tough cuz Seth will sabotage any electronic device in use. So I have to lock Colt in a room and hope he tells me when he needs help. It a disaster and exhausting!
I’m so glad it’s the weekend!!
And here’s my little hunter. I hate hate hate how much of Isaacs discretionary time (that isn’t much) has been consumed by this hunt. They had a place to hunt...then they didn’t...I don’t know! And we don’t need and I don’t want the meat so I think eh let someone else keep the deer out of the neighbors fields. But my vote doesn’t really matter.
So no I don’t want them to get anything but I would love for it to be over with so... we’ll see. I’m sure I’ll report back next week!
Today Isaac brought home dinner—that was awesome!
But I think that’s about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment