Friday, July 16, 2021

Good Saturday vibes! Aren’t they cute? 
I don’t know what I wanted to accomplish Saturday but I’m pretty sure the only thing I really got done was being the moral support on this project:
I swear the mower is ALWAYS broken…but so far at least he’s ALWAYS been able to fix it. I mowed over at the cemetery this week-that’s nice it was pretty bad! And we haven’t mowed up around the  headstones cuz, well, we always have a broken mower withOUT hitting a headstone…and since it’s so over grown you can’t even see them so that would be inevitable. But the front area looks a lot better. I've ran there a few times this week too. It’s easier to stay out of the mud when I'm running instead of riding my bike-I definitely get my heart rate up higher running...by running I totally mean SLOW jog...but the question mark is my dang knees. Stupid aging joints. It helps if I ice them when I get done though and I have learned that I get along a LOT better if I walk a little first instead of just taking off running. I figure if I walk to the end of the gravel road its still a mile and half over there so...whatever, good enough. 
Saturday afternoon Isaac invited the missionaries over (for that night 😳) they brought some friends they’ve been teaching. Its cool -kindof an open invitation if they wanna bring someone out. Imagine our surprise when a friend from Colt’s kindergarten class, Carlos, walked in! He and his sisters had a great time zip lining, jumping on the tramp and just playing farmhouse style. Isaac was in full blown Mr fun guy mode.
Sunday I ended up reading about our friends stillbirth when they lost one of their twins. I confess I read about Riz often…it’s not like I’ll ever forget but sometimes I just want to remember what I felt then, what I wrote then! I realized I never wrote about the last time I know for 100% sure that I felt him move, it was Monday night as we knelt to pray. Isaac (used to) sometimes kneel up on the top of the bed (I called it his rameumpton haha) but I went to kneel up by him and hunched over my big belly and said “oh little guy is having none of that!” And crawled off  to the side of the bed to kneel normal. I feel like the end being in prayer is one of the tender mercies.
Anyway as I read and read and read (our friend is a writer! A total wordsmith, her ability to write is amazing  there were like eleven posts or something like that) and it’s been almost 5 years for them but it was crazy to me how different it was-and how ultimately it was really completely the same. 
After that I ended up reading about the week before Riz died-there was one way bad night I wrote that I didn’t know what was going on. I guess now we know.  Ug.
Monday I went looking for a pic of just Isaac and I, (for a RS thing) they don’t exist!!!  Not recent ones anyway.  But I found some fun memories!! 
At Devin and Jill's wedding June of '09
Painting our room...I threw a fit about that green paint-no way was I going to go for that...I've mellowed out quite a bit... But it was sweet of him to paint me a message. 
And he might not be a real cowboy (don't tell him I said that) but I'll keep him!


AND.....Who are these people???
So much hair for him, so blonde and sans wrinkles for me. We didn’t get married young but I guess compared to now…we were!  
It was actually super fun to look through the old pics. 
In more recent pics…
I’m not sure how you sleep like this? Grama thought sheer exhaustion…probably a good guess. 
I have tons of pictures of him playing with my hair but we’ll skip those. 
Tuesday we went to the new aquatic center and to beach with ward friends. 

The old pics were a blast but we were upstairs thinking about and plotting against the climbing wall to get up to the loft and Cannon found my old journals...ummm maybe not bud. The first page I flipped open to I was pretty ticked. Positive memories here on the blog-vents there. YIKES. They probably should be burned. But the second thing I turned to was Tanner's birth story. It was fun to read. I am thankful I wrote things down. I'm thankful to be his mom. There was one dagger though I wrote something along the lines of "Its crazy how I hate being pregnant, dread delivery, but then instantly can't imagine life without him." And now here we are carrying on, living what couldn't be imagined then. 
ANYWAY
We got to hang out with the Pettit’s a couple times this week-we always love that. We went there yesterday and they boys had piano and today we met up with friends at the church and then the park and then brought a couple home with us. 
Good times 
But I think that pretty much wraps it up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment