Friday, July 23, 2021

Summer fun…

Last week we couldn’t find a current pic so Saturday on our way to Miri’s baptism (friend Colt’s age-we LOVE the Hilton’s) but we made the pic happen. Cann got the close up in the swing with the portrait setting and Colt took the one with Sethy at the bottom. 



Which I only put on because he is photo bombing it. 😊  But we’re up to date now-should be good for about 10 years! 
Saturday afternoon while Seth and I did some mowing these troops started working on our nasty swamp of a pool. Of course we’re just puttering (and wasting chemicals) Isaac was glueing part of it back together with super glue…I’m not talking one little piece it was several pieces and when he asked me-my first vote was buy a new one-he didn’t want to, not surprising, so second I voted e6000 but he wasnt going to wait around for that to dry so he went with super glue. The real question is—-why does he ask me at all??? 🤔
Tan’s been pretty into running the skid steer this week-and Colt wanted to too. 


They’re getting attached and Isaac’s getting ready to sell it.  I promise you he’s not going to get it all shined up or buy a new seat for it for us. 

I asked him why now, just curious, the plan has been to sell it all along but he didn’t seem in any rush. 
Bottom line he just might want to free up some assets for another business idea…heaven help me! And if someone could please remind him he has a good job that provides for our needs (and gives him a dang lot of freedom) I’d sure appreciate it. -Sigh-

Sunday I got a new calling—guess what happens when you complain to the Bishop about singing random songs that nobody’s heard of…I don’t know ANYTHING about being a music director but I know I’ll pick songs we’ve heard of. Ha. 
He had his annual fireside about balancing med school with life. Guess who the babysitter was? There was no way I could take the crying kids to their parents, at one point they were ALL crying. It was the snowball effect and I was like whatever-you’re safe you’re fine… But holy smokes by the end of it I was pretty frazzled. And I made upwards of 6 doz cookies that morning because he didn’t tell me anyone else was bringing treats. Oh goodness, there were so many treats-and we have some frozen cookies too. 
All the treats you want kids—outside! (Only one of the kids in the pic was one I actually had to tend-these guys were pretty much on their own and I had this many more 1-2 year old screaming their heads off. Yikes. 

Monday we went to the church to “workout” but really I’m pretty dialed in on exercising by going to Riz’s grave right now so I don’t know how much I’ll go back…now if they want to start playing basketball again —I’m in…but if not, eh maybe… the kids love getting to see their friends though. And I find 150 pics similar to this when I go to blog. 

Well-we know they didn’t learn to take that many pics from Isaac. Ha! 
Monday was also more on pool fun (or grossness he had them trying to stir up the alge off the bottom with their feet 🤮🤮🤮) and  then everyone had naps so dad would let them stay up and go coon hunting. We tried to catch fireflies while waiting for it to get dark. 


I guess they did get a raccoon, Seth was telling me all about it. But my favorite part was the first place they went was over to Riz’s grave. I thought it was kindof sweet-little brother got in on the fun too…not really but you know. But they didn’t get one over there,  they almost had to give up but persevered until they did get one right here close at the silage pit. I had stayed home and just went to bed, but that didn’t work when the herd of elephants came home. Oh well. 

That water is quickly getting greener and greener again, Nasty. 

Tan hasn’t had the best week-he ended up puking the other night, then again today 👎🏻 And last night he had this crazy heat rash. (I know he’s standing close in the above pic but I swear he didn’t get in that pool-he just likes to hangout on the ladder, so that couldn’t have been the rash culprit) 
Anyway…a little Benadryl and we hope he’s on the mend 



Isaac is at youth conference as of yesterday…but I thought it was super sweet of Sis Johnson to send me this pic! 
The only other thing I can really think of was I ended up unloading on my journal this week-the same one I said last week should be burnt, ha, maybe not quite yet- and it was really really good for me. It just started with me telling about my day like normal and I had made my “find your faith” shirt (I like faith shirts) but I kind of just started writing down where that came from. Among other things like “today is going to be really hard” and “come out stronger” that is what Dr Speak told me when he came in and crouched by the side of my hospital bed the day I delivered Riz’s body. I know he said more that I don’t remember, I know he checked on Isaac too, just that it was going to be a rough day for dad too. But “Find your Faith” is what stood out to me-so I put it on a shirt…cuz I love to make t-shirts. But anyway so I was writing about my day and that I’d made that shirt but then I kind just ended up writing down A LOT of stuff that I’ve relived a hundred times but not ever written down. Things like that horrible no heartbeat ultrasound where I sit up and ask “now what?” As the shock set in. 
Anyway it’s just been really good for that to be written down-it has a spot now, beyond just inside of me, and it’s been a good step in the healing and liberating direction. 
So of course here I am writing about that too. 🤷‍♀️ It’s just what I do. 
Cannon nags me constantly to play catch with him-occasionally his brothers get in on it (I really like it when they do cuz then I don’t feel like I’m ignoring them) anyway we had to bust out a new glove for Colt’s  he was pretty excited-most interest he’s shown in baseball EVER



AND we didn’t get to do it today because Tanner puked but I’m kinda a violin teacher 🤣🤣🤣
Now if you can pick yourselves off the floor I’ll explain. I’m really just the temporary she’s 7 and let’s see if this is going to stick person for Michaila’s daughter Saige. We’ve  done one lesson so far where we talked about bow holds and plucked Pop goes the Weasle…basically we’re kill’n it! 
My new headboard came today. I’ve got some work to do in the decorating department but that’s alright. We haven’t had a headboard since we moved to Mississippi. Headboards are not really functional so it’s never been a priority around here…but it should’ve been—cuz I’m pretty happy about it! 
I should put a picture on…I don’t know what else so I guess I’m done.
Seems like I should’ve put a kid or two in this pic. Oh well. 








No comments:

Post a Comment